Castle & Cooke Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Castle & Cooke Mortgage President and Chief Operating Officer Adam Thorpe
Adam Thorpe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The turn times are quick for both UW and CDs, I've been pacing same day/24 hours on everything" (in 9 reviews)

• "Upper management cares about their employees, and at the corporate office it shows" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Losing employees, loan officers and branches too fast" (in 7 reviews)

• "I have nothing negative to say about this company" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Love it here"

Current Employee - Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has provided tremendous support compared to my last firm. If a loan goes sideways, they are helpful in getting it resolved in a very timely manor. The upfront disclosure process is easy for the LO and Client, you are not waiting on another person in another department to complete them. The turn times are quick for both UW and CDs, I've been pacing same day/24 hours on everything. They have the least amount of overlays from any company I have worked for which helps speed up the overall process. My compensation is accurate so I'm not spending time with payroll on corrections. They offer support of producing managers who understand the industry, and also non producing managers who sole focus is making sure things are well for their employees. So we aren't competing with your manager for business compared to other firms. The health benefits are fantastic as well. Super happy I've made the move, wish I would have done so sooner.

Cons

There are a few nuances of the origination system that you learn as you go. Those that are tech savvy will pick things up more quickly. If you aren't tech savvy it would be ideal to have some face to face training. With that said, my on-boarding process was really good, and I felt up to speed after a week.

2. "Going downhill fast"

I worked at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time

Pros

Good underwriting times
    Decent benefits
    Some nice employees

Cons

Lack of direction
    Losing employees, loan officers and branches too fast
    Management doesn't seem to care about people after they have been hired
    Unequal treatment of branches and employees
    Poor rates

Advice to Management

Care about employees and customers as much as you seem to care about impressing your new investor. Stop the policy of giving top producers preference and treat all loan officers equally. Respect that employees have personal lives. Stop protecting poor managers just because they have money making branches. Remove managers and employees who lie or prevent company growth. Offer competitive pricing. Make sure the internal loan team does not refinance loans current loan officers initially did. It's not fair the internal loan team offers borrowers lower rates or fees than the original loan officer can. Loan officers shouldn't have to accept a lower comp if they want to offer the same rate the internal team offers if the internal team contacts the borrower first. Answer your phone when called or at least return phone calls.

3. "Overall great community"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - IT Service Desk in Draper, UT

I worked at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Coworkers were amazing

- Great on the job learning opportunities

- Great customer relations

- Weekly candy/toy cart

Cons

- Very high paced environment

"Decisions are all about the company with little regard for employees"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees. Can have fast turn times.

Cons

High rates. They are building a corporate team in direct competition with the field. Some of the field offices are struggling and they hire 10 new Loan Officers and none of them were for the field offices and all were for the corporate team. This is turning into a call center mortgage company.

Advice to Management

Start making decisions with regard to the field offices and not just corporate bottom lines.

5. "Loan Processor"

I worked at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time

Pros

Management was great and inventive

Cons

California branches needed more workload

"CCM"

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a company that wants to push forward and do whats best for the company but with the employees in mind. The culture is amazing, everyone comes in and does there part to execute a smooth plan.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping on, don't lose site of the happiness of your employees.

7. "Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Current Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours, can sometimes work from home

Cons

NO PTO, not even holiday pay

Advice to Management

Allow LOA's to receive PTO. This is not a sales position as the sales are up to my LO, not up to me- also since my hours are set, I should be allowed to receive PTO especially holiday pay.

Castle & Cooke Mortgage Response

Jan 11, 2018 – Talent Manager

Thank you for taking time to review your experiences with Castle & Cooke Mortgage. We appreciate the feedback. We’re happy to hear you enjoy the flexible hours and accommodations we make for our Loan... More

"Mortgage Loan Officer"

I worked at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time

Pros

Very good at Technology in client retention and marketing pieces.
    Willing to reimburse for approved third party marketing events to referral partners.
    Always trying to improve policies and procedures

Cons

Poor training on the hodge-podge mixture of software programs.
    A new loan officer can plan on spending most of their first week setting up their work computer.
    Rates are non-competitive and lock extension policies are onerous.

Advice to Management

Pre-load relevant programs to a new Loan Officers computer and spend a few days training them on software and systems.

Castle & Cooke Mortgage Response

Jan 5, 2018 – Talent Manager

Thank you for sharing your insights and experiences. We appreciate your comments and positive experiences. You're 100% correct, we are constantly working to improve our policies and procedures to... More

"The Culture you deserve!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We all deserve to work for a culture minded company. A company that drives through creating a positive culture and cares about their people. At Castle & Cooke in just a few short months I have found that they are who they say they are. Top tier in Operations and Sales support. The core is their ethics and how they approach the industry and the market. They believe in their employees and support them. Excellent benefits, as well as competitive compensation packages.
    Just a great company to be with, and it makes you want to be the best that you can be.

Cons

I truly have none or have seen any that has caused concerned. Anything that has been a challenge has been identified and we have worked through it with confidence.

Advice to Management

Onboard training need to be defined and programed. But I know this has been addressed and looking forward to new hires and seeing the improvements in that area.

"Compliance Manager"

Former Employee - Compliance Manager in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Compliance Manager in Draper, UT

I worked at Castle & Cooke Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management that takes care of its employees; creates a fun, yet challenging environment to work; invests in employee career potential ; focuses on important industry tasks; and shares a vision for the direction of the company. This company has done a great job of hiring talent to work at its corporate office. Despite having industry leaders, there isn't an air of arrogance and everyone is a pleasure to work with.

The pay at this company is competitive for the industry and positions. There appears to be a solid formula for success and great backing from the holding company Castle & Cooke, Inc., that also takes care of dozens of other companies, including Dole.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about my experience at Castle & Cooke Mortgage.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the vision for growth and success. Castle & Cooke Mortgage is a company that is meeting and exceeding its potential and an up and coming industry-force to be reckoned with. It's pretty amazing what is happening here.