Casino Arizona Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great for school/ work balance"

Current Employee - Concession Attendant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Concession Attendant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Casino Arizona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked as a concession attendant for a couple years while attending my last 2 years of college. As a full time employee you are eligible for up to $6000 of tuition reimbursement a year if you study a related field. It's a very simple process to. You just bring your classes and the tuition statement to HR, and then bring your grades back if they are a C or better. As a student on a budget I was appreciative of the free uniforms and work shoes. They are also flexible with your work schedule, and offer 22 paid days off a year! This made it easy to take days off during finals/ midterms/ and time consuming projects. The dental insurance is also unbelievable, and has saved me a lot of money. It is so relaxing to have all my basic needs met, and to make a livable wage at an entry level position.

Cons

You may have to work strange hours and holidays. You are also exposed to cigarette smoke. Getting promoted can also be tough, but isn't impossible.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job. Treating employees well, like you do, makes them stay.

2. "Good job but many sacrifices"

Former Employee - Cage Cashier in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Cage Cashier in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Casino Arizona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company with good values. Benefits are amazing. Medical, Dental, and Vision. 401k, tuition reimbursement, and Paid Time Off. Cash tips.

Cons

I worked in the Cage department full time for 2 years. You have to "earn" your days off and there's no negotiating your days once you receive them. This department has a lot of blacked out days, and most if not all holidays are blacked out. So, it is difficult to spend time with family during the holidays. The environment of a casino can be fun but there just as many negative days as there is good. Tough and stressful place that is not for everyone. In addition, it can be difficult to receive approved PTO and sometimes have to wait on a long waiting list to switch shifts. Work/Life is hard to manage. Lots of sacrifices are put into this job. Each department is different, some more strict than others. Company is great, just be wise which department you decided to go into.

Advice to Management

To treat employees with more respect.

3. "IT"

Former Employee - IT in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - IT in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Casino Arizona (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good work life balance. Hospitality on the hotel truly cares about the guests.
    You can mess up daily and getting fired is nothing to worry about.

Cons

Pay is low, culture in a tribal community is rough. In IT there were people who knew very little but were promoted to get them out of the way.
    Skill set amongst "professionals" is severely lacking. CIO, deflects all issues to managers.
    Be aware that working for a casino is like working for a drug dealer, you have to be able to ignore morales as you watch people throw away everything. You will find no mentors here and I am being honest not angry.

Advice to Management

You do a very good job at letting the CFO run the entire organization and it works. Keeping current with industry salary is not enough in this environment.

5. "Table Games Supervisor & Dealer"

Current Employee - Table Games Floor Supervisor and Dealer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Table Games Floor Supervisor and Dealer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Casino Arizona part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional and upbeat atmosphere. Excellent Customer Relations; guests and co-workers alike.

Cons

Starting out part-time on graveyard shift...but everybody pays their dues...

6. "Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Casino Arizona full-time

Pros

Wellness program, dental benefits,401 k, bonus

Cons

No growth opportunities, annual pay raise ridiculous 30c, favoritism

Advice to Management

Be more professional, learn manners, stop moving up people that don’t deserve it.

7. "Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Casino Arizona (More than 8 years)

Pros

Upper management is nice, there was never any layoffs even through the recession. Company has great benefits.

Cons

Open 365/24/7 around the clock, sometimes you work on holidays and weekends. Customers can be a pain as well.

8. "Worked as Cage Cashier, Payroll Staff, & Casino Auditor"

Former Employee - Cage Cashier, Payroll Staff, Casino Auditor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Cage Cashier, Payroll Staff, Casino Auditor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Casino Arizona full-time

Pros

People are friendly, happy & satisfied with their respective job. The Company provide lots of incentives/benefits for the welfare of their employees.

Cons

None that I know. I am satisfied working with this Company.

Advice to Management

Good management.

9. "bingo floor clerk"

Former Employee - Bingo Floor Clerk in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Bingo Floor Clerk in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Casino Arizona part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyday it was always different

Cons

The department had poor management

Advice to Management

I'm a strong hard worker

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Casino Arizona full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

PTO, 401k, health benefits, 24 hour shifts gives you many choices for work schedules. Diverse work environment with many different employees from around the world.

Cons

Terrible Management, supervisors and management are underpaid, under appreciated by directors and above. Impossible for employees to get fired, so attendance issues make the job more stressful and tiresome for the employees who do show up for work. Supervisors job is more of a babysitting job for employees who really could care less about being there.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your compete philosophy on attendance, promotions and disciplinary procedures. You have created an environment where supervisors are babysitting problem employees instead of taking care of guests.

11. "TSR Review"

Former Employee - Web Master, Web Developer, Web Producer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Web Master, Web Developer, Web Producer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Casino Arizona (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent and benefits

Cons

Favoritism is rampant and unproductive