Catherine's Plus Sizes PTSL Reviews | Glassdoor

David Jaffe
  1. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portage, MI

I have been working at Catherine's Plus Sizes part-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, Customer Oriented, cozy, great customer relations, flexible hours.

Cons

Smaller store not many hours to work.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2018-02-12
  2. "Not the best but could have been better"

Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Catherine's Plus Sizes part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice discount on clothes. We closed at a decent time so the nights were not too bad.

Cons

I didn’t get a long with my manager before I left. She was speaking badly about me behind my back, but this is something that goes on everywhere. I was also expected to work open to close shifts with just six hours with another associate, mostly just to close. If you had to use the rest room, well hope you can hold it. I was part time on the books but worked full time hours without benefits.

Advice to Management

None

Catherine's Plus Sizes2019-09-23
  3. "Decent company but low pay"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Catherine's Plus Sizes full-time

Pros

Systems in place; store managers are not micro-managed; good clothing discount; good place to learn and get experience; stays busy; established brand

Cons

Low pay; Locations of stores; Hard, hands-on work; Very physical; As a manager you will be doing everything; Too many constant changes from corporate with many hiccups and mistakes; constantly having to learn new processes

Advice to Management

Advice to corporate: Listen to people who are in the field. Get feedback from Store Managers because they know what is really going on in the stores, with sales and customers. If you want to get and retain good people, raise your pay!

Catherine's Plus Sizes2019-04-22
  4. "Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Catherine's Plus Sizes part-time

Pros

Nice discount when buying clothing.

Cons

Very low pay for sales associates.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2019-03-20
  5. "Management"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catherine's Plus Sizes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Customers are sweet..and love being helped

Cons

No hours for employees. Hire hire hire but only schedule 3 hours and you wonder why they leave? Stores operate on 125 hours that includes 40 for manager, 32 for asst. 15 -20 for 2 part time managers... 4 employees take up 102 + hours, And you are suppose to have 10 or more employees on staff? Do the math? Push customers to open credit cards..when you dont make goals on credit you are on extra conference calls and... your job is basically threatened. No merchandise to make sales plan.. Told to order it for customers. How can you order for customers when you dont have a 1 x pant for them to try on? Duplicate paperwork. Very redundant...no office time..you work alone alot as management. But you still have to get all operational things done? Retail is difficult. But its amazing how district and regional managers make it so much tougher on you than necessary.

Advice to Management

H R should Do exit interviews and ask why people are quitting. If your curious..ask the questions.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2019-04-23
  6. "Ascena Retail"

Current Employee - Store Sales Manager

I have been working at Catherine's Plus Sizes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous Vacation time if the District Manager allows you to take it.

Cons

There is no work/life balance with this company.

Advice to Management

Give store managers more support. Get to know your team.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2019-02-11

"Sales leader"

I worked at Catherine's Plus Sizes part-time

Pros

Decent pay Flexible hours AMAZING DISCOUNTS FOR WORKERS. If you like the sister stores.... like lane Bryant, workers get great discounts!

Cons

Business isn’t necessarily booming here, or at least at the location I worked at. The “management” would try and pressure the workers to make customers apply for credit cards which I was not comfortable with. The company was cool to work for but then it became way too demanding.

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL employees. Be fair Have your employees backs when the “big boss” is around.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2018-08-13

"Former assistant store manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Catherine's Plus Sizes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Close team and great customers

Cons

Very demanding with little rewards Very underpaid for my skill level and experience No corporate support No response to a situation of workplace bullying and harrasment

Advice to Management

This was a fun place to work, but something has changed a lot over the years.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2018-08-05
  9. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Kenosha, WI

I worked at Catherine's Plus Sizes part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, friendly environment, always something to do in the store to pass time, Provide on one CS social Experience and assistance, a great entry level starter job for the variety of tasks and different experience learned in the role of a CSSA.

Cons

Most regular Sales Associates below Key holders get very little hours, and the pay is pretty low.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for a little more opportunity in pay advancement since there's there is only a couple of employees working at a time in each of the store locations.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2018-04-03
  10. "Good atmosphere"

I worked at Catherine's Plus Sizes part-time

Pros

Overall atmosphere and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Great if you're attending school or have a full-time job and need extra income.

Catherine's Plus Sizes2018-03-05