Cast Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Cast Software Chairman & CEO Vincent Delaroche
Vincent Delaroche

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Thank you So much for creating such a wonderful employee friendly working environment (in 7 reviews)

• Good working environment, Good Work Life Balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Stagnated or No growth opportunities (in 3 reviews)

• Very political for small company (in 3 reviews)

"A great place to sharpen your wits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software (More than a year)

Pros

From the moment I started with CAST it was clear that it isn't just another company.
    Everyone here takes great pride in their work, and if you like a challenge, this is a wonderful work place.
    The technology is super complex, perfect for geeks!
    Suggestions are taken seriously, everyone is given a chance to progress and develop. Management is always helpful and pushes the staff forward

Cons

The open work space sometimes gets a little distracting.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the envelope.

"Critical time to set the course right"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cast Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent people and multinational presence

Cons

The work atmosphere has become increasingly toxic. Talented employees are losing their morale. More people are leaving.

Advice to Management

Please make effort to talk to your employees. Senior management need to trust their employees. Sales organization need to invest in training their staff on communicating with the buyers. Marketing organization need to address morale and attrition rate. Product management organization need to establish a competitive mindset. Delivery organization need to provide more value added services

"Fun Company, Good People"

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Technical Solutions Architect

Pros

Work Environment, everyone is willing to help you learn and get the job done. Nice open work environment. Decent benefits.
    Small Company culture, everyone is very friendly and you know almost everyone.

Cons

I don't have any as of now

"Stepping Stone"

I worked at Cast Software full-time

Pros

Product concept is unique and is great for highly technical folks who want to get into a sales engineering role.
    Exposure to executives in high-profile customers and prospects.
    A handful of really solid people in sales and product team that you can really learn from.
    Overall, this is a great place to learn how to sell due to the challenging nature of the product.

Cons

Lack of alignment in executive leadership. Very political for small company.
    The product is great in concept but requires a high level of customization which services struggles to deliver on.
    Compensation plans are not really aligned to the best outcomes (i.e. post sales is not incentivized to keep current in training and pre-sales has a billable ratio).
    The office space in NYC is noisy and the natural light is all blocked by offices. The rooftop access is nice, however.
    Lack of real HR, so there is no escalation channel to handle conflicts.

Advice to Management

There is so much unrealized potential with the product, but the politics keep you from progressing.
    The executive team needs to align the product, marketing, sales and delivery all to the same goal.

"Vice President"

I worked at Cast Software full-time

Pros

CAST is a great company to work for. Everyone there is focused on the same goal of delivering the best software to their customers.

Cons

CAST is a small company, so you have to be ready for the culture that includes regular discussions with senior leadership on a deadly basis. Not really a con in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture you have it is one of the best!!

"Good for Experienced folks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary with Benefits and Learning.

Cons

No such cons but there is always chance of improvement.

"Executive"

I have been working at Cast Software full-time

Pros

Its a small company and you get to create / set your own process.

Cons

The guidance and Management backing is minimal.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees.

"ONE AND ONLY"

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Cast Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve worked 15 years in Paris, France, in Sales. That’s one of this not so common companies with a long term focus on a strategic goal (introducing measurement and objectivity in software world.. Good luck! ). REALLY BIG IMPACT on the IT market. There are still many people who have been worked for 20 years..Smart strategy with the system integrators, top talent in the exec team, nice people, lots of positives vibes, respect, hard work, politics-free zone.

Cons

Can’t really find ‘Cons’, albeit it was not easy every day.. Top management used to say that without hard work and determination, nothing grows but weeds.

Advice to Management

Don't change

"Solid mid cap company"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Cast Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company which flies the staff to Paris once a year for sales kickoff, decent health plan, and a solid product that works.

Cons

Something of a glass ceiling for non francophones. The product is starting to show its age, and should look at moving to a massively parallel engine. long sales cycle

Advice to Management

Consider replatforming to some low cost compute/storage platform. Consider that the US should be the bulk of your revenues.

"Great product, great company, lot's of room to grow, tremendous market potential !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cast Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment at CAST is cordial and relaxed.

Management is open minded, gets the market value of the product and recognizes the challenges in adoption, and recent hiring has been in the right direction.

Executive management is based out of North America headquarters in New York which is a good thing for growth of the company in my opinion.

Compensation and benefits are competitive.

I was a customer of CAST before I joined the company. For me, the CAST opportunity is all about market potential.

AIP provides a quantitative measure, on a scale of 1 to 4, of the robustness, changeability, transferability, efficiency and security of software based on how developers wrote the code. Well-written code is a significant business enabler but it has been a black box to measure even for CIOs - CAST AIP measures it quantitatively.

AIP is also a significant IT enabler - it provides a list of critical violations that if fixed will reduce software risk and improve software quality, it calculates the technical debt an organization is carrying and compares it to industry peers and automatedly calculates how much work is performed each release in terms of function points to help measure and compare vendor productivity, it helps architects check code compliance with architecture standards, allows them to perform transaction impact analysis, and documents system linkages that can be used as basis for a risk-based regression testing strategy. The usage scenarios are immense.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert for CAST AIP capabilities but in my opinion this is what working at CAST is truly about - it is about the promise of AIP. AIP holds the promise of driving higher quality software, and of becoming a standard way of measuring and benchmarking structural software quality globally. That is the reason I joined CAST, and why I'd recommend it to anyone looking to join CAST.

Cons

I have been here less than a year at time of writing this review, so am still relatively new and no major cons in my opinion. Few observations - CAST is not a very large company yet so you have to be prepared for that if you're moving from a large organization. The company is more geographically distributed than is customary for it's size (this will probably change as the company scales up in the small geographies) but so far management has been able to maintain a unified organization focus.

Advice to Management

In my opinion the company is on the right track - I think the key will be to maintain focus on adoption and continue to invest in our people as we have been doing.