Cavalry Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Cavalry Logistics Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

Found 38 reviews

3.7
Cavalry Logistics CEO Bob King (no image)
Bob King
  1. "Fun place to get paid"

I have been working at Cavalry Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of room for growth. You can make some serious cash here...

Cons

Tough industry. You will deal with unpleasant people.

Cavalry Logistics2018-02-18
  2. "Call carriers to book freight for their businesses."

Former Employee - Freight Broker in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cavalry Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great weekly pay with competitive commission

Cons

Overworked and not very much encouragement

Cavalry Logistics2019-10-07
  3. "Left to pursue positions at two other Logistics companies, came back because they are the best. All Around Best"

Current Employee - Broker in Antioch, TN

I have been working at Cavalry Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Core Values are the foundation of the truly unique Culture. Care about People and changing lives, one load, one book, and one person at a time

Cons

Located in Antioch, TN Building doesn't even look like it fits in the location it is in.

Cavalry Logistics2019-04-23

"Inconsistency in Goals/Expectations"

I have been working at Cavalry Logistics full-time

Pros

Work atmosphere is great for the most part.

Cons

Politics - not all promotions or recognition are based on real results but rather how the “game” is played. Low pay, mediocre health insurance, no 401k match or direct deposit. Commissions have been reduced for some, not based on performance, but in an apparent effort to simply reduce how much is payed out. Expectations are all over the place and communication is poor across the board.

Advice to Management

Please have a more open form of communication company wide. Strategies seem to change almost monthly and many are left out of the loop. More effective and realistic methods of measuring employee performance should be implemented.

Cavalry Logistics2018-06-21

June 25, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and give your honest feedback regarding employment at Cavalry. We will address all of the issues you have brought forth with all levels of leadership, and once again appreciate your candor in expressing your concerns!

"Great For Training"

I worked at Cavalry Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training Commission Cool hourly employees

Cons

Most team leaders do not really care about you or the culture. Most team leaders have been there for 5+ years and are not the best leaders in the buildings. They have a cool concept with reading books for self empowerment but then shoot you down when you stand up for your self. They pay you the very bottom in the industry They make their biggest working population (brokers feel like nothing)

Advice to Management

Remember where you came from

Cavalry Logistics2018-02-09

February 12, 2018Recruiter

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your review! We are sorry to hear that there were aspects of your experience that were negative! We take the bullet points from your experience very seriously and will address the issues you have brought up with all members of leadership. Thank you again for the review!!

6. "Fun and rewarding for young professional, but you'll grow out of it."

Former Employee - RIP Opti in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cavalry Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tangible and challenging work, I was never bored there, music, the people are genuine, 3PL industry is just crazy all-around.... The camaraderie of everyone who works there is definitely special. People who don't work hard get fired, no freeloaders!

Cons

If you aren't interested in following the path that management wants you on, I'd suggest settling for a dead-end position or going somewhere else. But let's face it, every job has cons and Cavalry was a cool place to work.

Advice to Management

Ride or die

Cavalry Logistics2018-01-19

January 23, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback!

7. "High job satisfaction"

Current Employee - Broker in Antioch, TN

I have been working at Cavalry Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture, strong leadership, great training, and a focus on personal development. This company by offers a high probability of job and career satisfaction.

Cons

The industry itself is not for everyone. Carriers and customers are candid and can be rude at times. As long as you are good with people, you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Get up the good work!

Cavalry Logistics2017-07-22

January 23, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback!

8. "Great Company, Tough Industry"

Former Employee - Freight Broker in Antioch, TN

I worked at Cavalry Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong leadership, enviable and well-cultivated culture (a rare thing), strong on-the-job training and a pleasant place to come to work every day

Cons

The industry itself is a juggernaut of unpleasant people, strict deadlines, unforeseen issues, and unfixable problems. Not for the faint of heart

Advice to Management

Some of the best management I've ever seen in terms of truly putting employee growth first. Would recommend extending all job openings to employees internally; even if a more logical choice already exists, providing the forum for employees to put their name out there is important.

Cavalry Logistics2017-07-11

January 23, 2018Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback! Thanks for your suggestion! We have implemented a process in communication with the team for new opportunities. As a result we have been able to find the right fit as well as coach team members interested in different roles. Thanks again!

"Good place to start but not to stay."

Former Employee - Freight Broker

I worked at Cavalry Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training is second to none, great atmosphere and culture, fun place to work and develop friendships. Great systems, you will have the knowledge and tools to do what you need to do.

Cons

The pay is well below average, the benefits are also well below average. No 401k match, insurance was terrible, and no direct deposit. Great place to start but not to stay.

Cavalry Logistics2017-05-04

May 22, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are committed to creating a great work environment. We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve but wanted to address a couple of your specific benefit concerns here. This year we have extended our health benefits network and added new plans to accommodate our employees. We hope to have retirement contribution at some point in the future, among other improvements we'd like to make.

10. "Fun Environment, GREAT People, Apply Now"

Former Employee - Business Development in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cavalry Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Environment, people, opportunities to learn and develop business skills, lots of career advancement opportunities if you hustle

Cons

Base pay isn't as competitive as other similar companies (can easily be made up in commission).

Advice to Management

Following the process is great. Be willing to adjust the process with suggestions from employees.

Cavalry Logistics2017-02-11

May 22, 2017Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

Found 38 reviews