Cataphora Reviews | Glassdoor

Cataphora Reviews

Cataphora Founder & CEO Elizabeth Charnock
Elizabeth Charnock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to be if you like a challenge"

Pros

Highly innovative, get to work on interesting problems. Very transparent in just about everything. Strong upper management.

Cons

Not enough money to do many of the things that we wanted to do.

2. "Moot Review"

Pros

There were employees who cared about their work; there were employees who had talent.

Cons

Management changed directions in unpredictable ways; some good employees were not rewarded adequately and some bad employees got a pass.

3. "Good."

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cataphora full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, collegial, creative, innovative, and smart.

Cons

Upper management could be difficult to understand and ivory towerish. Tech people couldn't communicate with sales people or understand them.

Advice to Management

They already did the right thing by selling off the division they treated as an unwanted stepchild.

4. "I learned more that I would have expected."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Cataphora as an intern

Pros

You will get really great experience. The product and work is very interesting and motivating.

Cons

It is not very organized and there are a lot of communication issues.

5. "Interesting projects and a flexible work atmosphere, but I wasn't crazy about the management atmosphere."

Pros

Interesting projects, flexible hours, and many of the people were quite nice. The company seems open to internal innovation.

Cons

The atmosphere bothered me - I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to be a degree of chilliness and intimidation within the company. I also wasn't crazy about all the company's stated goals.

Advice to Management

Make the atmosphere more happy, less intimidating.

"Cataphora"

Pros

I think one of the advantages would have to be hot having to deal with a bureaucracy in larger companies. The company is generally young. Some really great intelligent and unique individuals work at Cataphora.

Cons

Unfortunately, the company treats many of its employees poorly. "This is a start-up" is generally not an excuse for lack of professionalism. The "company culture" is generally not positive and more of a "hold down the fort, its us or them" mentality.

Questions that are important to ask ANY employer: (1) How many people have "moved on" (voluntarily or not) from the company in the past year? (2) Is working towards "career goals" considered reasonable at your company? (3) Can I speak with a colleague of yours about the working environment?

Advice to Management

Too far gone!