Cash Store Store Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Store Manager

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Trevor Ahlberg

Pros
  • The pay is great, and the customers always make the job interesting (in 13 reviews)

• The pay is good that's about it (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about you (in 14 reviews)

• When upper management comes to visit everything you say is being reported back up the chain of command (in 4 reviews)

1. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Garland, TX

I have been working at Cash Store part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays good and there is a pay raise schedule so you know when you get it and how much, and customer service experience.

Cons

Store performance is the only thing that matters you are responsible for the numbers even though alot of people get the loan and plan not to pay it back. The company will let you go for almost anything. They read you a script that doesn't really tell you why your getting fired. Micro managed big time. The insurance they have is really crappy. Job safety (they do not care about update any of their security cameras or alarms). Their job posting always say they pay for maternity leave but they just use all your vacation ans sick time after that your short term disability kicks in and if your out to long your job will NOT be there when you come back. They fired multiple employees when they came back from using their vacation. You can't do anything right, it's always what you did wrong. They record the phone calls and they will review them and tell you what you did wrong.

Advice to Management

Care about the good employees you have and realize it when you have them. Get better insurance

2. "Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Spring, TX

I worked at Cash Store full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer service training
    Advancement
    Decent starting wage
    A good learning opportunity of what you don't want in an employer
    Not really many pros to working here

Cons

Upper management does not care about you. You're a pawn and nothing more. They entrap you with a false sense of security, when in fact, there is none at all. They play favoritisms hardcore. They say they're all for their customers, but if helping customers starts costing too much time, then you're in the fault and you get fired. You're extremely micromanaged.

"Wishy washy"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lufkin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lufkin, TX

I worked at Cash Store full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well I thought the pay was but now that I have talked to other loan places they all seem to pay more.

Cons

Lots of hours, micromanaged, lots of termination of employees ( while I was there we had 3 different district managers, two different regional managers and countless assistant store managers were terminated), if you take leave your job will not be there when you come back. I was out on maternity leave and called to check in/get my return time for the following Monday and they informed me that I no longer had a job so do not go on leave I had the Vice President of the company tell the area manager he liked the way I worked and they still didn't let me return, there is a lot of drama and talking behind people's backs

Advice to Management

Stop firing so many people and realize when you have good employees. Rather than fire people let them know when they are doing something wrong so they have a chance to fix it.

5. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Cash Store full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The starting pay is great compared to other loans companies. Workload is fairly easy but keeps you busy.

Cons

Benefits suck! You have a set schedule that doesn't always work if you have thing come up or children or what to go to school

Advice to Management

Don't make employees be so scripted in their interactions with customers

6. "Pay attention to all the bad reviews!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Greenville, TX

I worked at Cash Store full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Okay pay for what you're doing ($11 per hour)
    -Its a "sit down" job in an office setting

Cons

-Pushing 581% interest rate loans on people who will never be able to afford to pay it back.
    -Very unsafe. You are under constant threat of being robbed.
    -70% of your job is making collection calls (each person gets called 3rd per day) and trying to push customers into refinancing their loan, which only pushes them further into debt.
    -You have to do all cleaning in the store yourself.
    -You work 6 days per week
    -They tell you that you'll get a raise every few months, but it's only a few cents.

They will make the job sound wonderful during the interview, but don't fall for it! There are hundreds of bad employee reviews for a reason! If you're desperate for a job then go ahead, but don't count on being there for longer than a few months or a year if you're lucky. They're a very "fire happy" company. I quit not because I couldn't stand lying to the customers and pushing them into debt they'll never get out of.

Advice to Management

They are fully aware of how terrible of a company they are. They amount to nothing more than legal loan sharks.

"Former manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Cash Store full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay but then again u don't get any help if u have kids due to making to much. And no time for them at all. If u don't have kids all gets taken away in taxes. I was a Former Manager, stay away from here, terrible job, no security, worked 46 hrs a week w/ only 30 min lunch 12 hour days. If u stayed late due to taking care of customers wich u require, it will come out your lunch. 1,000 collect calls wich u call 3 times a day answer or not, while u do loans, payments, refinance, answer calls, management call u every 5 min telling u don't do nothing no matter how busy u are. Very stressful if don't meet your numbers they show up and say someone will pay. Very unprofessional talk bad of employees right behind them. If u are sick they don't care even if u been thier long. Write u up for things u didn't do. That's how u know ur next in getting fired. Uppermanement tell u your job sucks. STAY AWAY no long term. Looks bad when they let u go. Hard to keep that of your record no matter how hard u worked for them is on your record whatever crap they put.

Cons

Nothing STAY AWAY keep the job u have yes maybe is lesser pay but, they will value u more than here

Advice to Management

Ask me when they let u go how to file unemployment.

"This is by far the worst job ever.."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cash Store full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only thing good is pay..

Cons

Long hours
    DM is picky
    Many stores get rob and want you to come in and work like nothing even happened.
    Have to work a full year to even receive sick time and vacation
    Work on these outdated computers
    High turnover rate
    Not flexible
    Very, Very Stressful
    And one last thing every Monday you have to worry if you're gonna get fired. It is not a stable job so don't get too comfortable. If I was you, I wouldn't step one foot in this job industry. YOU WON"T HAVE A LIFE HERE!!! Beware it's a job not a career. If you're in school trying to better yourself don't even think about it this company do not I repeat DO NOT accommodate school they want you to be here 6 days a week with only one day off during the week and Sunday off. Basically you live at this job from sun up to sun down that's miserable. This company got all this money but won't hire security. It's not safe here STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!!!

Advice to Management

Hire job security and have flexible hours. Show more concern about your employees and let us know that your employees are doing a great job.

"This was the worst job I have ever had."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Conroe, TX

I worked at Cash Store full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work in the store are nice and down to earth. The pay is very competitive and most of the customers are friendly.

Cons

This company does not care about their employees. I was robbed at gun point and expected to return to work two days later working by myself. Upper management has no morals and only cares about numbers. If I could select no stars, I would.

Advice to Management

Offer some sympathy when your employees are placed in a traumatic situation.

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Universal City, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Universal City, TX

Pros

High pay (starting at $14.93 per hour at some locations), 2 days off per week

Cons

no job security, terrible management, given busy work a lot of the time, high interest rates on loans ( up to 581.72% APR)

Advice to Management

Stop firing people so much

11. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Cash Store (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime, Great Benefits, Paid Sick and Vacation, 401k, Fun and Professional people to work with, On going training...

Cons

If you don't like overtime or working on the weekend, this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work