Catapult Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is also a genuine push for work/life balance" (in 21 reviews)

• "Great people who are willing to help and go the extra mile for teammates" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "As a smaller company, some roles will be challenged to find a career path for growth" (in 5 reviews)

• "Oh, and the 401k match is a joke" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've seen it all, and Catapult is the best!"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catapult is a great place to work, and below are only just a few reasons why:
    Bring the team attitude - everyone works together and we work hard.
    Catapult recognizes employees that make a difference - and often.
    Catapult promotes to higher-level positions (including management) from within - great opportunities for the right leaders. Not everyone needs/wants to be a manager, but there are plenty of leadership opportunities.
    Catapult's management team (GMs through most senior execs) is approachable and supportive. There's a strong sense of family at all levels.

Cons

None whatsoever. Catapult is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

The company is doing an excellent job transforming to a total-solutions approach as well as globally. I don't understand any of the negative reviews on Glassdoor, as I have nothing but great experiences - it is a shame that disgruntled individuals can wield so much influence on the rankings of a great company! Keep looking out for and grooming your key contributors and embrace them.

Jan 3, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time that you took to give this encouraging review! So happy that you feel the heart of our Catapult family and are thriving in our culture. Thank you for sharing your valuable... More

2. "IT Project Manager - Managing Consultant"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company truly stands behind their brand promises with clients and with their employees. I've never worked for a company that actually value their employees opinions and feedback. They also highly recommend continue education, even include an in-depth training database, to further your career path. Catapult Culture is contagious and is visible from the top down.

Cons

The Phoenix office still feels like a start up office even though it's been established for 6 years.

3. "Catapult - Opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the 10 years I have worked here, I have been able to do a variety of jobs and progress nicely in my career. Always lots of opportunity. The people that work here are also very interested in helping each other.

Cons

Not many I can think of.

"Not for everyone, perfect for me"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work, good pay, incredibly strong team mentality, managers allow autonomy without letting things go off the rails.
    Frequent and well-planned team building activities and events, and a culture that's cool enough to not feel corporate, but not so hipster-y that we all need mustache wax and scarves... ;)

Cons

At times you're going to feel like you're alone against a client or a situation, and if you don't force yourself to reach out for help you will be.

Oh, and the 401k match is a joke. I guess there has to be one hard negative!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, shoot high, and encourage us to follow.
    Oh, and keep Catapult fun... there's no sense in making money hand-over-fist if you're doing it by selling your soul, and our soul is fun!

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and benefits

Cons

I have None worth mentioning here

6. "Changing company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good worklife balance
    Some good projects and people to work with
    Microsoft focused

Cons

Improve career path for people

7. "A great company that really cares about its people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A really sharp group of people with great personalities which results in a positive, can-do team atmosphere. I feel like Catapult really cares about me and my peers and shows it in both big (benefit additions and improvements, ability to earn variable and salary increases) and small ways (happy hours, core value awards, celebrations of personal milestones, fun activities etc). My managers over the years have been highly competent in their field, professionally supportive, and personally invested in me. I've been able to develop new skills and hone them. A great place to learn, grow - and stay.

Cons

Need better ways to focus on professional development without impacting utilization. Would be nice to hear directly from executive leadership more often than every 4-5 months.....though the Q&A event last week was a good add.

May 8, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate your valuable insight! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. So happy to hear that you feel cared for on multiple levels. We hear your advice about... More

8. "Great company, starting to grow"

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

- Great culture of people who love people and love their work . (I can't stress this enough. These are really terrific people.)
    - Very flexible on travel (if you don't want to travel for family reasons, they tend to work with you).
    - Reasonable pay/comp' for the industry, and great pay in relation to work/life balance expectations

Cons

- Still growing in the mid-size company range and lacking some processes, but are actively working to improve this.

Advice to Management

- Focus on improving internal systems and putting in place processes and templates to streamline the contracting and administration elements of projects

Feb 6, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us this feedback! We appreciate your voice and the positive emphasis that you give about our people. You're absolutely right - our people here are terrific... More

9. "Good company to work at."

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult tends to allow you a certain amount of freedom so that you can manage your work.

Cons

If you are new there tends to be a lot of micro-management and reporting that would be required.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate business model. Changes from the last 3 years are having a negative affect on client retention. Client retention will be a greatly needed component of the business model in the future.

Jan 29, 2018 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

We appreciate the time that you took to give us this feedback. Thanks for helping give us a better view of our processes.

10. "Catapult has been a great experience Have worked hard and got rewards for the same"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work has been appreciated
    Pay package is competitive
    Good place to work at
    Knowledgable people
    Fun work environment
    Great work life balance

Cons

Fast paced environment - hence need to be up to date with the latest technologies at all times. One has to spend time on upgrading himself

Advice to Management

Great job
    Would take steps to make sure job security is not an issue

Nov 13, 2017 – Culture and Communications Ambassador

Thanks so much for your open and honest feedback. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to write on our page. So happy that you feel appreciated here for all of your dedication and hard... More