Cbol Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Spencer Kim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good environment (depending on what department you're in)"

Pros

Great team members and willing to teach you and be patient at the same time. Always opened to help any one out.

Cons

The company's benefits aren't that great. The pay isn't that great as well.

"APM"

I worked at Cbol Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Life and work balance is okay.

Cons

The company doesn't want you to grow.

Advice to Management

show some respect to your employees.

"Bad Work Environment"

I worked at Cbol Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Great coworkers. Simple job

Cons

Do not work here because middle and upper management are extremely unprofessional and disorganized. They publicly humiliate to "motivate" employees in not making mistakes. The trickle down effect of public shaming starts with upper management down to employees.

Team Leaders seem to try to find faults just for kicks.

4. "APM"

Pros

good benefits, nice coworkers, you learn the entire cycle of import/export, good place to start as an entry level job straight out of college

Cons

upper management plays favoritism, location

5. "APM"

Current Employee - APM
    Current Employee - APM

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, generally satisfying work if you are interested in engineering at all. Great co-workers, generally relaxed environment. International business trips are nice, to meet the customer on the other end of the phone.

Cons

Management has no tolerance whatsoever of taking risk, even if it has a very high potential ROI. "Steady as she goes" is the motto of CBOL management, understandable on one hand but leads to complacency and stagnation.

Advice to Management

Listen to employee suggestions about new directions for the company, and be willing to "risk more".

"CBOL cycle: Start -> Promotion -> Get fed up -> Find better Job"

I worked at Cbol Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a good start If you have an interest in the industry. I cant think of any other aerospace company that would hire and train this many entry level people at a time. Take advantage and soak in as much as you can. Once you have gained enough experience you can "graduate" to the next job... (Lockheed, Boeing, etc)

Cons

Low employee morale
    High turn over
    The owner, Micro-managers, and Yes-men control everything (including how you walk and hang your sweater ha ha..)

Advice to Management

Listen and motivate your employees (your most important asset). Get rid of the slackers, yes men, and try to keep your smart hard workers from leaving.

7. "Leading Company"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Northridge, CA

Pros

It's a definitely a leading company in this industry and it has great training and we'll support for a newer in this industry, so it's a good start in for your career.

Cons

Limited promotion opportunity and narrow development

Advice to Management

Be the number one in this industry because we can.

"THIS PLACE WOULD BE 1000 TIMES BETTER WITHOUT EMPLOYEES LIKE THE 1/21 REVIEWER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

CBOL is definitely not the best workplace but to be fair, it is not as terrible as some reviewers have portrayed it. These reviewers and former employees are full of so much anger and biases. They are really part of the reason why this place cannot be better and they bring this place down. I'm relieved to know they are no longer working here. We rely heavily on our suppliers for quotes and pricing and would never jeopardize that relationship by being rude or unprofessional. We are constantly reminded to balance that relationship by not misusing our vendors. I have never heard of any managers asking their members to use their personal phone to call vendors. CBOL has been in business for 29 years with an expansive customer base. CBOL customers always treat us with great hospitality when we visit. Why would we do business with customers who look at us "suspiciously"? Work itself is stressful but knowing there is a great team working together with you makes it all worthwhile. I have met some amazing people here and they are definitely not the lowest of the low.

Cons

Immature, self-entitled, selfish, and egocentric employees who believe managers are on a mission to make them suffer and their fragile egos cannot take criticisms as part of the learning and growth process. Rude and disrespectful employees picking fights with other team members just to fulfill their own ego, then come here to write a biased and angry review.

Advice to Management

Screen your applicants better, hire people with better work ethics, characters and morals. Use the probation period to identify anyone who is not a good fit for the company. Be open-minded and welcoming toward each member's input regardless it's good or bad. There are many hardworking and wholesome employees who are here for the right reasons. Recognize and show them the company values them.

"Don't trust the fake reviews"

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

-Paycheck is always on time
    -Decent health insurance but it depends on which provide the stingy management wants to use on a year-to-year basis

Cons

Not sure where to even start...
    -The logic and business acumen of this place is an absolute joke. We're not talking about the mid-management not knowing what they're doing, we're talking about ALL the management. The only reason they're still even in business is because they were able to get in early to take advantage of overseas customers.
    -This place will literally make you dumber. It will make you question things that shouldn't be questioned (because it's common sense) under the guise of "that's what business is".
    -The "teams" are grossly imbalanced in that the amount of work you do compared to someone else on a different team will be ridiculous.
    -The above point wouldn't be so ridiculous if you were properly compensated; but, of course, you're not.
    -If you're a native English speaker, your English levels will deteriorate quickly and dramatically. Get ready to hear the pluralization of all words for no reason.
    -If you're not a native English speaker, your English levels will not improve.
    -Management is incredibly naive and ignorant on how the world works. They THINK they're actually doing "business" talking on the phone with vendors but it's clear that their idea of business is amazingly unsophiscated
    -To be fair, it's not ALL their fault, the industry seems to be somewhat like that as well. So be prepared to communicate with others who are also inexperienced and ignorant.
    -I am genuinely concerned for some of the people who work here that plan on staying because I don't see how this company will stay afloat in the coming years. There is no financial way to support the "CEO"'s inexplicable desire to "grow"(read: "let's hire more people for no reason") and revenue has been stagnant.
    -Their ideas for increasing revenue and expanding the business are laughable.
    -If the positive reviews are real, it's clearly written by the people who lucked into some BS position and are oblivious to the fact that they didn't earn their way there.
    -Promotions/bonuses/etc. are not merit based so whoever claims to have earned it are lying.
    -The CEO and COO seem to be operating the company using a Business for Dummies book. For example, the "team" ran directly by the COO sends their people on multiple business trips every year so that they can present a non-Asian face to their Asian customers. We're not talking about engineers going out to overlook the installation of some equipment, we're talking about people with absolutely no relevant experience or knowledge being sent out just to make it seem like CBOL is a multi-faceted company.
    -The HR department is headed by the VP of the company. Read that sentence again to really let it sink in.
    -High turnover rate due to unfair treatment and questionable ethics.
    -So focused on minute details while ignoring the bigger picture. This applies to everyone from shipping to HR to upper management.
    -For example, CEO doesn't want you wasting paper towels. The idiot walks around (not recently, to be fair) claiming that jackets shouldn't be hung on chairs. HR is super focused on people taking their breaks while issues such as blatant racism and cronyism go unnoticed. CEO and COO walk around shipping while they're busy to nitpick some tiny detail.
    -Shippers get treated like crap and are compensated as such. The sales team seems to think that shippers should do all this work while not realizing that no one is going to give it their all to a place barely giving them minimum wage.

Advice to Management

None. Nothing you can do at this point. The good people are already gone and you're trying to cover your behinds by hiring more and more. You guys notice how you can't even get any real applicants in this economy? Speaks volumes about the quality of your company.

There are fundamental issues with the way this place is run and it looks like it's not changing anytime soon so might as well just keep going.

"project manager"

Pros

pretty good reliable health insurance

Cons

CEO is definitely a micro-manager

Advice to Management

na