Cbeyond Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Cbeyond Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Geiger
Jim Geiger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Training is good for fresh out of school entry-level sales reps (in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment, great co workers, great break room/facilities (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Long Hours and demanding goals that could be difficult to achieve (in 35 reviews)

• days, door to door sales in burned out territories (in 13 reviews)

"An awesome work experience and lots of great people"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Cbeyond's corporate culture is awesome! Everyone is pretty laid back and there isn't too much drama or office politics compared to a lot of places. Everyone, including all of the executives, even the CEO, are given a cubicle and no office. We have plenty of conference/meeting rooms as a side bonus of this policy, but its nice because it emphasizes the culture of "anyone can talk to anyone"..

Cons

As far as I can tell, there aren't too many. There are one or two groups/teams that I know who can be less pleasant to work for, but they are the exception.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Their model is hard on the sales force but is the only great success story in the small business market."

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Excellent company stability and very reliable growth, highly competent senior management, and the satisfaction of being a member of a company that really is the very best at what it does, namely a telecom provider to small businesses. Cbeyond is the only telecom company in the U.S. to really master the small business market, and this is based on their unique approach to marketing.

Cons

Cbeyond's success is based on their insight that the only way to succeed in the small business market is to get feet in the door; no other marketing method works. They use a young energetic sales force, mostly right out of college and mostly female. While this ensures success at getting feet in the door, it also means very hard work for the sales force and a relatively high turnover rate. This accounts for the big disparity between sales force reviews and other departments.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"If you are willing to work, a great oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

This job gives you a great oppurtunity to learn how to sell. While the job is difficult, they dont lie about that. The pay is great too. IF you work. All the complaints are from people who want an easy job with no responsibility. There is a huge wealth of information and tools available to any employee. They have the best implementation system for the product they sell. So you can rest your head on your pillow at night knowing that the product will work and help out the business owners you sell it to. The benefits are great and the environment could not be better.

Cons

The first 6 months require a pretty heavy dedication to the job. But since most of the employees are just out of college this shouldnt be a huge turn off. When you get the hang of it, the job does itself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Stick to promotion from within.

"I loved working at Cbeyond."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

Pros

High Energy
    great environment to be a part of-great coworker, managers and clients
    Great product to offer
    Great training in place
    I loved my benefits!
    Great potential for growth
    I made lots of money (unexpected)/ that compensate for the long hours at work
    lots of fun over the weekend with our sales team

Cons

Long hours for work (10-12 hrs)

Advice to Management

Thanks for making me a better person and helping me to pick up my sales skills! Your company culture is excellent. I love the open door policy that is really practiced in the corporate.

"Great place to start a career if you are willing to work hard!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Cbeyond is a great place to start a career and make some decent money. If you choose to stay with the company and advance, the money seems really good.

Cons

You have to work long hours and you will be tired all of the time. Micro-management is another one of my pet peeves here.

Advice to Management

Put a little more effort in hiring higher quality individuals who are driven, and then just let us do our thing. I spend way to much time on the phone when my time would better be spent in the field.

"Tough But Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The work is hard, but it is well rewarded. I've been at the company for four years now, and I can honestly say that the opportunities for promotion are as good as I have ever seen anywhere. This is probably not the place for you if you want to coast and get paid for it. But if you want to work hard, learn a sales model that really works and be well rewarded for following it, this is the place to be.

Cons

There is no doubt that you are micromanaged for the first several months, but this is just because you are learning the system. As you pass the six month mark, you get more and more freedom.

Advice to Management

Try to find a way to keep the sales model intact but reduce the micromanagement early in the process. It may be impossible to do, but you should try.

7. "Fair workplace with plenty of opportunities to distinguish yourself!"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of opportunities to take on projects and present to management. As a woman in the workplace I appreciate all the guidance I've received from the senior level female leadership.

Cons

The company is still trying to grow from a small company into a larger one but is very good at taking criticism of that fact and trying to make it better.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open not just within your department or line of reporting but between departments to facilitate problem solving and collaboration.

8. "Good fir for you if you are willing to put forth a hard work ethic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Great advancement opportunities
    Great sales training
    Good culture
    Great company to work for

Cons

No personal computer for work usage

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because it works!!!!

9. "Very good opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I have a strong feeling that anyone who says this job is too hard or not rewarding enough has not worked any place else. Cbeyond hires a lot of entry level people that don't realize what else is out there. You can move up fast and make great money if you work hard. Yes, we cold call a lot of businesses, but how else do you expect to gain a lot of leads??

Cons

You work at a fast pace all day every day if you want to be a top rep.

Advice to Management

Those of you who treat your team members more like you are a mentor rather than a manager are more respected.

10. "Great experince!"

Current Employee - Staff in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in Gardena, CA

Pros

I have had a amazing experince here.I just finshed my first year here and I love the people first of all. They are kind and my direct supervisor was amazing. She was fair and let me be creative. Cbeyond has been a great place to learn, they give you a lot of responsiblity fast and you meet a ton of people. The best thing about Cbeyond is you will learn a ton about buisness and how to handle every situation. You build a lot of relationships and if you work hard and do what you are supposed to, oppertunity will come either internally or from the outside, no doubt.I almost didnt go to the first interview but Cbeyond was exactly what I needed at the perfect time.

Cons

Cbeyond was actually a great job. I learned a lot, gained a ton of confidence and really made a lot of connections. I feel super prepared for whatever my next role is. The thing about Cbeyond is two days are never the same. You will think you have seen everything and then something new will occur. It is high energy, high volume no matter the role and I didnt think it was bad because I was the new person for a long time with a lot of experinced established people but as we have expanded my group, all the new people have been overwellmed. I also think there is a unhealty obsession with shoes and purses. It is almost impossible to walk around and not hear about Shoegenie or purses.... but like I said, it is a fun place to work.

Advice to Management

ummm.......more money is always nice!!