Catholic Healthcare Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Catholic Healthcare Partners President and CEO Michael D. Connelly
Michael D. Connelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Springfield Regional Medical Center"

Former Employee - Cardiac Telemetry Technician/CNA in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Cardiac Telemetry Technician/CNA in Springfield, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

GREAT employees to work with. Lots of options for jobs and training. Lots of hours available if you want to work extra shifts. Great sense of satisfaction from helping patients and families that need our help.

Cons

Very understaffed. Employee recognition/incentives have gotten worse over the years. Very little face time with Supervisors and Upper Management... Night shift receives minimal support and the cafeteria offerings are limited.

Advice to Management

Take care of your PEOPLE first and treat them with dignity and respect and they will take care of the mission. Don't micro-manage people and give them what they are worth- they work hard, they deserve better pay and incentives like we used to get- Crunch pay, bonuses, etc... Invest your time and money in those who make the hospital run and less/smaller bonuses, perks, at the top where percentage raises take a lot more $$ out of the budget.

2. "Always changing"

Current Employee - Analyst I in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst I in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hr people is this 20 words yet nine ten eleven take thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty

Cons

Disorganized, recent cuts weren't done in a strategic manner, only cost savings was considered

Advice to Management

A happy workforce is productive

3. "CarePATH Application Coordinator"

Former Employee - CarePATH Applications Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - CarePATH Applications Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits/compensation, wonderful and caring co-workers, Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow, mission based community wise. Great CIO!

Cons

Politics, management often not engaged or aware of issues and concerns, decision makers are disconnected, good workers overworked as underachievers never fired, lack of accountability, favoritism throughout, inconsistent policy enforcement, managers often hired without proper experience, lack of career path movement - most folks are promoted based on favoritism.

Advice to Management

Upper management (CEO, CIO, COO) needs to take a look at middle and lower management, as often the issue of losing good employees lies there. Find a way to listen to your employees and make changes for improvement on lines of communication. Allow employees to evaluate/rate middle management - you might be surprised.

"Horrible leadership - No vision"

Current Employee - IT/Business in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - IT/Business in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is decent
    Good co-workers in immediate group
    Benefits are decent
    Good location
    Salary

Cons

Leadership outsources to people with no direct experience in a specialty area within IT
    The IT leadership engage in nepotism, effectively surrounding themselves in an echo chamber and reinforce bad design/leadership
    Do not support employees in a positive manner
    Do not offer employee incentives/reward employees for exceptional work\
    Culture of 'not my job' and 'i'm too busy'
    No one takes ownership
    Siloed
    Arrogance and egos abound

Advice to Management

If you hire a person to lead a major initiative, ensure that she(he) has the experience and knowledge to build it out. For example, ITSM. Knowledge of healthcare applications such as EPIC does not mean that person has the ability/experience to implement ITSM platforms.
    Also, if you notice that a particular area, for example, ITSM, which has highly paid folks has a very high turnover rate, maybe you should actually fire the 'leader' not just continue taking away direct reports/responsibility.

"Working for them is disappointing"

Pros

There are no pros for working for them

Cons

I worked on a computer conversion project for them and it was the most unorganized project I have ever seen. There were days I went to work and sat around "just in case we need you".

Advice to Management

When running a project have some kind of plan for completing it.

6. "Not great, but not bad for recent college graduate."

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As everybody else mentions, basically all the benefits are nice. While I working, management was experimenting with flex-time, which allowed for you to basically create your own hours (as long as you worked 40 hours a week, and showed up between 7 and 9 AM every day). A very stable healthcare network that is expanding, so there is promise for more opportunities. There is hope for upward growth/promotions, but you have to be around for a while...

Cons

I was fresh out of a four-year college eager to learn, and develop some skills for my career. The job I thought I was getting was nothing I had imagined it to be. My work was very minimal, and management was reluctant to give me more work. I would finish before noon, and spend the rest of my twiddling my thumbs waiting for somebody else to ask for help.

I could have been just the people I worked with, but the office setting was very quiet. Nobody talked, mingled, or even joked. Staring at a computer 8 hours a day can be taxing, it would have been nice if they encouraged a more energetic, playful work space. A coworker of mine was told she needed to settle down because management thought she was too "peppy." I understand the point of that, but at the same time, you try staring at a computer all day and find a way to stay sane.

I felt very over-qualified for the work I was doing, which I was (high school diploma was the education requirement). the work I was doing was not challenging, and I wasn't really getting the skills I thought I would.

I was getting paid $15 an hour, which was not worth it for me. Leaving the company and starting somewhere new was more inviting than sitting through a tough pay grade for a year, all for maybe a $5 pay bump?

Advice to Management

Consider a new cubicle design to get employees more interactive. It's miserable the way it is now.

Also, I didn't really feel like there were any performance measures in place. To be honest, I spent a large amount of my day reading CNN articles because I would finish my work so fast. The fact that nobody ever said anything to me was perplexing.

"Constant reorganization had a negative impact on employee morale."

Current Employee - Practice Operations Specialist in Amherst, OH
    Current Employee - Practice Operations Specialist in Amherst, OH

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Supervisors allowed employees to take care of important personal matters during the work day. Management also allowed telework to take place.

Cons

Career development / mentoring for employees was non-existent. I was also underpaid for the great level of responsibilities I was held accountable for in my position.

Advice to Management

Organization must invest in its employees by offering career development and mentoring opportunities system-wide. Also, pay employees competitively.

8. "Invoice Verifyer"

Pros

Flexible hours, close to home. Pushed me to learn things I never thought I could.

Cons

Not very accepting of employees differences in life.

9. "A busy place to work"

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time

Pros

Reliable work schedule for the most part, job security, retirement, health care and paid time off benefits, variation in location at times, not your typical desk job.

Cons

Required on call rotation, overtime, long hours possibly through the night during deployments and installments, lack of advancement opportunities, no continuing education incentives or funding, minimal if any bonuses or raises.

Advice to Management

More opportunities for career advancement, continuing education incentives or funding

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Care-path EPIC Security Applications Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some benefits are good such as the 403b. But not worth the stress. Meet a lot of really good people, but they eventually move on. A good I between job place.

Cons

Teamwork is nonexsistance, especially with the carepath team. Everyone is trying to set you up for failure the majority of the time and leadership is the worst for making timely and pertinent decisions when it come to the welfare of their employees.

Advice to Management

Look at the over all scope of the employees needs and do what is best for them and you will have less turnover. Sometimes paying attention to their well being and giving them more of what they need, such as time off after large projects, and not expecting the impossible.