Castleton Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ian Smith

"Broken dreams"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Castleton Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Xmas drinks. But you have to pay from your own pocket

Cons

Bullying, lies, hr not replying to emails, minimum overtime and it pays at ×1.25 , no bonus or any other incentives , no training

Advice to Management

...

2. "Data Centre Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Data Centre Support Engineer in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Data Centre Support Engineer in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at Castleton Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is only a few pros for working for Redstone one of them is if your new to the IT world they will hire you they take on anyone and everyone because they need they staff as there is high turn over. The other one is that the people you work with are great friendly and helpful.

Cons

well where do we start:
    the Pay is not good I got paid £27,500 a year and people and even my self let for the same job but paying way more my new job I get paid £38,000 so they pay well under the going rate.

HR are a joke they never get your pay right for the first 6 months then you still have to fight that your right and they are wrong.

Training there isn't you learn on the job then they have a go at you for not knowing everything with in 8 weeks.

Because they hire anyone from any back ground you can tell some of them its not the job for them or you spend all your shift redoing there work as its wrong. But they wont fire them as they need the staff like I said before there is a high turn over in staff as they just don't pay good money or look after there staff.

Advice to Management

You really should go on undercover boss and see this for your self if you really care

3. "Like working to tight deadlines with no leadership !!"

Pros

I suppose Sutton Coldfield is a nice place to work, and compared to this company its about the only benefit i can think of, Unless you like working in the dark, with no leadership and no actual planning of work

Cons

No one is in charge
    People who think they are in charge dont know what they are doing,
    Product Managers constantly under planning work.
    Only way to get promoted is to get drunk with the boss

Advice to Management

Please value your employees, Developers are not some minimum wage job, this is our career and livelihood. By ignoring are opinions on everything from office layout to how we want to work, we have more collective experience than you do, we know what we are doing and we know what works.

"An absolute joke"

I worked at Castleton Technology full-time

Pros

I can not think of a single positive thing to say about the company. The wider group is alright and Ian Smith is a nice guy,

Cons

The Documotive arm is awful. They treat the staff as commodities and make sure they know it. They say they want a dev process and don't stick to it. They don't understand software development and they don't strive to improve anything.

You're lucky to get a spec. You're lucky to get a straight answer.

The entire place is a sham that only cares about balance sheets rather than the well-being of their staff.

Advice to Management

Get your story straight. Work out what you actually want. Don't treat your staff with utter contempt. Make sure that when you ask your developers to do something you don't change it later.

Don't treat it as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" because it is broken regardless of having paying customers, your management team treat your staff awfully and don't value anybody but themselves.

Replace your CTO and COO immediately.

6. "Possibilities for an exceptional company"

Current Employee - Sales Exec in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Exec in London, England (UK)

Pros

There are some very good people in the business. there is a lot of peer loyalty and good will in the business with colleagues looking out for each other. There is also a huge amount of industry knowledge within the business and technically we are as good as anyone else out there. The company is getting a good brand name in the market but is not yet getting enough business come through the door due to that brand name. There are efforts afoot to better integrate the various divisions of the business which is aiding in organic rather than acquisition growth.

Cons

Those good people are not allowed to grow and properly contribute to what could be an exceptional business. Their is too much middle management who are neither capable as sales people or managers. This should be stripped back to make us a leaner more focussed organisation. The pay and compensation is not industry leading by any means and the hours can be long and stressful. There is very little room for promotion within the business and there is far too much politics at play. This is not helped by the lack of communication from the management team down to the rest of the staff.

Advice to Management

I would be looking to communicate much better and to better inform the staff of their roles within the organisation. I would also be looking to better inform the employees on the companies go to market strategies and plans for the future.

7. "X X X X X"

Former Employee - Assistant in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Assistant in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

I worked at Castleton Technology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are free to do the stuff they like.

Cons

The working hours is too long.

8. "Redstone review"

Pros

Good team environment and approachable management

Cons

Training is on the job, pays less than other companies

Advice to Management

More pay and benefits it reduce high turnover

9. "Redstone"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Castleton Technology (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company, friendly atmosphere. Would recommend ...

Cons

Sales could do a better job, and be more involved with existing clients