Catalent Pharma Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

3.5
Catalent Pharma Chairman and CEO John R. Chiminski
John R. Chiminski
Pros
  • "A fast-paced environment that proves to be very challenging(in 33 reviews)

• "In this company: you can develop a career, you can learn with great people , get challenged, develop new skills(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes struggle with work life balance(in 63 reviews)

• "Sometimes working long hours is not good(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Patients first

May 10, 2021 - Equipment Lead in Bloomington, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inside, air conditioned, very sterile enviroment, good pay and benefits but the best reason is the prople, from the manager all the way down. They make it a friendly place to work.

Cons

Having to park off site and mandatory overtime sometimes.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Catalent Never Learns

Apr 14, 2021 - QC Analyst II in Harmans, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I enjoyed working with 80% of the coworkers in my department. -You will learn a good deal of information fast which helps further your career. A great place to get your foot into GMP. -Overtime available (though they are now cracking down on it). -Competent people will move up quickly.

Cons

-Terrible communication between departments. -Understaffed. -Lack of accountability and organization. Most of my time at Catalent we lacked a staffing calendar so if multiple people took off it would put a lot of strain on the department. -Growing at a rate that hiring/training cannot keep up. -Offer less than my minimum salary range, told overtime would cover the difference. Now the company is cracking down on overtime. -Have to wait a year before moving departments. Six month is more than adequate in my opinion.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am sorry to hear about your experience. At Catalent we pride ourselves in continuous improvement for all areas of our business. Your feedback is what will help us to improve our employee experience at all levels.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

A career home that helped me raise 2 families

Apr 7, 2021 - Quite A Few in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catalent is a place that will give back what you put into it. It is not 4 walls of perfection but has always had a great team "Family" at every level which is what made the St. Pete. site a place that I stayed for nearly 27 years. When I started I was expecting my 1st born. By the time I left my 2 oldest had worked at the plant. There are plenty of long term employees like myself which you generally do not see in this day and age.

Cons

The same things that can be seen as cons with any company; constant change, but if you do not change in business you die; healthcare/retirement benefits that have declined over the years, but lets face it, if you do not work for the government, this is corporate America, not Catalent; the occasional hire that was not the right fit for the position, but as any good company does, they remedy that over time.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent! I am glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. At Catalent we are continually seeking to improve our employee experience and your feedback will make a difference as we continue on this journey.

4. 3.0

Grade B-

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is large, well known, and has in-demand technology. A lot of career development opportunities are available within company. Company serious about safety and has good health plan. Company makes real effort to be diverse.

Cons

Company has scheduled overtime (so salaried employees lose vacation days they were granted). Culture is overly cautious, and behind the times in terms of management of people / processes. Leaders not creating a culture of teamwork.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to start but please look elsewhere if career growth is slow

Mar 26, 2021 - Assistant Scientist in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great colleagues - Opportunities to learn new things

Cons

- Poor work/ life balance - Slow career growth/ development - Growth pains - Turnover/ instability (although normal for a growing company like this) - Communication with management and also managers between departments - Disorganized. Lack of structure and planning, accountability, and expertise in some groups If you have been performing beyond your duties outlined in your job description since the beginning, aren't compensated/ placed fairly compared to newer hires, have little work/ life balance, are a great resource to existing employees within and outside your group and for new hires, are super approachable, and have been here for several years, I strongly recommend looking elsewhere to grow in your career. You may not get far unless you are a favorite in the eyes of management. You can do A LOT during your time here and you can also get by doing very little. That is up to you. I am only speaking from my own experience and others may be vastly different.

2 people found this review helpful

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place if you NEED a job.

Apr 25, 2021 - QA Technician in Bloomington, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hiring Process was quick and easy. Pay is good for what you do. I think... A growing company so there is potential for advancement.

Cons

Forced extreme growth outpaces their ability to keep up. Hard to get properly trained for your role especially accesses. Too much to do and not nearly enough people to combat the workloads. Hard to get trained by a trainer let alone a good one. Especially on off-shifts...which is mostly where people need the most training. It's tough but you're not the only one in it I guess.

1 person found this review helpful

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not quite as advertised, and a disappointment

Mar 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Good at ensuring that employees understand our mission -- we know we are saving lives Financial stability and profitability

Cons

Very poor benefits, especially for a pharma. They offer only two medical plans, neither of which is competitive, and the company pays about 50% of the premiums. The 401(k) plan is very cheap -- only 50% of the first 6% employees contribute, WITH a vesting period. Other pharmas offer much better medical benefits and retirement savings plans. Very high turnover Very poor onboarding -- spend your three days in a room with other newbies with no conversation, just taking training on the SOPs online. Very unwelcoming. The onboarding "training" is done by Compliance staff, not HR or other group, so it is singularly focused on compliance rather than welcoming people to the organization. Leadership that doesn't hold lower level leaders accountable to performance Unrealistic expectations with little support Marginally competitive compensation for professionals and lousy pay for front line workers, who could make more at Costco or Target while not having to learn profoundly complex (and yes, necessary) SOPs and other FDA work regulations.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company

May 6, 2021 - Quality Assurance Representative in Bloomington, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and great benefits

Cons

A lot of work and overtime

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. At Catalent we are continually seeking to improve our employee experience and your feedback will make a difference as we continue on this journey.

9. 2.0

Wow

Mar 3, 2021 - Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Overtime (although it is forced), Coworkers

Cons

So many things wrong with this place, literally starting from the top down. No real training, no true onboarding process, so much disorganization. This company relies too heavily on an online training service rather than actual hands on training. No one accounts for anyone or thing. If you ask a question, the majority of the time you hear "I don't know". No one has been here that long and since the turn over is ridiculously high, it just continues the cycle of lack of training and responsibly. Furthermore, zero discussion about the work/life balance. This company expects you to be available all the time. I never feel like I can take off. I'm so disappointed in this place. It was certainly a bait a switch between the interview and the actual job.

1 person found this review helpful

10. 4.0

Great Company

May 5, 2021 - Engineering in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Work Life Balance, Co-Workers are all nice

Cons

Lower Pay Compared to other Companies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 886 Reviews