Catapult Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is also a genuine push for work/life balance" (in 21 reviews)

• "Great people who are willing to help and go the extra mile for teammates" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "As a smaller company, some roles will be challenged to find a career path for growth" (in 5 reviews)

• "Business units are solidifying into regions and one Catapult" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've seen it all, and Catapult is the best!"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catapult is a great place to work, and below are only just a few reasons why:
    Bring the team attitude - everyone works together and we work hard.
    Catapult recognizes employees that make a difference - and often.
    Catapult promotes to higher-level positions (including management) from within - great opportunities for the right leaders. Not everyone needs/wants to be a manager, but there are plenty of leadership opportunities.
    Catapult's management team (GMs through most senior execs) is approachable and supportive. There's a strong sense of family at all levels.

Cons

None whatsoever. Catapult is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

The company is doing an excellent job transforming to a total-solutions approach as well as globally. I don't understand any of the negative reviews on Glassdoor, as I have nothing but great experiences - it is a shame that disgruntled individuals can wield so much influence on the rankings of a great company! Keep looking out for and grooming your key contributors and embrace them.

Jan 3, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time that you took to give this encouraging review! So happy that you feel the heart of our Catapult family and are thriving in our culture. Thank you for sharing your valuable... More

2. "A great company that really cares about its people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A really sharp group of people with great personalities which results in a positive, can-do team atmosphere. I feel like Catapult really cares about me and my peers and shows it in both big (benefit additions and improvements, ability to earn variable and salary increases) and small ways (happy hours, core value awards, celebrations of personal milestones, fun activities etc). My managers over the years have been highly competent in their field, professionally supportive, and personally invested in me. I've been able to develop new skills and hone them. A great place to learn, grow - and stay.

Cons

Need better ways to focus on professional development without impacting utilization. Would be nice to hear directly from executive leadership more often than every 4-5 months.....though the Q&A event last week was a good add.

May 8, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate your valuable insight! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. So happy to hear that you feel cared for on multiple levels. We hear your advice about... More

3. "Great company, starting to grow"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

- Great culture of people who love people and love their work . (I can't stress this enough. These are really terrific people.)
    - Very flexible on travel (if you don't want to travel for family reasons, they tend to work with you).
    - Reasonable pay/comp' for the industry, and great pay in relation to work/life balance expectations

Cons

- Still growing in the mid-size company range and lacking some processes, but are actively working to improve this.

Advice to Management

- Focus on improving internal systems and putting in place processes and templates to streamline the contracting and administration elements of projects

Feb 6, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us this feedback! We appreciate your voice and the positive emphasis that you give about our people. You're absolutely right - our people here are terrific... More

4. "Good company to work at."

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult tends to allow you a certain amount of freedom so that you can manage your work.

Cons

If you are new there tends to be a lot of micro-management and reporting that would be required.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate business model. Changes from the last 3 years are having a negative affect on client retention. Client retention will be a greatly needed component of the business model in the future.

Jan 29, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time that you took to give us this feedback. Thanks for helping give us a better view of our processes.

5. "Catapult has been a great experience Have worked hard and got rewards for the same"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work has been appreciated
    Pay package is competitive
    Good place to work at
    Knowledgable people
    Fun work environment
    Great work life balance

Cons

Fast paced environment - hence need to be up to date with the latest technologies at all times. One has to spend time on upgrading himself

Advice to Management

Great job
    Would take steps to make sure job security is not an issue

Nov 13, 2017 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for your open and honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to write on our page. So happy that you feel appreciated here for all of your dedication and hard... More

6. "Senior Consultant"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Good pay, interesting consulting opportunities

Cons

at times budget restrictions made operations more difficult

Nov 13, 2017 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts about what we are doing right and what can be improved upon.

7. "All signs are positive"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, fair pay, good people

Cons

Lacks processes, hard to get out of your wheelhouse and become something more if you're good at what you know.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the focus on managing issues with clients before they get out of control. Keep doing that.

Nov 13, 2017 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your thoughts and ideas. We note your encouragement to keep facing small issues head on so that they don't grow into larger... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic! It truly is a "family" that cares about you, both professionally and personally. I like to tell people that it has the perks of a start-up (fast-paced, lots of change) without some of the pitfalls of a startup (well established in business and process). With 3 very busy kids and 2 working parents, a flexible work environment is a must for us and Catapult fits that bill.

Cons

It is much smaller than many Austin companies, so while there are lots of opportunities to try new things here and expand yourself, there may not be as many Titles to step into if that is what you are driven by.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on the employees and they will continue to perform!

Nov 13, 2017 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for this review, it's so encouraging to know that you are having a great journey with us! We are thrilled that you're able to find a healthy balance between work and your life at home... More

9. "Always gathering feedback and acting on it!"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really listen to the needs of their employees and help address them in the best way that they can. Leadership is sincere and communicates their vision clearly and often. Overall a fun place to work with many fun events and contests where you can get to know colleagues better. Flexible schedules and working from home options are able to be earned if you work hard. Teamwork in consulting is encouraged and personal and professional growth is highly supported.

Cons

Some of the smaller offices don't always have a lot of people in them, but that's just how it goes in consulting. However, this is sometimes good for productivity. Just depends on what your work style is. They do have an internal social media that keeps us connected though. And when the smaller offices do fill up with people on busier days it's always great to catch up.

10. "Great company with a lot of opportunities to expand your learning!"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

I truly loved being a part of the Catapult team. As a non-techy person, I never felt out of place. Catapult strives for a fun, motivating culture.

Cons

The company is a bit old fashioned at times, you can definitely tell that it is not a "California," type of organization but it is still a great place to be.

Nov 13, 2017 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your ideas. We are so glad that you had such a positive experience while you were on the team! Have a great week. :)