Cassidy Turley Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Cassidy Turley Washington Reviews

Washington, DC

2.4
Cassidy Turley CEO Joseph Stettinius Jr.
Joseph Stettinius Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor interaction between property management and brokerage (in 4 reviews)

• Many employees quit due to these issues (in 2 reviews)

1. "Property Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

A better than average place to work and there is opportunity for advancement but you have to understand that there is much hungry competition.

Cons

Lots of changes...and mergers but that happens in CRE. Management is too top heavy.

2. "Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cassidy Turley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay but how they treat you not worth it

Cons

Bad management, and if you report it to HR. They retaliate and give you a hard time.

Advice to Management

Some one should supervise management, and not rely only on reports they get from them. They make up info and reports.

3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Washington, DC

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Benefits, Respectable Hours, and an overall stable place to work. Depending on department, management may be either great or distant. The team I was on was dynamic and capable.

Cons

Difficult to see the company beyond your specific department. There is a lack of development tools, and the guidance one receives is very minimal to grow and develop.

Advice to Management

Regularly reach out to your associates, they may have novel ideas, development goals, and hidden skills that they would not know how to use without guidance and or training.

"Lacking in vision"

Former Employee - Graphic Design/Office Management in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Graphic Design/Office Management in Washington, DC

I worked at Cassidy Turley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- you have some opprotunities to learn new skills
    - some people care, you're very fortunate if you happen to work for a manager that does
    - it's a job for a down economy i suppose.
    - OK benefits
    - a lot of young people
    - nice location

Cons

- a very short glass ceiling. once you've hit it, get comfortable or get moving out the door because there is absolutely no room for growth professionally. it gets boring FAST. and don't even think about growing into other areas, they will have none of that even if you can see the need
    - they push out innovative and good people. my manager was pushed out, as were several others around me. it was sad to see good people go and the "networked" people stay
    - i remember dreading every day in that office. i dreaded every meeting i had to have with my manager when my original one was pushed out. it was a negative environment with no positive reinforcements. i constantly felt like i was watching over my shoulder, and i'm glad i did. i documented everything i did at work and when it came push to shove, i could retort all the Cassidy fables.
    - they don't value professional development. when i saw no opportunity for development at cassidy, i obtained approval to go back to grad school part time. it overlapped once a week with my work schedule for an hour. when my manager was pushed out, the new manager did her best to stop me from pursing my masters. she even told me that my education was "worthless." - that's different.
    - challenging industry with no support to be competitive.
    - underpaid.

Advice to Management

- learn to recognize talent. keep that talent.
    - be open to growth in areas you didn't originally have in mind for someone.
    - positive reinforcement is a good thing. you should try it sometime.
    - respect people's work-life balance.
    - transparency and honesty
    - train all management positions. it's obvious they're not equipped to manage effectively

"Challenging Work Environment with great culture"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cassidy Turley as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pro's of working for Cassidy Turley include lot's of young people, great benefits, the opportunity to advance within the company.

Cons

Expect you to work long hours, and it can take several years for you to recieve an internal promotion. However it is worth it to remain with the company

"In a word: DYSFUNCTIONAL."

Former Employee - Graphic Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Graphic Specialist in Washington, DC

Pros

Pros- nice office space, with a great location.

Cons

Cons- management is CLUELESS, have no formal training or experience to be in the leadership roles they possess, favoritism is rampant, people- particularly women- in support roles are overlooked and opportunity for advancement is rare.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing the talent you have internally rather than continuing to acquire firms and grow outside- without a strong foundation, there is no way to support the expansion and no sense of unity and consistency throughout.

Offer training and development across the board, and create a structure that actually allows employees to be promoted from within for all practice groups and skill sets.

Work harder on transparency and displaying value of employees.

"Positive, at times the mentoring could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Positive office environment
    Great benefits
    Intelligent people

Cons

Could use more mentoring and transparency in information sharing

Advice to Management

Keep it up! CT is growing, and it's a great place to be right now.