Catholic Community Services of Western WA Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Friendliest office"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Catholic Community Services of Western WA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will not meet a better group of coworkers. Everyone is so supportive and friendly. The pay is decent and the benefits are really great! They are really open to flexible work schedules. The agency is really growing right now. Particularly in the Administrative Assistant role, there is a lot of opportunity to learn things from all parts of the office.

Cons

I think the growth this past year was really unexpected and everyone has been swamped. They are working on hiring more staff to help with the work load. Being a nonprofit, some of the systems are outdated (no electronic records yet) and admin team can sometimes have a lot of responsibility but not enough hours in the day. Getting a pay raise outside of the yearly raise in October is really difficult.

Advice to Management

Give people raises based on their hard work and job performance, rather than across the board raises once a year.

2. "To help people who can't help them selfs"

Current Employee - HCA in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - HCA in Olympia, WA

Pros

Great people to work with get to meet new people they are willing to listen they always have work for you

Cons

Sometime you get clients that don't want you around and they are mean and they will yell at you and could get crazy with you

Advice to Management

None

3. "Phones"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Tucson, AZ

I worked at Catholic Community Services of Western WA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working as a relay for the deaf phone operator.

Cons

Low pay was definitely a factor in leaving.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on and on and on

5. "love working at CCS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Catholic Community Services of Western WA full-time

Pros

Good energy, great colleagues, supervisor and upper leadership is always supportive and steps in to help anytime. Mission is spot on - I feel like I make a difference. Some on-call but I like the rotation and don't get many calls. I like seeing families in their homes. Families we work with make progress and appreciate us. Total flexibility in scheduling, which I like. Great place to work.

Cons

It can get pretty busy, but my supervisor helps when it's too much. Lots of paperwork because it's mental health. Keep trying to decrease the paperwork though. North End is a little crowded but the re-model will be great when it's done.

Advice to Management

These services should be available to families everywhere, and should be available for families even if they don't have Medicaid or insurance. Some families can't get the help they need because they aren't on Medicaid. We can only help those families if they are in crisis. Services should be available to families even if they don't have medicaid.

6. "ccs/chs"

Current Employee - Property Management in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Property Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Catholic Community Services of Western WA (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission and lots of great people

Cons

Lack of communication and focus.

Advice to Management

Do some strategic planning and stick with it.

7. "on-call 24/7"

Former Employee - Family Partner in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Family Partner in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Catholic Community Services of Western WA (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits. A good place to gain experience.

Cons

Low pay. They require some staff to carry a company cell phone and answer client calls after normal business hours. You have to be available 24 hours a day to answer client calls during the work week, plus one weekend per month. So basically, one week a month you are working or on-call 24-7. Plus there is no extra pay for being on-call unless you get a call and have to go out to respond to a client emergency.

Advice to Management

Rotate on-call duties so staff can have a life outside of work. Your on-call requirement amounts to enslavement.

8. "HCA"

Current Employee - HCA in Parkland, WA
    Current Employee - HCA in Parkland, WA

I have been working at Catholic Community Services of Western WA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule very flexible, great raises.

Cons

No support from Lakewood chapter, no postive reenforcement just critical remarks from supervisors

Advice to Management

Take time to listen to your HCAs thys are the forfront of your business.

9. "Counselor"

Former Employee - Retired Counselor and Criminologist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Retired Counselor and Criminologist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Catholic Community Services of Western WA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is an agency that serves a lot of different populations that need various services.

Cons

Poor pay and not much of an employee package to give someone an incentive to stay with this agency.

Advice to Management

Since there is such a high turnover mainly due to low wages and not a very good benefit package that a lot of money is wasted on training since people do not stick around very long. They are better off just paying more and giving full-time staff a better benefit package. This would also get more experienced staff which benefits the clients.

10. "Enjoyed the mission...however management needs work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Catholic Community Services of Western WA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues make work fun and enjoyable. Loved helping the clients and knowing that you are making a difference.

Cons

Hr and management were two faced. They would act like they support you and turn around and do something different.

11. "Home Care Aid"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Catholic Community Services of Western WA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Union, health care coverage 25$ a month for full time workers. Can earn paid time off quickly.

Cons

No support from case managers. Very little training by. Low pay, can't choose your clients.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more time explaining procedures. Return employee calls. Give more support over all to your caregivers.