Catholic Health Initiatives Reviews | Glassdoor

Catholic Health Initiatives CEO Kevin E. Lofton
Kevin E. Lofton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Preach core values, do not follow them (in 27 reviews)

• Upper management had no idea what we were doing (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"2 Time Winner Best Places to Work in Kentucky"

Current Employee - Video Monitor Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Video Monitor Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff
    Working full time hours in three days each week
    Overtime Available, not mandatory
    Open and safe culture
    Thorough training
    Food available on site

Cons

Work every other weekend
    Work some holidays

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, the positive attitudes, and the encouragement. It's truly appreciated!

Jun 29, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your continued service to the CHI family, and for taking the time to post this positive review!

2. "Executive assistant"

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good PTO policy; fair insurance plan. Fair severance package

Cons

Dehumanizing environment; poor manager to direct report management. Inconsistent discipline process. Fails to teach their managers how to handle people

Advice to Management

Better people skills for managers

Sep 19, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your prior service with one of CHI's healthcare facilities, and thank you for taking the time to post comments. Best to you in your future endeavors.

3. "HR"

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

Mission, Vision, Values, People, Patients

Cons

Instability, slow to change, lack of opportunities for growth

Sep 19, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Your comments are appreciated, as well as your continued service with CHI. We all agree that change sometimes is slow but with large and diverse companies like CHI, especially in the healthcare... More

"Leadership completely out of touch at the APSC"

Current Employee - Apsc in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Apsc in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hourly employees are fantastic, eager to provide suggestions for improvement, and great teamwork

Cons

I have worked for CHI for over 5 years. When I started working here, I genuinely felt that the core values were important, and were practiced. Over the course of the past few years, they have become a joke. Most of the downturn on morale has been due to the interim director. The term leadership is not appropriate, rather she is a dictator that refuses to listen to the many suggestions of employees, or see any fault in herself. She does not understand the day to day operations at the ground level. It has been suggested several times that she spend a day with the hourly employees to obtain more of a grasp of the task they complete, and the time it takes to do so, with no avail. She has also implemented an unrealistic attendance policy, which results in termination after four call ins, regardless of if the notification is provided the day prior. This is extremely insensitive and lacking in compassion for the employees, as many of us have families, and ongoing medical issues. Furthermore, managers who's mistakes are corrected on a daily basis by hourly employees are being considered for promotions, due to a high-school-like clique mentality of the current director, while the hard working managers that actually want to make changes for improvement have been passed over time and time again. This has lead to employees feeling very defeated , and does not foster motivation

Advice to Management

A plan of action needs to be created for the director, she should be required to spend time learning the processes of the day to day operations, or be removed from the position. Suggestions from employees to improve process should be seriously considered by leadership, and the attendance policy should be corrected to address the employees who are abusing their time off, rather than punishing everyone for the actions of a few

5. "Good Company and Values"

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, department directors and VP, caring and mission-centered corporate office atmosphere. Good benefits, ability to work remotely.

Cons

Making less money than previous employment. Uncertainty of the future due to pending (possible) merger.

Advice to Management

It's a tough business started by tough nuns. Harness CHI's foremothers' spirit, fairness, and vision in all aspects of the business and treatment of employees.

"LPN"

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

Great Experience and On the Job Training

Cons

Inconsistent schedule throughout the weeks of work

Sep 13, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments, and for your service with a CHI facility. We appreciate you taking the time to comment and hope that the schedule inconsistency improves. Thanks, again.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - UM in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - UM in Omaha, NE

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great 401 K plans , convenient location(s)

Cons

terrible mangers
    terrible reputation
    staff was AWESOME, knowledgeable but management was a joke

Advice to Management

listen to employees, SUPER SUPER understaffed

Sep 13, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past experience with a CHI facility in Nebraska. We're sorry your experience was not more positive and wish you the best in future endeavors.

"STAY AWAY! ... at least from the APSC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

A few good leaders and some really great people to work with.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are a lot of cons with the APSC. I honestly feel that the following are the most unforgiving:

* Our director decided, about 6-months ago, to change the attendance policy to not allow any forgiveness, even if we call in the previous day. No matter what we will get an occurrence. Instead of holding the employees that were having attendance problems accountable you brought it down on everyone and wiped the slate clean of occurrences for the abusers.
        * Shortly after that, all of us employees receive an email threatening our jobs (on performance) if any employee made 3 mistakes in the same month. But it appears as though it was an empty threat as the APSC has seen no change with the amount of errors.
        * Our director still shows her inability to communicate to her department by stating 4-weeks ago that we would all be told the plan for replacing a supervisor fired as an escape goat for her and her Interim manager's incompetencies.

Advice to Management

Hopefully you will not allow the director to hire on the interim manager to a permanent position or you will see the moral and the direction of the APSC fall even faster. It is obvious that neither one has a clue on how to better the department. And that is shown by them continuously disregarding, not only CHI's policies and procedures, but even common practices. So to sum it up, you can't have a captain pilot a ship who has never been in the ocean before....you'll be bound for disaster!

"A sinking ship"

Former Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Respect life balance
    Work from home days
    The checks cleared
    Decent offices
    Some very decent people work there

Cons

Zero room for promotion
    Criminally incompetent leadership
    Culture of escalation not collaboration
    Preach core values, do not follow them

Advice to Management

Fire Lofton and sell the company off to one that actually cares about patients and employees.

Sep 11, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to review CHI but broad "con" statements are difficult to address. Please access CHI's public web site, click the "Contact Us" link in the upper right corner, and... More

10. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong mission based organization. Invests in employees. Great mission.

Cons

Like any large company, has it's fair share of red tape.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Sep 13, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments, and for your prior service with a CHI facility in Pennsylvania. Best to you in your future endeavors.