Castle & Cooke Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Castle & Cooke Mortgage President and Chief Operating Officer Adam Thorpe
Adam Thorpe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "All loan officers get a marketing assistant, which is a huge perk not offered elsewhere" (in 13 reviews)

• "The upper management is always willing to help out no matter who you ask, this is a nice change from other companies I've worked for" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Losing employees, loan officers and branches too fast" (in 9 reviews)

• "I have nothing negative to say about this company" (in 3 reviews)

"Fantastic Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Funding in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Funding in Draper, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Castle & Cooke Mortgage for 4 years, I was brand new to the mortgage industry when I started here. They trained me from the beginning and have supported me and all other employees from day 1. The company is very team oriented and all employee's work together very well. The upper management is always willing to help out no matter who you ask, this is a nice change from other companies I've worked for. I would definitely recommend and I do recommend to everyone I know that they should work for CCM.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

The only thing I would say that could improve is PTO, sick time could be more than it currently is.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Shipper in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Shipper in Draper, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best mortgage company to work for, feel appreciated, small so you don't feel as drowned out in the corporate hustle. Great opportunities for cross training. Awesome benefits. Adam is a GREAT CEO.

Cons

Not great pay because the economy sucks and it is a small company.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Processor in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Processor in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time

Pros

I love the people and family like environment. Great opportunities for anyone who is performance minded. People really care. Fun place to work.

Cons

Nothing major at all. I do wish we had a different LOS.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I love the focus on culture and the company being better each and every day.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has extremely reliable and efficient processes. Some of the fastest turn times that I have seen in the business. The corporate staff is always willing to help. I love that I can always get support - even on nights and weekends when needed. The executives really care about company employees and they are focused on supporting sales.

Cons

Fast paced environment that isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on supporting company producers and driving sales initiatives.

5. "I Love Where I Work!"

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, holidays off and amazing support from corporate/IT/Marketing. They are all very helpful at the corporate level. Castle & Cooke Mortgage will empower you to do your job. They offer a great work atmosphere, wonderful benefits. The CEO/President Adam Thorpe is one of the best people I have ever met and works really well at building rapport & morale with all the employees. He actually visits the branches and he really cares about you succeeding in your job.

Cons

I honestly cant say anything that I do not like! I am very happy here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I am very happy with all that you do!

6. "I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time for almost one year"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I continue to be impressed on a daily basis. The company has smooth and efficient operations, friendly and supportive corporate staff, accessible executives and a great family like culture. Decisions are business minded and 100% oriented to supporting production. Top producers give freely of their time to help others improve. All loan officers get a marketing...

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Loan officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve not had loans close as quickly and efficiently as here and I was in control of operations departments for many years I’ve worked at Caslte & Cooke Mtg for over 3 years. I’ve been in lending for over 40 years. Great work atmosphere and family oriented. Upper management actually listens and responds. If management says something will be taken care of, it is without question. There is a 401k match. Benefits are very good.

Cons

I have no cons with C&C Mtg. It is truly that good!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing because it is definitely working on the ability of closing more loans!!

8. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Castle & Cooke for three + years and I continue to be impressed on a daily basis. The company has smooth and efficient operations, friendly and supportive corporate staff, accessible executives and a great family like culture. Decisions are business minded and 100% oriented to supporting production. Top producers give freely of their time to help others improve. All loan officers get a marketing assistant, which is a huge perk not offered elsewhere. This is truly a great company to be a loan officer.

Cons

I’d like to see more one on one sales training for new loan officers, but I know that can be difficult to implement since the company is really oriented toward seasoned loan officers.

Advice to Management

Keep up your focus on meeting the needs of the company’s producers and maintaining a positive culture.

9. "Focused on the right things ..."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company cares about its employees and performing at a high level. Management keeps promises to company employees. Flat management structure and leaders are accessible. The senior executives and department heads are always willing to roll up their sleeves and help. The company is focused on doing all it can to close loans quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Fast paced work environment this isn’t suitable to some people. Company is best suited to self starters that will work hard to grow and succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on supporting your producers. Continue your efforts to drive positive evolution at the company and in the industry.

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly, supportive, great tools, family like environment

Cons

What if I don't have any complaints?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!