Cavirin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Good Culture with lot of rooms for career growth"

I have been working at Cavirin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New job opportunities are endless since current software is robust with latest technology
    Work remotely is available with clear deadline.
    Management is very helpful and always opens to new suggestions
    Huge Stock option and bonus plus 401k match is a big plus

Cons

Will update when I find one.

Advice to Management

Will update soon.

2. "High growth Technology Company"

I have been working at Cavirin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to gain experience on a technology space with tremendous growth potential. Seasoned engineering leadership encouraging the use of modern architectural, design, and implementation practices. Very dynamic environment, with opportunity to get feet wet on multiple engineering domains.

Cons

Since this is a fast-paced environment, not following best practices in doing the job will result in unnecessary pressure. People who are used to working in silos, will find it hard here, as team-fit and open communications are essentials Keep up the current culture of investing and encouraging great talent.requirement.

3. "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Cavirin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology positioned at the intersection of security and the cloud. This is the future of the company. Given today's world, the product is a 'must-have' for many industries. Very collaborative and humble atmosphere.

Cons

None that you'd not experience in other companies of the same age and size.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and seize the moment

5. "Cavirin Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cavirin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent workplace environment, challenging start-up goals, collaborative atmosphere and fast paced which i enjoy. Management is open to new ideas and I prefer their open door policy that fosters communication.

Cons

None that I've experienced yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive leadership and growth.

"Slow Slow Growth"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cavirin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent VP of Engineering and team

Cons

Sick time, vacation time, healthcare payments, expenses are all sub par for a Silicon Valley start-up. Not even close to the $10M size that they state they are.

Advice to Management

The investor should replace the executive team with season veterans who understand high-tech sales. Would have given Senior Management ZERO stars if Glassdoor allowed me to.

"Zero leadership!"

Former Employee - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cavirin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many pros. Great product and market space, but no strategy to move it forward.

Cons

The CEO just isn't a leader. I saw one review where the company came back with a response ".... It is unfortunate when workers have to be laid off or let go, but to leave people in roles where they either can’t perform or where their talents do not align with the needs of our customers is a disservice ..." Therein lies the rub! Why have the owners left the CEO in his role then? Talk about not looking at the cold, hard facts. The entire team needs to be realigned with some, ANY, kind of strategy and leadership. No one knows what the next move will be.
    Other cons: terrible vacation package not commensurate with Silicon Valley companies, expensive (and not great) health benefits to cover our families, low pay and long hours to the engineering talent, cheap mindset. Management has no clue that we are all on the lookout for better jobs and have an insecure feeling in general. It weighs on the atmosphere and nothing is transparent.

Advice to Management

Advice to management? Get some! Get someone in there who knows what he/she is doing and knows the space, how to manage the people and move the product. Stop burning money with wasted time and talent on product that should be an easy sell.

Cavirin Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Marketing

Hi - Thank you for your candid views. As we leverage a great product, team, and market opportunity, I'm sure you'll see some real progress over the next few quarters. Dave G - VP Marketing. ... More

"Great engineers......CEO can manage"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cavirin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hardworking engineers and mid level people

Cons

CEO thinks that having a Doctorate makes him smart around how to run a real Cybersecurity Tech company.....it does not. Hugely missed numbers last year....extremely bad hires.......low pay for Silicon Valley and investors are now micro managing company.

Advice to Management

Bring in a real Silicon Valley CEO who can take the company to the next level....and quickly.

"bad karma here"

Former Employee - Software Eng
    Former Employee - Software Eng

I worked at Cavirin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm appreciating pay for work. Company founders, funders builders take a big risk, I tried to honor by working hard.

I met good people and learned a few good stuff.

Cons

Always-changing leadership, with turnover in important position. Good leaders fired or leave with frustration. Company likes to look for the silver bulet, they don't focus on whole-company fundamental.

On technical software aspects, engineering leaders does not know to tell good advise from bad. Poor software practice, much posturing to look good to superior, those caring and trying to biuld good product get punish for any mistake. If you come to the softwar company, work to improve your bug-system profile but not to improve product.

Whole company lacks the street sens and likes cargo-cultig and buzzwords. They cut you down if questioning leaders -- just say the buzzword and agree.

In online forums I see this company start to advertisement alot for software work January 2017 -- do not b e tempt. Compliance was good field, Cavirin had the chance but to late.

Advice to Management

close company and dont wast everybody time and parent co mony

"Worst startup"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cavirin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many. Very small security startup owned by Japan-based company. Since it's a smaller team in Santa Clara you have more of a voice than with a larger environment.

Cons

Most developers are in India and you are required to work longer hours that overlap with India team. CEO turn-over has been high. Current CEO is the original Chairman because they could not find another new CEO to replace the last one. Product is poorly designed - not SaaS-based. Benefits are bad with only 2 weeks vacation and health care costs are very high. No pay at the end of the year when the company shuts down.

Advice to Management

Reengineer the product and improve the culture and benefits.

Cavirin Response

Jan 6, 2017 – CEO

The Chairman was put into the position of CEO based on his experience and vested interest in the company’s success, and this is not an unknown move. Like a lot of Silicon Valley companies, work is ... More

"Making a difference"

Current Employee - Vice President Security in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Security in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Cavirin (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with latest technology, surrounded by bright people, founding employees stand to make enormous gains as the company takes off, extremely marketable skills, frugal, focussed, in for greatness

Cons

If you don't have the skills you'll bottom out fast. You have to be a self starter and problem solver. These can also be viewed as "pros" because there's no ceiling on greatness

Advice to Management

Hire more talent so the best workers don't burn out