Cover image for Castlight

70 Comments

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Castlight~339490
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great(in 69 reviews)
  • "The culture is great and we are really doing something special.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good.(in 36 reviews)
  • "matters' culture driven from senior leadership on down; fuels the flame of personal mission(in 28 reviews)
  • "very smart team in HQ(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Castlight and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wish I could stay

Aug 15, 2022 - Customer Support Specialist in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and amazing benefits.

Cons

Still thinking. This was an amazing job.

2. 3.0

Somewhat top heavy

Dec 3, 2022 - Care Guide in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours, benefits, and pay

Cons

Team dynamics are not great, management is a club you either are invited to join or are restricted from. Promote quickly if you play along. Mostly concerned with selling the product and meeting the demands of the account holders and do not truly try to improve the end user experience, meaning the support staff

3. Join the Castlight team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great idea, terrible execution

Dec 6, 2022 - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Nice culture Nice people, free snacks, attainable targets

Cons

Awful execution, lousy leadership, lots of empty suits in the executive offices

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Software Engineer

Dec 5, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and work-life balance

Cons

In complex health care domain.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work most of the time

Sep 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule for exempt/non-hourly employees Friendly staff Company culture promotes compassion and empathy Offices are vibrant, spacious, and inviting with top-shelf refreshments and snacks to keep employees healthy

Cons

Poor work/life balance Disconnected leadership prone to mismanaging growth and overpromising commitments Apparent absence of roadmap for handling staffing deficiencies Company provides free food and drink for when employees don't have time to take regular breaks in their day

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Marketing

Nov 9, 2022 - Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice, helpful, kind, collaborative, fast

Cons

Hard place to have upward growth

8. 4.0

Great place to be

Oct 12, 2022 - Content Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture - everyone is kind, friendly, and respectful. Awesome work-life balance and time off encouraged.

Cons

Lots and lots of changes at the company right now. A bit confusing and seeing some growing pains

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent culture and people with an opportunity to drive innovation in healthcare and wellbeing

Jan 19, 2022 - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• The corporate culture and focus on employee wellbeing is one of the best I've experienced • Recently announced merger with Vera Whole Health and new private equity investment which should provide more of an opportunity to drive additional innovation in healthcare and wellbeing • Excellent company paid benefits for employees, and good compensation for the industry

Cons

• Employee Turnover: There's been a lot of employee attrition recently, and it appears to be due to the organization's need to innovate its product offering, strategy, and skillsets • Structure: Because of legacy acquisitions and employee turnover, there's somewhat of a siloed environment with a lot of inefficiencies that could use more structure and increased collaboration between teams • Culture: While it's my favorite part of my experience so far, it's not for everyone. Colleagues are nice and respectful, but expectations are high and the organization is demanding more accountability, measurement, innovation, and prioritization. I enjoy this, but it is not for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked. Truly.

Dec 8, 2021 - Quality Coach in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been at other companies that talk a lot about growth within the company and culture and this is actually the first place I've truly experienced that. It is so genuine here. The leadership just wants you to succeed professionally and personally and gives you so many tools and resources to be able to do so. They have a lot of faith in their employees that has really stood out to me. Stock, competitive pay, tools and resources, lots of perks, and fantastic benefits

Cons

Honestly, they've been too lenient on employees that aren't pulling their weight and it's really hard to get fired (some think that's a good thing but there needs to be a better balance). This has started to negatively affect those that do show up but I feel they've taken this feedback seriously and have already started taking corrective actions. (but are still empathetic to giving people a chance and actually care if the reason they aren't performing well is because of personal hardships)

Castlight Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to fostering an environment where we listen to our employees, reflect on our operations, and continue to work on ways to improve. We are happy to hear about your positive experience and look forward to partnering with employees to make Castlight a great place to work!

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

working is great

Sep 23, 2022 - QE Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

very knowledgeable people and friendly environment

Cons

working here for too long

Viewing 1 - 10 of 450 Reviews
</>Embed

Castlight Reviews FAQs

Castlight has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 491 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Castlight to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Castlight employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Castlight. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

75% of Castlight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Castlight 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Castlight to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Castlight Job Seekers