KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Catalent Pharma

Engaged Employer

Catalent Pharma

Add a Review

Catalent Pharma Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 29, 2021

3.5
Catalent Pharma Executive Chairman of the Catalent Board  John R. Chiminski
John R. Chiminski

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and atmosphere.(in 108 reviews)
  • "Solid pay flex benefits good(in 75 reviews)
  • "The pay is good and tons of overtime.(in 72 reviews)
  • "Some great coworkers who selflessly give their time and energy to this company(in 36 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and time off(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "They suffer from extremely poor management who direct science with poor understanding of principles or logistics.(in 111 reviews)
  • "QC micro is mismanaged and there is no work life balance.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Bad managers(in 31 reviews)
  • "Some leadership has no interest in leading and others lead with a microscope.(in 28 reviews)
  • "They are not succeeding, Aging technology, poor training and expectations which do not meet capability.(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Catalent Pharma and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place To Work

Nov 29, 2021 - Procurement Administrative Researcher in Bwi Airport, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

From orientation I could tell that Catalent was a great place to work. The culture of the company is welcoming and caring towards employees. I have a work-life balance and I just love working at Catalent. Everything about the company is good!!!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Catalent Pharma Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am glad to hear your experience has been a positive one. At Catalent we are continually seeking to improve our employee experience and your feedback will make a difference as we continue on this journey.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh.. it's a job

Nov 7, 2021 - Maintenance in Woodstock, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall pay is good and some decent PTO right off the bat. Room to grow is decent as well

Cons

Company is a bunch of right wing supporters.. very ignorant and racist. Also doesn't help that it is Woodstock, IL.. soooo there is alot of them out here. They don't care about time with your family and expect you to work the holidays if it lands on a typical normal work day.. but they all get to enjoy THEIR time off with THEIR families. 0 work/life balance here

Catalent Pharma Response

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Catalent does not tolerate illegal discrimination and takes allegations of such very seriously. If you believe you were discriminated against, we urge you to contact Catalent’s Business Conduct Helpline ((800) 461-9330 (U.S.), +1 (720) 514-4400 (outside U.S.), or CatalentMSW.com) so that we may investigate and take appropriate remedial action.

3. 4.0

Good Company

Oct 20, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Highly professional, dynamic, competitive, allows work life balance

Cons

Could have paid competitive compensation.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Opportunity to Make an Impact

Oct 18, 2021 - Human Resources Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company growth and opportunity to make an impact across all functions to support the growth of the business.

Cons

Work Life Balance can be an issue at times.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Oct 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, Good introduction to the pharmaceutical industry.

Cons

Work load can be heavy at times

6. 5.0

Prove yourself

Aug 28, 2021 - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career growth Peer interaction Work life balance

Cons

None that I can think of

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Quality of Environment depends on your goals

Sep 8, 2021 - Analyst in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, development opportunities, expanding programs

Cons

Work Life Balance, Insurance, Organization

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Recommended company

Aug 20, 2021 - Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture & growth opportunities

Cons

poor benefit & work life balance

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity, Poor TEam

Sep 1, 2021 - Former Value Stream Supervisor in Bloomington, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Pays very well (though among supervisors, discrepancies were found where some external-hire management were getting paid 20% more than internal promotions). - A job to be proud of

Cons

- Very poor management. Constantly saw and heard other supervisor's direct reports complain of their conditions and lack of professionalism all around only to find out those supervisors then are promoted to manager. - Borderline toxic work environment in some buildings for employees. - Hostile managers towards some supervisors threatening to fire them for not supporting them in meetings, not supporting supervisors when hostile employees file unwarranted complaints, and some taking credit where credit was not due to them. Supervisors with less than 6 months in position and less than 2 years of leadership experience promoted to managers above far more experienced supervisors. - HR is easily the worst I have ever seen. Management is trained to protect the company (anti-union mindset) by HR and often times snake their questions and inquiries with entry level management in hopes of catching them doing something they are not allowed to be doing. - HR (and upper management) influences annual evaluations to ensure their "statistics" do not favor too positive or negative trends. Personally see evaluations are downgraded to ensure no legal backlash from prior hostile employee who may have complained. - No work-life balance for management. If you work a 8 hour shift, expect to work 10 hours if not more. If you work a 10 hour shift, expect to work 12 if not more. Overtime and holidays do not tend to be optional for management (as they shouldn't be if direct reports are working) but this tends to burn out those supervisors that are the only one on shift. - Employee/supervisor complaints do not tend to go as expected as complaints towards managers see them moved to other teams (to become sr. managers) and complaints towards other employees not only require paper trails to remove them but a list of dates and times of every incident, otherwise, HR will not act in fear of lawsuits (verbally admitted by HR managers). - Bloomington site is too small and Catalent is constantly hiring into new contracts requiring more and more employees to be hired. Most employees have to park offsite now and shuttle to work (no excuses allowed if late). Not enough bathrooms, lockers, etc. to house these employees and Catalent Bloomington has admitted they cannot keep up with the demand, despite the taking on of new contracts.

2 people found this review helpful

Catalent Pharma Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience with Catalent. I am sorry to hear about your experience. At Catalent we pride ourselves in continuous improvement for all areas of our business. Your feedback is what will help us to improve our employee experience at all levels.

10. 1.0

Expansion-focused, quantity over quality

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers are hard-working, open to diversity, and a true joy to be around.

Cons

This place used to be a great combination of challenge and work-life balance. Covid-19 understandably changed the way we worked. The push to expand has become steadily overtaken other concerns. Employees feel replaceable instead of valued. They are pressed to deliver quantity over quality. "Patient first" feels less like a philosophy and more like an empty sentiment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Reviews