KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 64 of over 69 reviews

3.8
Cavallo CEO   Michael Biwer
Michael Biwer
Pros
  • "and you have a great place to work(in 7 reviews)

• "Casual dress code and 4 o clock fridays(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains as a company and salaries are/were lower than industry standards(in 4 reviews)

• "I was not a particularly huge fan of how this played out in the work environment(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly culture, quality benefits, transparent leadership, and a positive focus on improvement and growth for the company and each individual.

Cons

Nothing of great significance for cons.

3 people found this review helpful

VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your kind words! We strive to be the best organization we can for our employees and are so pleased that you recognize this. Your service and feedback is appreciated!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great co-workers making the best of management's games.

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open office space for most people. Free coffee, soda and teas available. Games like ping pong and pool available for after hours fun. Nice setups with standing desk and multiple monitors. Great location. Nice benefits. Co-workers across all teams are always happy to help each other.

Cons

Aggressive management that will applaud you for great work but also jump on you for the smallest mistake. What management wants constantly changed while not every change would be communicated properly if at all. Micro management is a problem that shows little respect and trust in their employees. The games that were available(pool, ping pong etc.) would be played during lunches causing a noisy distraction for others. Although pay was decent for Grand Rapids, it was below what you see across the industry. HR is tough to get a hold of.

2 people found this review helpful

VP of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing details about your experience while working at Cavallo. If you are a current employee, I encourage you to speak candidly with your manager (or HR) to see if there are areas of improvement in regardings to communiciating management's expectations to the team. If you are no longer with Cavallo, thank you for your service and feedback.

3. 3.0

Mid-Management Needs Work, People are cool

Apr 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

*People: The team was incredible but because of COVID we were mostly remote. This made it particularly hard for the team to bond. Management is pushing to get people back into the office and insists that being onsite is the way of the company. This would have been very helpful as a newbie starting out. *Benefits: SalesPad did offer a lot of competitive benefits and HR does a great job walking you through best options.

Cons

*Onboarding: Management has invested in an onboarding system and it’s being developed which is crucial. My onboarding consisted of many hours of recorded meetings which covered the outdated version of the product. Beginning in COVID, and most of the team remote, this was a very disheartening way to kick off a new role. *Mid-Management at times: Management is made up of individuals who have seen this company grow and take big steps. However, this leads to a strong “how we have always done it” mentality for middle management. Upper management has been mostly refreshed and when I left they brought in a new C-Suite with awesome ties to our industry. However, mid management is often unorganized and not communicative. *Pay: The pay for the area is competitive, kind of. However, for the roles it is not. The base pay program was touted in the interview but never came to fruition.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

Good spot to start

Aug 4, 2021 - Tech Support in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Drink from the fire hose and learn a lot. Good company culture and lots of fun folks to work with.

Cons

Pay is not up to the industry standard. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Limited opportunities to move up within the company.

VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Having a smaller company size can sometimes limit an employee's upward mobility, which is why we have put a renewed focus over the last few years to promote from within whenever possible. Since then, we have had multiple Software Support Specialists move on and advance their career in other departments/functions within the company. I am sorry that you felt that wasn't the case during your time at Cavallo and hope that you are doing well in your new role!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Generally a great place to develop software

Jul 31, 2021 - Software Developer in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very product and sales focused, with a good energy throughout, just trying to make the best products for clients.

Cons

Quite a bit of turbulence over the years- the company has grown to 120 or more then shrank to just under 100 seemingly multiple times.

Be the first to find this review helpful

VP of Human Resources

I appreciate your long term service to Cavallo and am glad you have remained with us throughout our journey. We look forward to all that we will accomplish as a Team over the coming years!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A solid, forward-looking software company

Nov 30, 2020 - Implementation Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed environment. Knows what it wants to do with the software it writes and sells. Company really pushes for a positive culture and community, both for its employees and its customers.

Cons

At the time of my employment, the company was shifting from the 'small business' format to a more serious player in the marketspaces it completed in, which came with all of the growing pains that were expected. Top-down communications were a work in progress but definitely were better towards the end of my employment. Benefits were also a bit of a work in progress, but this may have changed since my departure. Opportunities to grow as a professional, both within the 'ladder' of the company across the company, but also with further education, certifications, etc. were also a bit sparse, but again, this may have changed since my departure.

7. 3.0

SalesPad BDR

Jul 22, 2021 - Business Development Representative (BDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don’t have any pros

Cons

Very little training or support

VP of Human Resources

We would value the opportunity to learn more about your experience while a member of the Cavallo Team and learn your suggestions on how we could improve as an organization. Please feel free to contact HR to discuss at any time. Best of luck in your next role!

8. 2.0

Tech Company

Feb 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Newly renovated building with a lot of open space - Fun coworkers and casual dress code - Located in Grand Rapids. It's a fun tech company with a Midwest, friendly feel.

Cons

- High turnover rate from quitting, firing, and layoffs - HR basically does not exist and is only there to serve the business, not employees - DEI is lacking - It's obvious that they ask for 5-star employee reviews, just look at the dates - The vision is constantly changing because the leadership team is constantly changing - Communication is poor - Management often jumps to conclusions and responds with emotion - Very little opportunity for upward movement unless you're in the old boy's club

6 people found this review helpful

VP of Human Resources

As you are aware, #SpeakStraight is one of our core values at SalesPad. We very much appreciate the feedback that you have shared with us - it's how we grow and become a better company. While we always prefer to read a 5-star review, we understand that not every employee's experience will be a positive one. It's unfortunate that we did not live up to your expectations during your time as a SalesPad employee. Having worked at SalesPad you will know that we strive to lead our organization by putting our people first. This is evident in the culture that we have created within SalesPad and the passionate,talented people who make up our team. Contrary to your comment on employee churn, SalePad's turnover rate is below the national average with many of our employees enjoying a long tenure within the company. Maintaining a high level of employee retention will remain an important initiative in 2021. I have reflected on your comment regarding the Human Resources Department and take ownership for the ways that you did not feel supported as an employee at SalesPad. HR is meant to not only serve as an advocate to the employees, but also a steward of organizational harmony between the people and the business. I would welcome additional suggestions on how HR can improve, since it's feedback like this that often drives growth. It is true that there are new additions to the Leadership Team at SalesPad, and they are bringing with them fresh ideas and perspectives on how SalesPad can improve as an organization. Change is constant in the technology industry and we ask our team members to be incredibly nimble throughout their journey with us. We understand the frustration that some employees may feel as SalesPad transitions to the next phase in launching our reimagined cloud offering. Moving in a different direction than one is familiar with in the pursuit of achieving a goal is always a difficult decision and not one that is taken lightly. The decisions Leadership have made and will make are intended to propel SalesPad forward and make it possible to achieve our long-term strategic objectives. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciated the time you spent being a member of the SalesPad Team and we wish you the best in your career. Sarah Ellis Vice President, Human Resources

9. 1.0

Avoid - Employee loyalty is non-existent

Feb 22, 2021 - Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a small business so you get to know people you work with.

Cons

New execs came in that changed the culture, this was a catalyst for the revolving door. It exposed underlying issues that were worsened during the COVID business environment. There was talk of creative ways to stave off layoffs early on including a pay cut for the top of the company, but layoffs (more than 25% of the company!) happened before that was ever brought up again. Many of those laid off had been there much longer than me and were extremely loyal - some were even new parents. It was really sad to see it happen. There are better-paying places to work in our metro area that treat employees better.

8 people found this review helpful

VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. The reduction in force that occurred earlier this year was a strategic decision that was made in order to meet changing business needs and to better align the company for future growth. While I understand this reasoning does not make it any easier on those employees who were impacted, all of whom were loyal, valued employees as you noted, the restructure was a necessary action. We hope that the separation package that was issued to all affected employees assists them as they seek their next opportunity. We appreciate and are thankful for your time spent as a member of our team and wish you, and all those affected, the best of luck.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company headed in the right direction

Dec 8, 2020 - Creative Marketing Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The entire team is driven by clearly defined goals that have us set up to succeed. By working together and constantly improving our processes, I feel the future looks very bright. SalesPad has assembled a group of very intelligent people. Our product is world-class, literally. Throw in the ping-pong and pool tables, responsive HR department, welcoming peers, and great benefits including 401(k), health, dental, vision, and more... and you have a great place to work.

Cons

The Coke Freestyle machine presents a daily struggle.

Be the first to find this review helpful