Cash America Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cash America President, CEO, and Director Dan Feehan
Dan Feehan

Pros
Cons
  • Paperwork was falsified by upper management (District Manager) to try to fire me (in 33 reviews)

• Work/ Life balance is non existent (in 15 reviews)

1. "If you don't want to have your own opinions ideas or make you own decisions it's a ""

Current Employee - Shop Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Shop Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cash America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits discounts on items

Cons

No work life balance, you are treated like you do not matter and can easily be replaced. You can not go above your supervisor because you will get a failing inspection and you can not fight the score. No matter how good you P&L shows you doing if you do not suck up to your supervisor you are gone. If you dont want to have your own opinions, ideas or be able to make you own decisions it's a "great" place to work. I am on this website looking for another job

Advice to Management

The higher ups need to ask the shop managers about their reviews, opinions and ideas and not just take what is give to them as fact. Shop manager need to be empowered to make changes in their owns stores.

"Company Merged"

I worked at Cash America full-time

Pros

Company no longer exists. Due to a merger new CEO and other Executives.

Cons

There were no cons while I was with the company. Worked there for 10 years in the legal department. Great General counsel and the best department that I ever worked in. The whole department was replaced due to merger.

3. "Not the same company I went to work for."

I worked at Cash America full-time

Pros

It is a growing company

Cons

They are inconsistent in management goals

Advice to Management

Don' t forget what and who got you to this point

5. "Good but pushy."

Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cash America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Less strict that regular retail.
    Very nice managers and team feeling.
    Commission.

Cons

Corporate likes to instate arbitrary policies.
    Irritable customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, most of the issues come down from on high.

6. "Writing pawn loans, buying items, and customer service with sales commission. Merchandising. Locations inventory."

Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Cash America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Base plus commissions. Interesting merchandise. Knowledge from experience. Wide range of customers. Very diverse environment. Gun friendly and great employees discounts.

Cons

Favoritism. Low opportunity. Pay not enough. Heavy workload. Outdated methods in every department. You're with me or fired attitude. No care for store overall welfare amongst employees and manager relationships.

Advice to Management

Review you're managers and methods at the store level with equality in mind. Numbers are good but so are the people making those numbers happen so hear them out. Emphasize not to mix work with play amongst different tiers of the employees (CSR's and shop managers). As well as implement up to date methods of pricing and managing techniques.

7. "Culture at Cash America"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Lilburn, GA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Lilburn, GA

I worked at Cash America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get great discounts depending on the store manager

Cons

too many hours for not enough pay

Advice to Management

If you have good employees who are hard working and customer oriented, advise the to DM they get pay raises.

8. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Cash America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great peers and coworkers. Most often a team environment in the field. Love our customers...it is these folks that make you smile.

Cons

Benefits and Core Values have all but disappeared. While I used absolutely love my job, now it's a place I work...with little work-life balance. Now the company is FirstCash, Inc.

Advice to Management

Buck the trend... Revert to viewing your employees as your number one asset, instead of your biggest expense. High turnover equals less knowledge .

9. "Cashamerica"

I worked at Cash America full-time

Pros

Love the pawn bussiness and fast paced enviroment.

Cons

My experience with Cashamerica was that they really did not care at all for there employees or even there customers.
    I felt they did not have very good morals as far as upper managment goes.My own Market manager said several times that they
    did not care if the employees were happy, and said that we were all easily replaceable. So as someone who was very experienced
    with the company, I felt no matter how hard I worked I was never appreciated.The only people in the company that really seemed to
    get recognition by the market managers, and higher ups were the people who tryed to be buddy buddy and suck up. Rather than just working hard,
    and trying to do things right. This company does not promote from within very often at all. Literally you might have to wait ten years to move up.
    They bring people from outside retail stores to manage. They train them for only a short period of time. Most of them end up relying on there
    assistants to run the shops, becuase they either didnt learn enough or they didnt care to continue doing the things they were taught to do
    because they have assistants to do it all for them. The assistants are usually way to stressed out due to this. Its like all the managers that
    have been brought in think they are just there to be a face and that is all they have to do, or they act like CSR'S and just claen the sales floor.
    All the while there assistants are doing everything.
    If you are ever being harrassed by your manager dont use the HR department they will do nothing to help you, they will do everything in there power
    to attack you and make it your fault, and you will still have to continue being harrassed after they improperly investigate.
     This company compromised my morals by not taking care of the customers belongings,not the employees but the actual higher ups.
    They also did not show concern for there employees healths and the enviroment that the employees were made to work in, nor did they care what
    type of enviroment the customer belongings were being stored in as well. When I finally left the company I was treated very
    rudly by the HR department just becuase,I called for my documents.I had to call them several times over several weeks,and they still
    never sent me my documents. This prevented me from getting health insurance for three months. I actually could go on, just know you will be better
    off never working for Cashamerica!!!!

Advice to Management

Your greatest assets are your loyal long time hardworking employees. You should value them instead of threatening them and treating them like
    they are replaceable.
    They are the ones that build repore with customers and keep them coming back.They are also the ones who have
    to handle customer issues all day long.They take alote of abuse for your company.Promoting from within would help build moral.Recognizing those
    who work hard and care about the company would be a good thing. Rather than only recognizing the ones that can talk a good line.
    Managers that are brought in from the outside should be made to run the stores instead of pushing everything off on there assistants
    while they play and handle there personel lives. Caring about the health enviroments that you have your employees working in and your customer
    belongings in should always be number one.Employee issues should be confidential. When an old employees requests documents
    they shouldnt be treated badly for requesting them just becuase they no longer work there. The HR department could definatly use some
    training in how to handle harrassment situations, and investigate properly. Market managers could benifit from stress managment and
    training on proffesionalism.

10. "Worked here for 4 years"

I have been working at Cash America full-time

Pros

Awesome staff great hours good commission

Cons

Like every customer service field rude customers

11. "pawnbroker"

I have been working at Cash America full-time

Pros

A lot of insight on various products. A lot of customer interaction daily.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work and responsibilities given. Many obligations that require you to go above and beyond to little to no job advancement.

Advice to Management

Be able to come up with productive shop goals and marketing plans to allow employees to excel in sales aspect of job responsibilities