Catapult Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is the best I've experience in over 15 years in IT (in 18 reviews)

• Great people to work with, and be friends with outside of the office (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus structure for working additional hours is nice, but once you make more money in your career it's not really worth your time (in 5 reviews)

• As a smaller company, some roles will be challenged to find a career path for growth (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

Always busy with cutting edge technologies and new challenges everyday.
    Everyone in the company looks after one another. Within previous employers, everyone seemed to always looks after themselves. Not the case with Catapult, everyone supports everyone as one of our brand promises - 'We Bring the Whole Team'

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. I couldn't think of a better place to work - from team members, leadership and culture.

Advice to Management

None at this time. Catapult is the most transparent company I have ever worked for - from mission and vision which to actual and forecast financials

2. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary and bonus structure
    Good training opportunities for new technology
    Cross training encouraged between employees
    Very family oriented

Cons

As with most any consulting company, a lot of travel is required

3. "Easily the best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great chance for hands on experience with a variety of work. You get out of the project what you put into it, there's a great chance for professional satisfaction at the completion of a project.

-Catapult does a great job of training and pairing you with a mentor that can teach you new technologies as well as placing you on projects that are of an interest to you.

-Work hard play hard mentality, Catapult really seems to focus on hiring personalities as well as technical expertise.

-Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

-You can find yourself working for clients all over Austin so with the increasing amount of traffic your commute can be challenging if you hit it during rush hour

-Clients can be difficult and demanding so you definitely have to be a people person if you're going to pursue this line of work, overall though these are fairly negligible when compared with the pros of working here.

Advice to Management

None at the moment

"Best consulting company to work for in terms of work-life balance"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is unique. The hierarchy is such that even the person at the lowest level of the organization can reach out to the CEO and talk to him if needed. The CEO makes it his priority to have a direct interaction with each and every person in the organization. Undoubtedly one of the best companies to work for.
    Very quick to recognize talent and provide them the opportunity to raise.
    Every individual in the company work towards a culture of work-life balance, you don't have to work extra hours unless you want to.

Cons

Growth may become limited for people aspiring to stay technical. Bonus plan metrics are directly in relation to how many hours worked instead of how valuable you are to the team.

Advice to Management

Improve Bonus Plans so that team members are recognized even if they work 40 hours a week, if they are providing other valuable aspects to the team such as customer service, customer satisfaction or team benefits.

6. "Great career opportunity and work life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult Systems provides an opportunity for all consultants to own their clients and projects and make decisions based on what they feel is right for the client. It's currently in a large growth stage which has created new leadership opportunities and career advancements across all the different offices. In addition the company is extremely focused on internal culture and making sure everyone has a healthy work life balance.

Cons

The company is continually helping customers deploy the latest software...so all consultants must continually be up to date on the new releases.

"I love my team and the growth potential of the company!"

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team environment. Good community and collaboration amongst the different practice areas. If you are a Microsoft professional, Catapult is the place for you to grow your career! Management seems to care about everyone and openly communicates about the state of the business.

Cons

The growth is fun and the company is doing great, but with growth does come challenges. Right now we are working hard to bring on more team members to keep up with the client demand.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great team culture and continue our growth - but avoid growing so fast that we lose any of what has made us great along the way.

8. "Amazing company and culture. Focus on hiring talent, skill, and respectful nice people."

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

the people, the CEO, the focus on excellence.

Cons

not enough new jobs with Catapult in the local area.

Advice to Management

More companies should be run like Catapult.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keeps up with the newest technologies, excellent benefits including certification tracks, great work environment.

Cons

The money is kept tight: salaries, infrastructure, etc. suffer

10. "Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Special Projects Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Special Projects Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult offers a great sense of stability. There are always new projects to work on and there is rarely any downtime. Catapult is very flexible with their employees. There are no time cards and you are able to work remotely fairly often.
    Catapult provided me with comprehensive training which has enabled me to become a stronger business professional. I sincerely look forward to coming to work each day and this is something that I have rarely experienced in my previous positions.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that fact that Catapult seems to take on more work than the team can handle. It seems like our clients have to "get in line" because we don't have enough resources to support our current workload.

Advice to Management

Recruit new talent to lighten the load a little.

11. "This is a great place to work and further your career."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catapult has many great things going for it. I've worked here for just over six months and have enjoyed every bit of it. This is a privately owned company with no debt. The CEO is a very dynamic outgoing individual which does his absolute best to promote the Catapult culture and work ethic. The people that I work with are not only experienced and the best at what they do, but they all live the company culture of team work and collaboration. I can honestly say that I have not met anyone at this company that I did not like or would not hesitate to put in front of a client.

Catapult also does a very good job of supporting its employees to ensure that they are successful. They provide ongoing training and encourage employees to seek out opportunities to learn and to grow their knowledge within their field, whether that's sales or technical. Their internal support structure also works very well and has been instrumental for me in solving problems and providing the help I have needed to be successful.

One final Pro I want to add is the alignment that Catapult has with Microsoft. Catapult describes itself as "The Microsoft Services Company", and they really are. Catapult is successful because they work so closely with Microsoft in each geography they are in. This has opened doors for me with clients and has provided invaluable support from Microsoft itself in the pursuit of current and future business.

Cons

I currently have nothing to add here a con about working at Catapult.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture that you have built within the company is, in my opinion, what has made Catapult successful.