Cassanos Pizza Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Bad Organization"

I worked at Cassanos Pizza full-time

Pros

Friendly, always forgiving, works with your schedule

Cons

Everyone gets away with anything, no organization, money goes missing a lot.

2. "Previous General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is easy to get promoted to General Manager, the training program is fairly simple and fast.

Cons

District managers and the Coorperate office are to busy to care about increasing individual sales with any new ideas. They will ask for ideas but never follow through with them. The turn over rate is VERY HIGH and most management leave within 6-12 months....

Advice to Management

Don't take your employees for granted because they can find somewhere else to go that pays more and has more benefits.

3. "Worst"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Cassanos Pizza part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are very little pros to working at Cassanos.

Cons

Call center is filled with kids who have little work ethic, no call center experience which makes for a high turn over rate . Management Consists of immature women who have never worked elsewhere or posses any type of management experience, Who refuse most of the time to actually do any management work. No matter how loyaI you are as an employee, or how hard you work, your raise (if you ever get one) is based off of your popularity between certain individuals. System software used for orders is out dated and has many flaws or kinks that hinder persons to take accurate orders. Many employees working there reside in homes infested with bed bugs. Very unprofessional inappropriate behavior and relatiandhips between management and employees go on often which leads to favoritism. Corporate is mostly run by yuppy women who could care less about customer satisfaction or the well being of their employees. Cassano family claims to run family business but spends most money on extravagant cars or family vacations while employees only receive 25% off. Much of cassano customer base consists of far west or deep east side orders and deliveries which makes taking orders sometimes impossible because it is hard to understand certain people when they talk. Most people calling in to order cassanos have no since of respect, morals or manners so many phone calls go misunderstood and the employees receive negative points on their stats. Many times management refuses to take complaints so you as a minimum wage employee deals with ranting and raving threats and often very vulgar language from angry rude customers. Incentives to improve yourself in that company, like top sales are really just determined by how often or how many hours you work because you are taking more orders if you are scheduled more time than others. Most people hired lose their urge to succeed and advance because often they are not rewarded properly or fairly or even acknowledged by their managers. I have worked most my life and never been treated with such disrespect by a company claiming to be family oriented.

Advice to Management

Try to care about the customers more. Reward the employees selling your product.

4. "Good Food, Alright Place to Work"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Middletown, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Middletown, OH

Pros

Employee discounts on some of the best thin crust pizza I've ever had. Cassao's is also the only pizza place I've ever worked that offered benefits such as dental and paid vacation to part-time employees.

Cons

The district I worked in had a "revolving door" when it came to management which led to both an atmosphere of incompetence and morale crippling office politics. There was also a lack of consistency between stores.

When it comes to pay, don't expect a raise. They don't hand them out based on things like merit or tenure, only through promotion within the company.

Advice to Management

Quit worrying so much about numbers and focus more on customer service and food quality. If you're relying on your bonuses to pay your rent, then you are probably in the wrong line of work.

5. "Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kettering, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Downtime you can have reading material, phone, games anything that won't be too much of a distraction.

Cons

Management. Minimum wage. Hours.
    I do not get paid enough ( and maybe the managers don't either) to listen to customers complain about something that the store did wrong or why we don't deliver to there area. The management was horrible with customers like that sure they don't need to deal with them either but really if I hang up on someone then it's my butt on the line. Management just does not care. Like another reviewer said they are cliques in there and half the time if you don't join one they kinda leave you out like high school.

Advice to Management

Actually do something.

6. "Workfing at Cassano's"

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza full-time

Pros

Staff and management are great!

Cons

There are no raises there.

7. "Good tips."

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza part-time

Pros

The tips are great! The hours are flexible. The product is awesome. The customers are nice.

Cons

Management is terrible but there are a few good apples left.

Advice to Management

Advertise more. Be more involved in your individual stores.

8. "Worked at the cassano's call center. I is a fairly easy job as long as you have some customer service skills."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kettering, OH

I worked at Cassanos Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment. Local business, not a huge corporation. Nice people.

Cons

Minimum wage. Dirty. Very little feedback from managers. Have to work late shifts.

9. "mom and pop shop"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in North Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in North Springfield, OH

Pros

cassanos is a very nice company to work for with a large list of steady costumers and excellent food

Cons

cassanos does not keep good inside employees and low-balls managers and terrible management work schedules to where you cant have a life outside of cassanos

Advice to Management

keep good inside employees by paying a little more .change management work schedules around a little like having 1 or 2 weekends off a month so they can plan to do something like normal people instead of working every weekend all year long .pay a work related bonus for store performance so employees will want the phone to ring instead of hoping it doesnt

10. "So far, so...okay"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative - Customer Service Representative in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Cassanos Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just started working here this year.
    PROS:
    Great mostly-friendly environment.
    Allowed to read and text and stuff like that while you wait to do orders.
    Easy place to make friends.
    Understandable if things happen, like medical or family emergency, stuff like that.

Cons

CONS:
    Minimum wage, stuck unless you become manager which I really don't see myself doing.
    25% discount is a little dainty, should be more for the emotional toll and stress the place can bring to ya, trust me.
    To be quite honest, it sometimes feels like High School in the call center, still have those little cliques and I dunno, you just really see the people spread thin.
    You can become friends with managers or other CSR's but it really just is a High School computer class where we just take orders and talk from time to time waiting for a call, wish it was more...dunno, bright and happy, it's bright in the literal sense. But it's so drab in all reality cause the cubicle is basically a padded prison cell with carpet and wood.
    You have to follow pretty much a script given to you that you learn pretty easily but forget something and your monitory score goes down quite fast and that's not good. You get a CSR report at the end of every month, best not to use too much pause time and/or such stuff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work.
    Work harder into understanding more about your CSR's.
    Put more oomph in your step.
    If people screw up cause they don't follow the "script", give them a damn break.