90% would recommend to a friend
(67 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible hours and sense of self employment" (in 11 reviews)
- "Flexible, choose your own schedule" (in 10 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule is always good" (in 8 reviews)
- "Decent pay compared to competitors, set your own hours/work whenever you want, weekly direct deposit, frequest bonus and pay increase opportunities" (in 7 reviews)
- "free food, a lot of free time." (in 4 reviews)
- "Low paying orders lots of traffic and parking tickets" (in 16 reviews)
- "Often times if you do the math we are making less than minimum wage when accounting for car gas and maintenance." (in 8 reviews)
- "No Benefits for full time" (in 4 reviews)
- "Square acquisition noticeably changed the culture" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Caviar and is not affected by filters.
Found 67 of over 208 reviews
Updated Mar 18, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Mar 18, 2023Operations CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
A very positive team lead by a very positive mission and company goal. Unfortunately negatively affected by the pandemic.
Great company to work for
- 3.0Sep 30, 2022Operations ManagerFormer Employee
Foodie culture, fast paced environment
After the DoorDash acquisition, the soul was sucked from the company and most of the good people left.
- 4.0Sep 17, 2021Bike CourierFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPortland, OR
I delivered food on my bike and that seemed to be the best way to do the Job (in Portland, Ore.) For the company the pay was good and it really motivated you to get out and close weekly goals to get bonuses which were pretty good imo.
They allowed DoorDash to "merge", pay went way down immediately and you couldn't work anywhere outside of the downtown area (i.e. beaverton,hillsboro) if your on a bike.
- 5.0Jul 28, 2021Hip Hop Instructor/ChoreographerFormer EmployeeSan Jose, CA
I love working here, loved my co-workers and boss. They were really flexible with everyone's schedule as well!
No cons that I can think of at the moment.
Caviar Reviews FAQs
Caviar has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 208 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Caviar to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
90% of Caviar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Caviar 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.