Catalent Pharma Reviews
50% would recommend to a friend
(1849 total reviews)
44% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They suffer from extremely poor management who direct science with poor understanding of principles or logistics." (in 150 reviews)
- "QC micro is mismanaged and there is no work life balance." (in 85 reviews)
- "rapidly changing priorities and senior leadership does a poor job of being able to engage or inspire despite this being a core value at Catalent" (in 43 reviews)
- "Poor upper management Wiring people at wrong places Company lacks focus" (in 38 reviews)
- "leadership puts up with toxic work environment and bad managers who talk down to employees just to have a warm body to do the work." (in 37 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Catalent Pharma and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,849 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 15, 2023Procurement ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
Great company, salary and benefits. Large spend and a nice way to be exposed to strategic and transformational projects. Procurement has a real seat at the table and asked to deliver significant level of savings. It is not an afterthought like it can be the case in other pharma companies
the pace is fast and there is a real need to deliver savings and value for the business which is rewarding. The management and leadership is great and supportive
- 2.0Oct 18, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSaint Petersburg, FL
Some wonderful and very dedicated colleagues Opportunity to work from home Meaningful work mission So much potential
It is a sweatshop. Staff and processes are routinely scheduled beyond capacity. There is no prioritization, just management by nagging. People are put into competition for an insufficient amount of resources and then held accountable if they don't win what they need. This leads to some bad behaviors. There can be a lack of cooperation among departments. Information hoarding and territorialism are real problems. Long hours are expected, forfeited PTO is common, and there is constant intense pressure to do more work, faster. If something goes wrong, the usual leadership reaction is to find someone to blame instead of fixing the business problem. Several of the leaders can be really disrespectful or aggressive when interacting with staff. More than one person has told me war stories about having survived managers who frequently drove them to tears. Needless to say, turnover is very high.6
- 2.0Nov 20, 2023Associate IIICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMadison, WI
Good way to get GMP experience out of college and learn more about the biotech industry.
Not a good work culture, management only cares about meeting deadlines for clients. In the past 2 years I've been here the company has gone through multiple lay offs and job restructures that have not benefited the workers. Little to no opportunity for job growth. Would not apply here if you wanted to stay at a company for longer than 1 year.
- 4.0Dec 3, 2023Packaging TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
Straight forward Ease of Growth in Company 2 Shifts w/ Night shift differential
Tedious at times Boring Very Strict Forced to be with the Union
- 3.0Aug 31, 2023Process EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBloomington, IN
-Competitive pay for a LCOL area. -Valuable experience for manufacturing that can be transferred to other pharma manufacturers and industries. -Opportunity to make good connections internally and with clients that can get your foot into the door of other pharma companies.
-Professional development is never a priority. -Management and above is very poor, with no transparency whatsoever above direct level, it seems. Orders often emerge from up on high and render my direct management, i.e., the people who will advocate for me, powerless. -There is a very high voluntary turnover rate, in two years, my management has changed around 8-10 times. High performers often seek opportunities elsewhere. -Pay scales are hidden under lock and key - my managers had no access to this information; whatever department does have this information does not disclose it. -Everything feels urgent and priorities shift constantly, creating a very unstable workload.8
Catalent Pharma Reviews FAQs
Catalent Pharma has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,208 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Catalent Pharma to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
50% of Catalent Pharma employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Catalent Pharma 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.