Cast Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cast Software Chairman & CEO Vincent Delaroche
Vincent Delaroche

"A great place to sharpen your wits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software (More than a year)

Pros

From the moment I started with CAST it was clear that it isn't just another company.
    Everyone here takes great pride in their work, and if you like a challenge, this is a wonderful work place.
    The technology is super complex, perfect for geeks!
    Suggestions are taken seriously, everyone is given a chance to progress and develop. Management is always helpful and pushes the staff forward

Cons

The open work space sometimes gets a little distracting.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the envelope.

"Good for Experienced folks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary with Benefits and Learning.

Cons

No such cons but there is always chance of improvement.

"Solid mid cap company"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Cast Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company which flies the staff to Paris once a year for sales kickoff, decent health plan, and a solid product that works.

Cons

Something of a glass ceiling for non francophones. The product is starting to show its age, and should look at moving to a massively parallel engine. long sales cycle

Advice to Management

Consider replatforming to some low cost compute/storage platform. Consider that the US should be the bulk of your revenues.

"Great product, great company, lot's of room to grow, tremendous market potential !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment at CAST is cordial and relaxed.

Management is open minded, gets the market value of the product and recognizes the challenges in adoption, and recent hiring has been in the right direction.

Executive management is based out of North America headquarters in New York which is a good thing for growth of the company in my opinion.

Compensation and benefits are competitive.

I was a customer of CAST before I joined the company. For me, the CAST opportunity is all about market potential.

AIP provides a quantitative measure, on a scale of 1 to 4, of the robustness, changeability, transferability, efficiency and security of software based on how developers wrote the code. Well-written code is a significant business enabler but it has been a black box to measure even for CIOs - CAST AIP measures it quantitatively.

AIP is also a significant IT enabler - it provides a list of critical violations that if fixed will reduce software risk and improve software quality, it calculates the technical debt an organization is carrying and compares it to industry peers and automatedly calculates how much work is performed each release in terms of function points to help measure and compare vendor productivity, it helps architects check code compliance with architecture standards, allows them to perform transaction impact analysis, and documents system linkages that can be used as basis for a risk-based regression testing strategy. The usage scenarios are immense.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert for CAST AIP capabilities but in my opinion this is what working at CAST is truly about - it is about the promise of AIP. AIP holds the promise of driving higher quality software, and of becoming a standard way of measuring and benchmarking structural software quality globally. That is the reason I joined CAST, and why I'd recommend it to anyone looking to join CAST.

Cons

I have been here less than a year at time of writing this review, so am still relatively new and no major cons in my opinion. Few observations - CAST is not a very large company yet so you have to be prepared for that if you're moving from a large organization. The company is more geographically distributed than is customary for it's size (this will probably change as the company scales up in the small geographies) but so far management has been able to maintain a unified organization focus.

Advice to Management

In my opinion the company is on the right track - I think the key will be to maintain focus on adoption and continue to invest in our people as we have been doing.

"Exciting journey so far..."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As I was reading through these reviews on CAST I realized a bit sadly that people generally tend to speak more when they have something to complain about and less when they are feeling good… So yes I have been part of the happy ones… and for more than ten years now. Yep, ten years, I know it is a bit unusual, but so is CAST in many respects: first I still have this strong feeling of being part of a nice adventure. Helping to create something new on the IT market which is the introduction of software measurement, risk prevention and visibility to IT management is a great mission and definitely something that has already started changing the game and bringing significant evolution to the IT world. Of course working at CAST is probably a lot more challenging than being with some already well established software shop selling solutions that have been part of the landscape for a long time. So yes it is harder work, but also so much more exciting, motivating and rewarding. Other things I like? The fact that we are dealing with a wide spectrum of technologies and have to keep up with the latest developments… meaning there is always something new to discover and study in order to stay up to date with leading technologies… just in case you are worried about getting bored. Also, CAST is growing and already has several branches around the world including Paris, Bangalore and of course, a great office in NYC… only to mention the main ones. I also like the diversity of people working at CAST, the good work atmosphere, a CEO really passionate about his job, with good leadership, a stimulating vision for the future and a real commitment.
    … I am also enjoying the nice yearly kick-off parties in beautiful Paris :-)

Cons

CAST is still relatively small as a company size... so you may not find here some of the advantages you will get in much larger / strongly structured organizations... Not an issue for me at all, but I know some people may care...

"Shortsighted management, indifferent about employee welfare"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Cast Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool product, good client list

Cons

Management is shortsighted and does not care about employees or morale. Very confused organization structure. Highly political for this company size.

"Ethnocentric Company"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job security, if you work hard its easy to maintain your position. CEO very approachable and loyal to dedicated workers

Cons

Euro Styled management and sales approach

Advice to Management

Keep up your tenacity

"would not recommend working here"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

Pros

Firm is growing
    International exposure
    Get to travel to Paris every year

Cons

LOW pay and below average benefits
    Long hours - management does not care about your personal life commitments
    Not much for growth
    Lots of drama and office politics

Advice to Management

If you want people to work hard for you, you better compensate them appropriately. Be straightforward and communicate clearly to employees

"Fun Company, Good People"

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Technical Solutions Architect

Pros

Work Environment, everyone is willing to help you learn and get the job done. Nice open work environment. Decent benefits.
    Small Company culture, everyone is very friendly and you know almost everyone.

Cons

I don't have any as of now

"Stepping Stone"

I worked at Cast Software full-time

Pros

Product concept is unique and is great for highly technical folks who want to get into a sales engineering role.
    Exposure to executives in high-profile customers and prospects.
    A handful of really solid people in sales and product team that you can really learn from.
    Overall, this is a great place to learn how to sell due to the challenging nature of the product.

Cons

Lack of alignment in executive leadership. Very political for small company.
    The product is great in concept but requires a high level of customization which services struggles to deliver on.
    Compensation plans are not really aligned to the best outcomes (i.e. post sales is not incentivized to keep current in training and pre-sales has a billable ratio).
    The office space in NYC is noisy and the natural light is all blocked by offices. The rooftop access is nice, however.
    Lack of real HR, so there is no escalation channel to handle conflicts.

Advice to Management

There is so much unrealized potential with the product, but the politics keep you from progressing.
    The executive team needs to align the product, marketing, sales and delivery all to the same goal.