CastleBranch Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.5
Brett Martin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also, there's a game room with ping pong, skeeball, etc (in 15 reviews)

• There is no dress code, so you can wear your hot sauce stained ripped sweatshirts should you desire (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • As I read some of the other negative reviews on here I can totally understand the "high school" culture that is referenced (in 7 reviews)

• They only hire you to slave you through peak season then let you go (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Honestly One of the Better Jobs I've Had"

Current Employee - Clinical Screening Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Screening Specialist in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The salary is decent for the work expected of you, it's higher than most entry level jobs and there's room for advancement.
    -management has been working on being more open and supervisors are getting on the same page.
    -Very understanding of personal and medical issues, and are willing to work with you about things. (I've personally been having medical problems and they've been wonderful accommodating them)
    - Food days, discounts at many gyms, stores, etc.
    -Executive staff are down to earth, and the HR team is absolutely wonderful.
    -Very casual environment, low-stress and OPS is great for people like me that have anxiety about talking to other people all day.

Cons

-The pay might be a little low if you are the only person in the home getting paid, but I understand that is changing soon.
    -For some people, they don't make enough to afford lunch to bring, which is a negative, but people are very generous and bring extra food in case people can't do that, which is very kind and definitely a positive aspect.
    -People don't put their cigarettes out completely sometimes, and the burning disposal is pretty nasty to people walking by or people that use e-cigs that are confined to the gazebo area.
    -It can get really monotonous but it's a solid job so not really a con just a statement.

Advice to Management

Maybe ask people that smoke cigarettes to make sure they're put out all the way so that people outside (e-cig users and people passing by) don't have to smell the burning smoke. The supervisors have been way better since the training ended, no advice there. Maybe shake up the menu for Ted Talks because the same thing is getting old to some people.

CastleBranch Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for posting and for the positive and growth areas you have mentioned. We will pass the comment about Tuesday Talks at TekMountain along to the TM team. If you have suggestions for changing... More

2. "Surprisingly nice"

Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC

Pros

Pay is pretty good for what you're doing
    Everyone seems to be in a good mood and greets you kindly
    Hours are very good, with easy to obtain overtime during peak season
    Very thorough training
    Easy to move from different positions as long as no degree or special knowledge is required.

Cons

Current shift, 11-8pm, doesn't allowed for any kind of a day life.
    Work week is Sunday through Thursday, not a problem for some, but I never enjoyed working on Sundays and if you go to church you will miss it.

Advice to Management

As it's my first week on the job, there really isn't a whole lot I can say about the management at Castle Branch. From how everyone acts, I can assume a tight ship is ran and everyone is pretty satisfied.

3. "Laid back, good people, great facility, buts its background screening(how fun can it be?)"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for the young professional, free fruit every morning, fruit plus bagels on Friday mornings, casual dress code, company gardens with fresh veggies for all employees, two company break rooms, ping pong tables, marketplace for purchase of food, gym/training facility with free personal trainers, 5 minutes from the beach, right across from the Mayfaire shopping center, discounts all around town for CastleBranch employees, Volunteer Hours, flexible schedules, etc. GET THE WORK DONE AND BE REWARDED! Try your best to take advantage of all the amentities. Overall great place to work if you don't mind talking about our system and background checks all day.

Cons

I think most people are bitter about CastleBranch because of the pay. I will not disagree that they pay is low for most starting employees. It is typically because CastleBranch gives the opportunity for people with no professional experience to come and work in a professional environment. Outside of sales, it is tough to increase your pay in a quick time frame unless given the opportunity to work overtime. Unattainable goals are often set for the worker bees while management sits in meetings and talks about God knows whats.

Advice to Management

Seriously, do you have to have 5-10, thirty minute long meetings per day? This leaves no time to deal with the individuals who actually need your help; the workers. I think the department heads and managers need to work together better. It takes days to get answers and by that time clients are very frustrated. Your job is important and your employees look to you for guidance! Do not be unapproachable. This is a terrible tactic to managing employees who already are stressed to meet these virtually unattainable goals!

4. "Castle Branch is a great place to start a career"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Castle Branch is a growing company with many career and growth opportunities. They train employees for their specific job and provide various coaching and mentoring opportunities for employees. The campus is really great (gym, free food, other good stuff) and the managers seem to care about their teams.

Cons

While I have heard some of my co-workers talk about pay not being great, my research of the Wilmington, NC market shows that Castle Branch provides average starting salaries. This combined with a growing company means opportunities for career growth. The company benefits are really good, too.

Advice to Management

I like what you are doing and how you are doing it. I have seen Castle Branch grow from a small background screening company to a very successful and large company. You respect your employees and take good care of them. You are involved in the Wilmington community and you give your employees a chance to be involved, too. I appreciate that, a lot.

5. "A great place to grow"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time

Pros

Very casual dress code, free fruit provided daily, along with weekly bagels and muffins. There is also a gym with free classes for employees. A mentoring program was also started recently, which provides for help with career planning and development. Volunteering has also become a greater focus lately, allowing employees some paid time off to volunteer.

Cons

Starting salaries can tend to be a little lower, but that seems to be a reflection of the area the company is located. On the positive side, there does seem to be opportunities for continued growth.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards the path of providing opportunties for employees to develop their careers. There seems to be some good examples of that within the company, and it would be great to see more of that.

"Awesome place to start a career!"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CastleBranch is a great company to work for! As a recent college graduate, CastleBranch gave me a chance to get my foot in the door and use my degree without relate working experience. It is hard to start off as most jobs require a minimum amount of related experience. I really enjoy working with everyone at CastleBranch as well. The team is very supportive, upbeat and collaborative.

There are also many great employee benefits which make it a fun environment to work in. Fresh fruit daily, bagel/muffin Fridays, gym with free work out classes and great trainers by Forged, Vittles food truck on site for breakfast and lunch everyday, mentor program for growth opportunities and coaching, 8 hours of PTO/year for volunteering, fun monthly events including a birthday celebration with birthday cake and company wide meeting and great support of work-life balance. SurfSUP program with free paddleboard and surf board rental and lessons weekly.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as a lot of my friends who have jobs in the area but the culture, group and advancement opportunities make it well worth it. There are also annual performance reviews where pay can be negotiated. There is also great employee recognition and appreciation.

7. "Great work family"

Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Custom Implementation Specialist in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CastleBrance embraces each new employee equally. There is endless room for growth and personal development and there is a great management team to assist.

Cons

Crazy busy times. The only thing to complain about is the hecticness that comes along with our peak season, BUT there is usually lots of overtime in the summer so that makes up for the craziness that we endure.

"Growth and Development Opportunities"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CastleBranch offers growth and development opportunities for professionals of various levels of experience and work history. The company culture embraces specific core values targeted at sustaining a satisfying work environment and client satisfaction. The leadership of every department is focused on each individual strengths and a proper job fit that allows for continuous improvement. I have experienced positive change that continues to reassure me of a long and prosperous career at CastleBranch.

Cons

There is only one morning a week dedicated to surfing & SUP.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in learning about your employees and how you can leverage their individual talents & coach for improvement to drive CastleBranch's success.

"Outstanding Company"

Pros

CastleBranch is an outstanding company. I've been working at CastleBranch for 3 months and I've had an amazing experience. My team is very hard working and driven and we constantly push each other to do better. I look forward to coming in to work every morning and I am proud for what this company has done for the community. Not only has CastleBranch created jobs for our community but they have taken a stand on issues affecting businesses in North Carolina.

Cons

No company is perfect but CastleBranch is defiently working towards perfecting the service they provide.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, your efforts don't go unnoticed. This company has grown so much in the last few years and the management teams definetly deserve credit for all that they do.

CastleBranch Response

Jul 10, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Too often we tend to only give feedback if it is negative. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

10. "Loving life at CastleBranch"

Pros

I have been employed for a little over a year. During this time frame I have had the chance to meet many great people. HR identified that I was not in the right role and helped to realign me to a position that I was better qualified for. I love what I am doing today. HR really knows their staff. They take a significant amount of time to meet every employee, to make them feel welcome and help them not only at work but after hours also. Knowing that they care has meant a great deal to me. I have never experienced this level of care and concern in any other company.

Cons

During peak the hours can be long.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job. Really like the new employee engagement programs HR recently rolled out.