Cash America Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/ Life balance is non existent (in 16 reviews)

• Paperwork was falsified by upper management (District Manager) to try to fire me (in 33 reviews)

"Company Merged"

I worked at Cash America full-time

Pros

Company no longer exists. Due to a merger new CEO and other Executives.

Cons

There were no cons while I was with the company. Worked there for 10 years in the legal department. Great General counsel and the best department that I ever worked in. The whole department was replaced due to merger.

2. "Not the same company I went to work for."

I worked at Cash America full-time

Pros

It is a growing company

Cons

They are inconsistent in management goals

Advice to Management

Don' t forget what and who got you to this point

3. "Good but pushy."

Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cash America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Less strict that regular retail.
    Very nice managers and team feeling.
    Commission.

Cons

Corporate likes to instate arbitrary policies.
    Irritable customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, most of the issues come down from on high.

4. "Loan Processor"

I worked at Cash America full-time

Pros

my co workers, It was dead, no busy traffic, closed on most bank holidays, travel fee pay for mileage, free lunches on company meetings that's it.

Cons

Profit Sharing, The Hours, The crazies that come in, The employee pay, They didn't have bullet proof glass, Don't have a high end machinery to detect fraudulent checks or money. I literally had to drive to the boonies of Lancaster (where new hires go and have their 1st mandatory meeting) and was told verbally over a meeting this is what fake money looks like touch it familiarize yourself with it. This meeting was hours long training in the money portion itself was like 15 mins. Hassle from management if high number of people default on their loans, (As If we can control that!) Marketing, where you drive your own vehicle and advertise for your company and say hey check us out where a loan place hit us up if you need us, left them business cards, would take their business cards as proof to show that i was there. Horrible place never want to go back. I was polite to give a 2 weeks notice.

Advice to Management

Invest in Advertising!!! Why should your employees advertise for you?! You sure as hell don't pay enough, pay more, Oh invest in fraud machines to detect fake 100 bills and invest in Bullet Proof Glass, And make circle holes on the glass so the customers can hear us speak. I was shouting half the time cause the old people couldn't hear me! For the record I have a loud voice!

"Writing pawn loans, buying items, and customer service with sales commission. Merchandising. Locations inventory."

Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Pawnbroker in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Cash America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Base plus commissions. Interesting merchandise. Knowledge from experience. Wide range of customers. Very diverse environment. Gun friendly and great employees discounts.

Cons

Favoritism. Low opportunity. Pay not enough. Heavy workload. Outdated methods in every department. You're with me or fired attitude. No care for store overall welfare amongst employees and manager relationships.

Advice to Management

Review you're managers and methods at the store level with equality in mind. Numbers are good but so are the people making those numbers happen so hear them out. Emphasize not to mix work with play amongst different tiers of the employees (CSR's and shop managers). As well as implement up to date methods of pricing and managing techniques.

"District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Cash America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great peers and coworkers. Most often a team environment in the field. Love our customers...it is these folks that make you smile.

Cons

Benefits and Core Values have all but disappeared. While I used absolutely love my job, now it's a place I work...with little work-life balance. Now the company is FirstCash, Inc.

Advice to Management

Buck the trend... Revert to viewing your employees as your number one asset, instead of your biggest expense. High turnover equals less knowledge .

"If you don't want to have your own opinions ideas or make you own decisions it's a ""

Current Employee - Shop Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Shop Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Cash America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits discounts on items

Cons

No work life balance, you are treated like you do not matter and can easily be replaced. You can not go above your supervisor because you will get a failing inspection and you can not fight the score. No matter how good you P&L shows you doing if you do not suck up to your supervisor you are gone. If you dont want to have your own opinions, ideas or be able to make you own decisions it's a "great" place to work. I am on this website looking for another job

Advice to Management

The higher ups need to ask the shop managers about their reviews, opinions and ideas and not just take what is give to them as fact. Shop manager need to be empowered to make changes in their owns stores.

8. "Worked here for 4 years"

I have been working at Cash America full-time

Pros

Awesome staff great hours good commission

Cons

Like every customer service field rude customers

9. "Some locations are good"

I have been working at Cash America part-time

Pros

10% commission up to 5000in sales then it goes up. You're allowed to discount. Employee discount

Cons

Some locations are horrible.

10. "pawnbroker"

I have been working at Cash America full-time

Pros

A lot of insight on various products. A lot of customer interaction daily.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work and responsibilities given. Many obligations that require you to go above and beyond to little to no job advancement.

Advice to Management

Be able to come up with productive shop goals and marketing plans to allow employees to excel in sales aspect of job responsibilities