Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston Boston Reviews

Boston, MA Area

4.3
Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston Larry Meyes
Larry Meyes

1. "Great Job, Great Vision1"

Current Employee - Teacher GED in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Teacher GED in Boston, MA

I have been working at Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Director was flexible
    Great Vision
    Great Benefits
    Work stays at Work
    Face of the Community

Cons

Low pay hence "Charities"
    Most offices are in the poorer part of town
    Sometime travels to far office
    Growth within company
    Low wages

2. "Great people, meaningful work"

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston (More than a year)

Pros

You'll work with dedicated professionals who care about the community. The agency truly makes a meaningful impact in peoples' lives.

Cons

As with much direct service work, work-life balance can be hard to maintain. While the organization is nonprofit, the Catholic faith has implications about working with the LGBTQ population that were troubling at times.

Advice to Management

Sometimes bureaucracy can stifle growth and innovative new practices.

3. "Anonymous Former Employee-Administrative Office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable pay-it is a charity so the salaries are not high but for my position (which was entry level) it was fine for a first job and it paid more than others I had interviewed for.

It's a very stable place to work and they offer very good benefits and training.

Cons

My position was very limited and it was made clear that there was no room for me to grow into a new/different role so I chose to move on. I worked in the administrative office (we did not provide services but focused on supporting the rest of the sites that did). While I was there a lot of people left so I was not the only one dissatisfied with their job (though I can't speak for why others left) but I was discouraging to see so many people leave within a relatively short time (I was there for about a year).

Advice to Management

People need to feel encouraged where they work and know that there is a path forward within the organization and not just to a new job somewhere else. The agency does a lot of great things to help people and being a part of that is rewarding but people need more to be happy enough to stay.

5. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Catholic Charitable Bureau of The Archdiocese of Boston full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission. Staff work hard to maitain programs and services quality.

Cons

As any other non-profit funding has declined in the past years.