CastleBranch Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brett Martin

Pros
  • Also, there's a game room with ping pong, skeeball, etc (in 17 reviews)

• Gym, break room, food truck are all beneficial (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They only hire you to slave you through peak season then let you go (in 6 reviews)

• As I read some of the other negative reviews on here I can totally understand the "high school" culture that is referenced (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Collaborative Work Space"

Pros

Great work culture- such a collaborative place. Gym, break room, food truck are all beneficial. CastleBranch has helped me build my career and have provided me with many opportunities to grow and learn.

Cons

Benefits are expensive for spouse and families. Communication is lacking but is getting better.

Advice to Management

Keep improving! CastleBranch has some great products coming together and I can't wait to be apart of it!

CastleBranch Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Director of HR

Thanks for your feedback. I agree we still have room for improvement with communication. We are working diligently daily to improve our communication to all staff members. Please share your career ... More

2. "Surprisingly nice"

Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC

Pros

Pay is pretty good for what you're doing
    Everyone seems to be in a good mood and greets you kindly
    Hours are very good, with easy to obtain overtime during peak season
    Very thorough training
    Easy to move from different positions as long as no degree or special knowledge is required.

Cons

Current shift, 11-8pm, doesn't allowed for any kind of a day life.
    Work week is Sunday through Thursday, not a problem for some, but I never enjoyed working on Sundays and if you go to church you will miss it.

Advice to Management

As it's my first week on the job, there really isn't a whole lot I can say about the management at Castle Branch. From how everyone acts, I can assume a tight ship is ran and everyone is pretty satisfied.

3. "Laid back, good people, great facility, buts its background screening(how fun can it be?)"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for the young professional, free fruit every morning, fruit plus bagels on Friday mornings, casual dress code, company gardens with fresh veggies for all employees, two company break rooms, ping pong tables, marketplace for purchase of food, gym/training facility with free personal trainers, 5 minutes from the beach, right across from the Mayfaire shopping center, discounts all around town for CastleBranch employees, Volunteer Hours, flexible schedules, etc. GET THE WORK DONE AND BE REWARDED! Try your best to take advantage of all the amentities. Overall great place to work if you don't mind talking about our system and background checks all day.

Cons

I think most people are bitter about CastleBranch because of the pay. I will not disagree that they pay is low for most starting employees. It is typically because CastleBranch gives the opportunity for people with no professional experience to come and work in a professional environment. Outside of sales, it is tough to increase your pay in a quick time frame unless given the opportunity to work overtime. Unattainable goals are often set for the worker bees while management sits in meetings and talks about God knows whats.

Advice to Management

Seriously, do you have to have 5-10, thirty minute long meetings per day? This leaves no time to deal with the individuals who actually need your help; the workers. I think the department heads and managers need to work together better. It takes days to get answers and by that time clients are very frustrated. Your job is important and your employees look to you for guidance! Do not be unapproachable. This is a terrible tactic to managing employees who already are stressed to meet these virtually unattainable goals!

5. "Castle Branch is a great place to start a career"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Castle Branch is a growing company with many career and growth opportunities. They train employees for their specific job and provide various coaching and mentoring opportunities for employees. The campus is really great (gym, free food, other good stuff) and the managers seem to care about their teams.

Cons

While I have heard some of my co-workers talk about pay not being great, my research of the Wilmington, NC market shows that Castle Branch provides average starting salaries. This combined with a growing company means opportunities for career growth. The company benefits are really good, too.

Advice to Management

I like what you are doing and how you are doing it. I have seen Castle Branch grow from a small background screening company to a very successful and large company. You respect your employees and take good care of them. You are involved in the Wilmington community and you give your employees a chance to be involved, too. I appreciate that, a lot.

6. "A great place to grow"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

Very casual dress code, free fruit provided daily, along with weekly bagels and muffins. There is also a gym with free classes for employees. A mentoring program was also started recently, which provides for help with career planning and development. Volunteering has also become a greater focus lately, allowing employees some paid time off to volunteer.

Cons

Starting salaries can tend to be a little lower, but that seems to be a reflection of the area the company is located. On the positive side, there does seem to be opportunities for continued growth.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards the path of providing opportunties for employees to develop their careers. There seems to be some good examples of that within the company, and it would be great to see more of that.

"Awesome place to start a career!"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CastleBranch is a great company to work for! As a recent college graduate, CastleBranch gave me a chance to get my foot in the door and use my degree without relate working experience. It is hard to start off as most jobs require a minimum amount of related experience. I really enjoy working with everyone at CastleBranch as well. The team is very supportive, upbeat and collaborative.

There are also many great employee benefits which make it a fun environment to work in. Fresh fruit daily, bagel/muffin Fridays, gym with free work out classes and great trainers by Forged, Vittles food truck on site for breakfast and lunch everyday, mentor program for growth opportunities and coaching, 8 hours of PTO/year for volunteering, fun monthly events including a birthday celebration with birthday cake and company wide meeting and great support of work-life balance. SurfSUP program with free paddleboard and surf board rental and lessons weekly.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as a lot of my friends who have jobs in the area but the culture, group and advancement opportunities make it well worth it. There are also annual performance reviews where pay can be negotiated. There is also great employee recognition and appreciation.

"My experience over the past 7+ years have been positive"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives so much: Good benefits, free fruit daily to promote healthier living, food truck, onsite gym with free classes with certified instructors. Ping Pong arena. Great atmosphere, No dress code. Employees can interact with others with like interests easily. Love the volunteer program and that we get paid to volunteer in the community. New garden where we can grow, pick and eat our own fruits, veggies and herbs. Host good family events

Cons

Rate of pay initially is a little low. As you prove yourself that does go up.

Advice to Management

Continue to vest in the training programs and the employee/family events also.

9. "Great work family"

Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CastleBrance embraces each new employee equally. There is endless room for growth and personal development and there is a great management team to assist.

Cons

Crazy busy times. The only thing to complain about is the hecticness that comes along with our peak season, BUT there is usually lots of overtime in the summer so that makes up for the craziness that we endure.

"Growth and Development Opportunities"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CastleBranch offers growth and development opportunities for professionals of various levels of experience and work history. The company culture embraces specific core values targeted at sustaining a satisfying work environment and client satisfaction. The leadership of every department is focused on each individual strengths and a proper job fit that allows for continuous improvement. I have experienced positive change that continues to reassure me of a long and prosperous career at CastleBranch.

Cons

There is only one morning a week dedicated to surfing & SUP.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in learning about your employees and how you can leverage their individual talents & coach for improvement to drive CastleBranch's success.

11. "If you can work fast paced, and are not easily distracted, this would be a great job."

Former Employee - Certified Record Reviewer in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Certified Record Reviewer in Wilmington, NC

I worked at CastleBranch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During peak you can work as much overtime as you want. Supervisors are very nice. You can take your breaks when you want. You can ask off whenever you want, as long as it's not a major day, such as August 1 or October 1. You can listen to your headphones all day or not. Your coworkers are happy to help you if you have any questions.

Cons

If you work in Certified Record Review, you have to maintain 98% accuracy and around 90-something records per hour. This can be hard to do, but if you get properly trained, it can help and you can get the RPH that they require.

CastleBranch Response

Nov 30, 2015 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.