Catapult Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • There is also a genuine push for work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Great people to work with, and be friends with outside of the office (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus structure for working additional hours is nice, but once you make more money in your career it's not really worth your time (in 5 reviews)

• As a smaller company, some roles will be challenged to find a career path for growth (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult is a good place to work. The projects are interesting, management treats everyone with respect and I get to work a flexible schedule. If I work hard, my efforts are recognized by multiple people in the organization. The organization has a friendly culture. It is easy to reach out to people in different cities and get advice. In addition, if I want to talk to people on the Executive team, I can just email or call them. Plus, I really like the people I work with every day.

Cons

It would be nice to have more 401K match. Good training programs, but could use some more strategic thinking on how to get more people engaged with the programs.

Advice to Management

Make sure the roles that people are filling suit their strengths, don't try "to put a square peg in a round hole". It's a small company which makes it easier for people to leverage their individual strengths in multiple ways, find a way to better foster that.

"Really good place to work if you're up for consulting"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Each business unit has its own culture and some autonomy. So if there are things you want to change or negotiate, the local GM can make that happen.

* Very strong focus on Cloud and delivering business value, good vision for the future.

* Good career opportunities. I have advanced from Consultant, to Senior Consultant, to Senior Lead Consultant during my time at Catapult. On top of this I get recurring training & development courses that is part of my Personal Development Plan. Microsoft certifications, and training material, are paid for.

* Acquisition by Chinasoft has not affected our business unit at all. Still strong leadership and clear communication. This might be different in HQ.

* None or very limited travel required.

* 40-45h weeks is normal unless you want to keep climbing up that ladder and take on more responsibility.

Cons

* If you're having problems you have to reach out and get help. Don't expect to get anything for free, but also expect to get help when asked for.

* Project Management culture has a long way to go. Some business units have very engaged PMs working with the consultants, while other business units have consultants that feels like "I don't need a PM" and that causes project delivery issues.

* As with any consulting gig, PTO days are sparse so negotiate to get the level you feel happy with. Management will definitely work with you to make you happy.

Advice to Management

* Assign Project Managers their real title. Don't call PMs "Senior Consultant" since that is just not true and confuses customers.

* Incorporate lessons learned into delivery work. We're making the same mistake over and over again cross business units.

* When a consultant is getting a new title or position, be clear about expectations in what tasks that has been added to the workload, and how many hours that is expected.

3. "A great company to call home. No need to job hop if you come to Catapult."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance is the best I've experience in over 15 years in IT. C level employees take time to know your name, and genuinely seem interested. Salary is competitive, and if you work hard, your raises are great. Open door policy makes it easy to keep water cooler talk to a minimum, allowing for more focus on work. Very collaborative environment. Ego's are kept to a minimum. Great people to work with, and be friends with outside of the office. Most of the brightest and best work at Catapult. HR is the best in the business! Certs Paid for. Great management team.

Cons

Bonus structure needs to be evaluated. Pennies on the dollar, just don't hold much incentive. Preferred the renewal bonus of past.

Advice to Management

Remember constant growth is not sustainable. The key is sustainability over time. There will always be peaks and valleys. People before profits, and the profits will come. Great job otherwise! Keep up the forward looking thinking.

"Good people are 'disappeared'"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries are average
    Benefit packages are average and 401k has employer match
    Some degree of self-management is possible
    Certifications are possible if you can get off customer project but getting off a customer project is difficult.

Cons

Unless you are a corporate employee, you are on-site with customers. As a consultant on-site you don't get to enjoy the niceties that the corporate office enjoys. You read corporate emails about the chair massages, beer closet, bingo, and wonder "how do these people have all this time on their hands!?"

There are meetings that are held where delivery managers talk around a table, discussing consultants that they've barely met let alone worked with one-on-one. Yet decisions about these consultants are made in these meetings by these managers who know nothing about the consultants they are judging. It's an unfair practice that leads to bad decision-making.

Prior to this year, the annual review process was a confusing Excel spreadsheet. Not very high-tech for a company who claims to be Microsoft's premiere partner.

People pass each other in the hall and don't even make eye contact unless they're in their clique. It's a very clique-oriented place and I don't care for that type of environment.

The turn-over rate is extremely high for a company who claims to be so highly sought after as an employer. When asking about people who just disappear, the line is like propaganda - they were bad employees, they didn't fit into the Catapult mold. I personally worked with many of these people who just disappeared and I know that they were good, smart people and I don't believe the made-up reasons for their dismissals.

All in all, though I'm currently employed here, I have my resume ready.

Advice to Management

There is an alarming turn-over rate here that really can't be swept under the rug. I was sad to see several very good people disappear over the last year. Those who aren't disappeared and are allowed to give their two weeks notice say that they are glad to be getting out of Catapult and had to leave to better their careers as there was no clear path for promotion. After meeting the milestones for each next consultant level, they were given vague reasons as to why they couldn't be promoted to the next consultant level. It's like a bait-and-switch.

Catapult Systems Response

Dec 21, 2016 – VP - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It gives us the opportunity to see where we can make changes – one of those areas being performance reviews, as you mentioned. Terminating ... More

5. "Cloud transformation is in full gear"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. Solid vision for the cloud. Fun work place. With the progress we've made this year, I'm excited to see what next year brings.

Cons

The transformation to selling cloud services has not been without its challenges, but our leadership team continues to invest in the right areas and position us as a market leader.

Advice to Management

Keep the course and stay focused. It's important to make the right resource and $ investments in all of our practice areas so that they are all successful.

6. "Start up feel at a stable company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The industry is changing quickly, and Catapult along with it. If you love a fast paced company who is values your thoughts, ideas and opinions, this is a great place. Yet Catapult has been around for over 20 years, so stable too. TONS of fun events and lots of focus on employee satisfaction. An all around great place to work.

Cons

As a smaller company, some roles will be challenged to find a career path for growth. But for most employees, there are plenty of opportunities.

7. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, People, Executive Leadership, Product Development, Innovation, Stability, Professional Development Opportunities

Cons

Would like to see additional paid parental leave on top of sick days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The one suggestion I would have is to review Parental Paid Leave policy to align more with other tech firms in Austin.

8. "Thumbs Up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Catapult has a great family culture, reputation, strong desire to do what is right, competitive salary and bonus structure that encourages mutual success. Executive management team is top notch and genuinely cares about the employees.

Cons

Change is slow, but it does happen.

Advice to Management

Think BIG, act BIG, believe BIG, and the results will be BIG!

9. "Stable but Dynamic Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Catapult is an employee focused organization, with many activities planned for bonding and networking. There are lots of opportunities for consultants to get training in technical and soft skill areas. Innovative with Intellectual Property led unique offerings, such as Fuse and Launch. Which are priced right and wisely managed services offering, not just application development. Flat organization chart - consultants work with a different Delivery Manager for each project, so the team members you work with change with each engagement.

Cons

I am not a very social person, so the planned activities are less compelling. Although there a great many extremely talented consultants, often the qualifications for delivering a project is based on who is most available.

Advice to Management

Expand beyond the "Microsoft Consulting Company" reputation

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Always busy with cutting edge technologies and new challenges everyday.
    Everyone in the company looks after one another. Within previous employers, everyone seemed to always looks after themselves. Not the case with Catapult, everyone supports everyone as one of our brand promises - 'We Bring the Whole Team'

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. I couldn't think of a better place to work - from team members, leadership and culture.

Advice to Management

None at this time. Catapult is the most transparent company I have ever worked for - from mission and vision which to actual and forecast financials