CauseLabs Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
T.J. Cook

1. "Passionate, committed and dedicated to the greater good"

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time

Pros

CauseLabs is family oriented. If you're an honest, passionate, team player - you can be here for a long long time.

Cons

CauseLabs tends to struggle to maintain a good cashflow through the year - which is obviously stressful.

Advice to Management

Be a lot harder on clients when it comes time to pay invoices. CauseLabs has created an environment of being too nice - which has been amazing, but also nearly detrimental to the company.

2. "A company focused on impact and quality of life"

I have been working at CauseLabs part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An incredible culture that transcends the buzz words, and delivers genuine value to the individuals and projects that are taken on. A meticulously crafted vision to truly positively change the world with every ounce of the company's efforts.

Cons

The culture of balance sometimes clashes with the rest of the world, especially in a capital driven market. These high impact projects don't come from the most revenue rich customers, but you won't end up working on UI for delivery systems for defense contractors or sugar water companies that have a neutral positive impact on the planet at best.

Advice to Management

Be bolder, have a bit more gusto, market the hell out of this company. It's a truly great company, and it needs to succeed over the others that are full of B.S.

3. "I look forward to coming to work each day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close-knit company culture, where everyone feels invested in each others' success. Projects that are far from mundane, and often push us to expand our skills and experience. At the end of the day, the work you do has a positive impact on the lives of others. Everybody has input into the direction and structure of the company. Visionary leadership. Remote workplace, which mean you can travel and still get your work done. Lots of rewards and recognition.

Cons

On occasion, we have to work under really tight deadlines. Evolution of the company structure means that there's often quite a bit of change.

5. "Fantastic work experience"

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Work from home
    * Positive culture
    * Respects my family and private life
    * Fun and challenging projects

Cons

No cons for me. Working from home can be challenging for some people, so keep that in mind.

6. "Great people and great mission."

Current Employee - Designer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has an outstanding culture and mission and I'll never forget my experiences there. The projects we worked on were all for truly wonderful causes. Each one was different from the last and presented their own interesting challenges. It's priceless to know that our hard work was making the world a better place. Around once a month we'd take a full day to work on internal projects which I always looked forward to -- some of them were outstanding including an idea for an app that eventually went on to hit the App Store and bring in revenue which was split fairly between the company and the employees who created it. CauseLabs employees are a great bunch overall and I still stay in touch with many of them.

Cons

Working remotely isn't for everyone. It was my first time doing it and I enjoyed it a lot, but there were times when I feel I could've done better work if we were in the same place. However, the company does do an awesome annual retreat and there are many occasions a group would be flown out for a week to work together on a particular project.

7. "Great work from home job working in agile with unseasoned leadership"

I worked at CauseLabs full-time

Pros

Good exposure to mobile projects and lots of work from home flexibility. Good team structure and role definition as well as a functional agile approach makes the actual work quite pleasurable and effective.

Cons

Despite a cool and transparent culture on the surface Causelabs actually driven by a nepotistic leadership team that rewards close friends over effectiveness.

Advice to Management

Promote people smarter than you not your friends.

"Amazing people and amazing experience"

I worked at CauseLabs full-time

Pros

CauseLabs is a fun, energetic, and rewarding company. Lots of great work is going on along with a real passion for how their work can change the world.

Cons

It's still a young company and has a road ahead of it to mature processes and engagement methodology.

Advice to Management

Focus on career development, marketing, and keeping the culture intact.

9. "I belong at HiDef"

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HiDef Culture
    Serving Great Causes
    Talented Team
    Innovative Projects

Cons

No cons at this time

"Cutting edge technology minus the good pay and backing of upper mgmt."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Flex hours, virtual company. Work with new technologies and mobile devices. Nice to not have to drive to work or dress up.

Cons

The pay is really low for the work we are producing. Mgmt thinks we should work for less since we are working for great causes, to bad not everyone believes in the Bible. Also if you speak up about an issue and the core team doesn't like it, they will not back you up. Core team only wants yes people.

Advice to Management

Mgmt needs to start backing up employees. Everyone believes if you don't say yes to everything core team wants you will be put on the short list to get canned.

"Frustrating and high level of struggle"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Remote work, flexible hours, challenging projects

Cons

dysfunctional management, inconsistent execution of work policies, lack of support of employees

Advice to Management

Be consistent with your policies and give more opportunities for employees to make amends when they make mistakes