Catalyst Paper Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Catalyst Paper President and CEO Joe Nemeth
Joe Nemeth

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to work and explore technology with Pefect worklife balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time

Pros

Catalyst paper has been providing great opportunities to explore in different areas of technology,numerous learning opportunities, one on one interaction with senior management, great teams, very good work environment which always keeps motivated to come up with the innovative ideas, Perfect work life balance. Definitely privileged to be part of the Catalyst family.

Cons

None as of now from the time I joined.

Advice to Management

Keep Continuing all the good work and target to become the No. 1 paper company in US and Canada

2. "Operations Management"

Current Employee - Operations Management in Biron, WI
    Current Employee - Operations Management in Biron, WI

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catalyst is a progressive company that strikes a solid balance between managing the daily operations and exploring new opportunities to ensure the success of our business over the long-term.

Cons

The markets Catalyst currently serves are very challenging due to the declining demand for our products. Change is necessary for the business to survive. This has created an environment that is very dynamic. For folks seeking stability in their day-to-day activities, find another option.

Advice to Management

You have the opportunity to be part of building a future for your community, spread the word!

Apr 7, 2016 – Director, Talent

Thanks for the positive feedback!

3. "Catalyst Opportunities"

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time

Pros

Catalyst fully supports employee development and career growth and provides many methods and opportunities to challenge us in our future.

Cons

There are many changes and initiates before us which are all very positive steps in the right direction. With this comes very dedicated focus and time to ensure successful implementations.

Advice to Management

If you are a strong leader who is open to growth and challenges, you would be a great member for our team.

Apr 7, 2016 – Director, Talent

Grateful for the feedback - thank you!

5. "My first 90 days"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Pros

The people at Catalyst are the best all the way from the CEO to the receptionist they have made my on-boarding experience a great one!

Cons

The only con is that there are not many amenities in the area of office for lunch, etc.

6. "Exceed your expectations"

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, innovative, great people without big egos who care about improving, sustainability leader, flat hierarchy, lots of learning opportunities at a growing company.

Cons

Recent doubling in size means some growth pains (but also some opportunities). Challenging sector and market turbulence.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to experienced employees, including the ones with the "soft" skills.

7. "Exceed your expectations"

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, innovative, good people who care about making the company better, flat hierarchy, a sustainability leader, great leadership. North American presence (Can & US operations) with interesting internal and external organizational relationships.

Cons

Some growth pains (and also opportunities) from recent doubling in size. Bit of a hike to coffee/food, and traffic can be challenging. Challenging sector.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to employees with experience, especially those with "soft" skills.

8. "Innovation, environmental sustainability, customer service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Pros

Excellent customer service and order management teams, dedicated to long term customer partnerships. Very strong leadership team, driving operational excellence and increased productivity with a focus on safety and the environment. Lots of opportunity to be innovative - and in fact rewarded for innovation and creativity. Not afraid to evolve - change is a positive experience, always opportunities to get involved in making improvements.

Cons

Nothing major that I can think of, other than lack of cafes, restaurants in the Richmond HQ area

Mar 29, 2016 – Director, Talent

Thanks for the great feedback!

9. "It's been a great career"

Current Employee - Senior V/P Sales & Marketing in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior V/P Sales & Marketing in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Catalyst and its predecessor companies always gave me a chance to prove myself, excel and advance within the organization.
    I was always given the latitude to make decisions appropriate for my position and while I made some mistakes along the way, none were tragic and the company has always supported me.

Cons

No cons for the company as we have an energetic yet seasoned leadership team. The only downside is that most segments of our paper business are in a state of steady decline, primarily due to migration to the digital world. However this can be an exciting challenge as well since the company is actively looking to stem these declines by moving into alternative streams of revenue using our existing assets. This is very exciting and we have a core group of employees dedicated to this New Product Development ( NPD)endeavor.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. We are on the right track.

Mar 29, 2016 – Director, Talent

Appreciate the feedback - yes, lots of innovation in new product development, exciting times!

10. "Great CEO, supportive management, great HR team!"

I have been working at Catalyst Paper full-time

Pros

Our CEO is not just your average CEO that speaks great things about our organization, but truly believes in all messages he delivers. Our management teams identify those employees who are working hard and are always wanting to ensure their employees success! The HR team is always available to answer any questions and if are not able to address the questions, are able to direct you in the right direction to find out answers! Great organization to work for!

Cons

Nothing really that I can say!

Advice to Management

You are doing an excellent job!

Mar 29, 2016 – Director, Talent

Thanks for the positive review!

11. "Staff Employee"

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement. Company is showing a lot of innovation lately as markets are changing. Big capital projects being approved at all locations.

Cons

With big changes come big workloads. Long hours are the norm and you will fall behind if you don't log them in. Salaries are fair for the industry however the benefit plan has taken a hit over the years and is sub par.

Mar 29, 2016 – Director, Talent

Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback!