Catholic Health Initiatives Reviews | Glassdoor

Catholic Health Initiatives Reviews

Updated August 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance in most departments (in 34 reviews)

• The company has a good mission statement, pays well, and has good benefits (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • What happened to the core values and "Embrace the Spirit" (in 25 reviews)

• Upper management had no idea what we were doing (in 25 reviews)

"Accounts Payable Support Center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of people I worked with were great. Some members of management genuinely cared and took feedback to heart. Pay was decent for the position.

Cons

The workload kept increasing with no additional team members to support the volume. Some members of management made the workplace very uncomfortable at times.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to employees more, actually hear what they are saying.

Jul 27, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your prior service with CHI, and for your comments. Your comment: "Some members of management made the workplace very uncomfortable at times" is of concern and we would appreciate the... More

2. "Unethical company"

Former Employee - Director, Facilities Management in Pendleton, OR
    Former Employee - Director, Facilities Management in Pendleton, OR

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hospital staff were great people to work with, however Corporate is best described as Can't Help Itself = CHI. Company has tanked financially since 2012.

Cons

Talks a big story of employee importance but practices little of what they preach, poor financial management, riff employees to correct the bottom line of their continued mistakes.

Advice to Management

Clean house in the executive suite, they lead this company to the dismal condition it currently is in ethically as well as financially.

"It's time we are heard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some positives to working at CHI: Decent benefits; And some management, there are a couple (a very limited few) of them that seem to have the knowledge and integrity to bear the title that they hold as well as manage with an open door policy

Cons

There are many things about working at CHI that really seem to fall far below the threshold of postulation: Accountability, for one, it has been expressed to us that processes are in place to enforce accountability, be it a matter of ownership or a mere lack of triumph in required duties and responsibilities, however, I am hard pressed to witness an example of this from the majority of management; Raises, albeit appreciated, are extremely minimal compared to the amount of ever growing expectations and obligations placed before us on a daily basis; The chaotic environment, a mass of misguided direction and undedicated personnel engulf the everyday atmosphere on the third floor.

As for an actual review:

I must preface this review by stating that we, the lost voices of CHI, are not writing reviews to deprecate the managerial makeup of the current CHI we have all come to know, but rather have our voices be heard, for once and for all and not be echoed by the seemingly endless chasm of discarded feedback, proposals, exhortations, and genuinely sincere suggestions that we in the APSC have all, at one point or another, expressed to our dignitaries. So please heed our call to arms as we are banding together to form a powerful voice that can be heard beyond that of the current director.

The APSC has eroded under the command of our director. She exudes inexperience and inability to hark the concerned voices surrounding her on a daily basis thus resulting in the inability to voice our opinions and anxiety’s concerning our employment out of fear of retaliation. Social clicks formed in some upper management are evidently in place to shield one another from expatriation and support each others incompetency’s. Processes are followed improperly to the point of violating morals and collective belief . We are understaffed and iIl-managed resulting in disquietude and inordinately low morale. Circumstances show the directors knowledge base rests solely on NON-PO Processing. Her unwillingness to expand her global dexterity within CHI and more specifically the APSC, prevents any shred of hope, formulated by the select few members of leadership and management that genuinely care, to ever reach the light of day. Ideas are discredited and people defeated due to inept directive effectiveness. An inflated head and power hungry ego adorn our ubiquitous director.

Advice to Management

It is my belief that a democracy would govern our building better than a dictatorship. Welcome feedback, conduct a massive aggregation of ideas and constructive-criticisms from each single employee of each separate department. Use that knowledge to prop-up the undeniably damaged vessel we currently sail on and replace the current director with someone carrying compassion for the belief in our people and company. Give us our voice back, and let us help you rebuild CHI and return it back to its glory days. The director needs to step down or resign and give way to a proper successor, without ill-will or malice, I must state that I believe our director is completely incapable of performing the job in which she has been assigned to do.

"Accounts Payable"

Current Employee - Processing in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Processing in Englewood, CO

Pros

Good people and decent pay. Some members of leadership truly care and want to make the department better. The actual work can be very enjoyable when given the right tools.

Cons

The APSC is a mess. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Leadership does not hold team members accountable and plays the blame game with most issues, or ignores major issues all together (possibly due to lack of understanding)

Quality is lost and morale is at an all time low. This department is short staffed and is seriously drowning. The work is sloppy and embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Bring back structure, coaching & development, and increase staff appropriately. This department needs major help. Leadership needs to work together and make some serious improvements.

Aug 1, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Reply from the Director, APSC:
    “Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for the APSC. Communication within the department is key to our success and we continue to seek improvement in this... More

5. "Good for experience only."

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

PTO is great it advances every 5 years to a total of about 25 days off a year. Benefits are great compared to everywhere else I've worked.

Cons

Pay is not competitive, no advancement opportunities unless you're in with management.

Advice to Management

Give credit to hard working employees and try harder to not be biased when making decisions on promotions

Jul 27, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments, and for your 8+ years with CHI. CHI's employees are truly valued, and while we don't know which facility you work in, would suggest meeting with your local HR department... More

6. "Finance"

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

There are flexible work hours

Cons

Poor company performance and direction

Jul 12, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for posting comments. You may/may not have read CHI's Third Quarter financial results:

"Catholic Health Initiatives reported positive gains in the third quarter of the 2017 fiscal year... More

"Sadistic Tax Department"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits you have no time to use

Cons

The tax department at CHI is very chaotic. The average employee (below management level) lasts no longer than 10 months. Management plays mind games and abuses employees by overworking them and degrading them in front of staff. Not a role you can sustain without physical and mental anguish. CHI is losing hemorrhaging money and will not last very long in the market.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the management to VP level.

8. "So So"

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

I have made a lot of great friends, benefits are okay,

Cons

There is no room for growth and they are not fair on the few times they have promoted. Usually higher outside because they don't want to have to fill another position. No feed back on work, afraid of confrontation.

Advice to Management

Learn to give constructive feedback

Jul 12, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Catholic Health Initiatives appreciates your comments. While we cannot speak to "...not fair on the few times they have promoted..." without additional details, i.e. a specific CHI-facility and... More

9. "Great values, unclear strategy"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great values, great mission

Cons

Unclear strategy, unclear future (not unique to this healthcare org)

Jul 10, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments, and thank you for your prior service with the CHI family in Des Moines. CHI's Strategic Plan is available on its website and your comment about "unclear future" not... More

"LPN"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Nurse in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse Nurse in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LTC there are not any can't think of one since they took over century health

Cons

Moral is at it's lowest, management always speak about core values and they aren't living up to the values, no recognition for the employees, HR difficult to approach, turn over is at it's highest

Advice to Management

Recognize your dedicated employees

Aug 14, 2017 – HR Project Coordinator

Thank you for your comments, and for your continued service with a CHI facility in Colorado. On Catholic Health's public website, there is a "Contact Us" tab in the upper right corner. Please use... More