Cauldwell-Wingate Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Market leader, great benefits and room for advancement."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has evolved and grown to be a market leader over the last several years. This is a place where everyone works hard in a collaborative way to sustain success. Management encourages communication and feedback and has created a culture for employees to advance. They have employer sponsored training and education programs focused on growth.

Cons

Must be willing to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer as much training as possible.

Sep 8, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Much appreciated as it helps us continue to grow in a positive way!

2. "Good Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Construction is a tough but potentially lucrative industry. The on-the-job training, or learning by necessity at Cauldwell, is a big benefit for young people or those who will be working in construction for the first time. At this firm, compensation is driven by performance and results. In recent years, the Company has put forth a serious effort to improve corporate culture and employee satisfaction with solid results. This is a good place to build relationships with the potential to extend beyond working just at this company.

Cons

When there is pressure on a team or an individual to perform, relationships become strained and conversations can get heated. Employees often work long hours, nights, or weekends, sometimes without much advance notice. The corporate culture at Cauldwell is to be responsive to work emails or phone calls on evenings and weekends. Some of the construction sites are in remote areas of NYC which can extend your commute.

Advice to Management

Provide a steady stream of feedback to the employees. If somebody does a good job, they should be recognized for that right away. If somebody makes a mistake, it should be addressed right away too. The scheduling of night and weekend work needs to be systematically improved.

Jul 24, 2017

We appreciate and value your feedback. We continue our efforts to make Cauldwell Wingate a great place to work! Thank you!

3. "Opinion from the inside"

Current Employee - Assistant Superintendent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Superintendent in New York, NY

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*CWC is committed to and proactive with employee development: offering access to construction licensing courses through TSC and Red Vector, Grovo professional training, and college tuition reimbursement.
    *CWC embraces the Ideal Team Player mentality that lauds and rewards the 'hungry, humble, and smart' employees.
    *Emphasis on safety in the workplace, specifically job-sites, and towards the public with weekly executive safety visits and monthly third party company wide safety meetings
    *Great pay and benefits program including stipends for weekend and after hours work
    *Fun Committee that organizes monthly activities like visits to sporting events, city attractions, volunteering etc.
    *Lots of long term employees that are proud of the company and its reputation

Cons

*Could use more vacation allowance

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work- It's clear there's a positive driving force towards a common goal of growing the company that includes and values everyone.

Sep 8, 2017

4. "Great Company to work for"

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for. Office and Field personnel is great and the pay is good too.

Cons

There are no cons when it comes to working with this company.

5. "I couldn't run fast enough!"

I worked at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time

Pros

Pay was somewhat above average.

Cons

Though stated in as a "Pro" the pay is decent, but they milk you to the bone. They hire you stating work hours are 8:30-5, yet somehow expect you to be at work "because everyone else is" at 7am, and when you leave at 5-5:30, they make it seem like you're taking half day off.

The culture and company is by far the worst I've ever worked in through my 18 year career. They have terrible upper management with poor leadership skills (everyones a VP if you look at their website). They DEFINITELY have formed their own "boys club" so theres all sorts bad practices going on, and they all seem to proceed as if its acceptable because they have formed this clique. Theres no true leadership from them with valuable learnings in the field. They seem to just want to hire people to vent their anger towards, fetch, and thats it.

There are really nice people otherwise under the overwhelming pack of VPs.

Advice to Management

Though I don't think anything will change because it seems acceptable in the field to treat people the way you do, money matters right? We all know that. But at some point, isn't it worthy to be great mentors as well and expand? It starts from the foundation of how the company culture is built.

Sep 8, 2017

We are always interested in feedback, both negative and positive as it helps us transform the organization in a positive way. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

6. "Growth in workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a solid workplace where there is lots of variety in work responsibilities. There are great benefits.

Cons

No quiet place to eat lunch but there are many great lunch spots around the area.

"Great Pay, but uncomfortable culture"

Former Employee - Mail Center in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mail Center in New York, NY

I worked at Cauldwell-Wingate (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits (at the time), company lunches, staff parties, excellent location, mostly nice people to work with (that were not management)

Cons

Corporate culture was atrocious, nepotism was rife, a great divide between the office staff and the folks that earned the big dollars.

Advice to Management

The little people matter too, and hire people that aren't related to the managers. Have managers with backbones that will go to bat for you, not let the executives roll all over them.

Jan 4, 2017

Cauldwell Wingate is committed to maintaining a work/life balance and comfortable work environment for all employees at every level within the organization.

8. "Cauldwell, great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Highly collaborative environment, employees are empowered, great growth potential

Cons

Rapid growth sometime brings growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cauldwell Wingate is in growth/change mode. Lots of good initiatives have been set in motion and looking forward to the outcomes.

Cons

Change does not always happen quickly so there is a lot of work to be done.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to and solicit advice from middle management and below. Develop current talent and promote from within.

10. "Rapid, Tremendous, Positive Growth"

Current Employee - Senior PM in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior PM in New York, NY

I have been working at Cauldwell-Wingate full-time

Pros

Family Feel
    Caring Executive Team
    401 K with participation
    Medical Benefits
    Weekend Hours
    Broad based portfolio

Cons

Somewhat obsolete management software but this is being looked into

Advice to Management

Management should keep going.
    Unfortunately some disgruntled, former employees have left negative reviews on this page. The truth is that this company is represented by a very broad thinking, academic group. This is a great place to work and getting better

Jul 5, 2016

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. We are always interested in hearing candid feedback from our employees so that we can strengthen our organization.