KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.5
Catalent Pharma Executive Chairman of the Catalent Board  John R. Chiminski
John R. Chiminski

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and atmosphere.(in 113 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and a good amount of vacation time/paid holidays.(in 89 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and tons of overtime.(in 82 reviews)
  • "Some great coworkers who selflessly give their time and energy to this company(in 37 reviews)
  • "Employees are great and support help each when burning out.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "They suffer from extremely poor management who direct science with poor understanding of principles or logistics.(in 119 reviews)
  • "QC micro is mismanaged and there is no work life balance.(in 66 reviews)
  • "leadership puts up with toxic work environment and bad managers who talk down to employees just to have a warm body to do the work.(in 33 reviews)
  • "No training leading to GMP issues and sink or swim situations for new people entering the company(in 31 reviews)
  • "rapidly changing priorities and senior leadership does a poor job of being able to engage or inspire despite this being a core value at Catalent(in 31 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Catalent Pharma and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work!

Sep 20, 2022 - Quality Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible -Great Communication -Good management -Enjoyable job

Cons

Can't really think of many

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

N/A

Sep 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent community of hard workers striving for one goal. Satisfaction for The Customer and You.

Cons

If Your not ready to contribute to bettering life. Don’t come

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work

Sep 17, 2022 - Senior Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance at Catalent.

Cons

things move slow in this company.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Sep 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a patient first attitude.

Cons

I can't think of anything bad to say

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good Benefits and Good People

Sep 13, 2022 - Scientist in Bloomington, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on your "status" as salary or hourly you kind of get more flexibility as a salaried employee, but they also expect you to be rather flexible. Coming in off shift hours for trainings, staying late to get the job done, etc. I appreciate the understanding between management that flexibility is important, not only to accomplish company goals, but to allow employees some flexibility in their own schedules when needed. Hourly employees will not have that kind of freedom. They are on a very strict attendance policy, which I can understand from an operational standpoint. Those positions require someone there to perform at a certain time. Just know that there is a big difference between those two types of positions at this company. I love the schedule. My work/life balance is a lot better only working 3 days a week. I feel we need to get away from the 5 day work weeks in general. They are just terrible for everything. It helps alleviate stress when you know you have a free day every week to see your doctor/go to the dentist/have the cable guy come over/etc. I love the people I work with. Most people are very proactive, and positive. We all have the same goals, getting the product out the door to our patients. We want to help each other out.

Cons

The company tries to grow too fast. And the seasoned employees are overworked, not only are they expected to perform their duties at a high level, but train a large number of incoming employees to also perform at a high level. The employees can't get the individual attention they may need because the trainers are overworked by this expansion. They are more focused on metrics and numbers than they are on people. It's great when you can measure your successes, when you can point to a number and say "look at how well we did this month, we got X number of batches shipped" but how can you measure the success of the people you helped developed or the opportunities you helped give them to grow? It's almost impossible to get a promotion here without some kind of nepotism involved. Especially when they can hardly hold a supervisor in the role. You can't be properly evaluated on your work or your contribution when you keep getting a new supervisor every 10 months or just don't have one at all for months. There's no one that's going to fight for you when promotions come up. That's how people get resentful in their jobs and leave for new positions or new companies.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Commercial operations

Sep 10, 2022 - Manager in Bloomington, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Great opportunities * Friendly and diverse environment

Cons

Some areas still developing and can be time consuming

Continue reading

Catalent Pharma Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. At Catalent we are continually seeking to improve our employee experience and your feedback will make a difference as we continue on this journey.

7. 5.0