Ceatus Media Group Reviews

Updated Dec 25, 2019

3.3
Ceatus Media Group Chief Executive Officer David Evans, PhD., MBA (no image)
David Evans, PhD., MBA
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very Stable Position

Dec 3, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary per experience - Hands off management style (no micromanagement) - No questions asked for time off - Never stayed overtime - Freedom to experiment with solutions - Users provide great feedback with potential solutions - Since users are internal employees, it's easy to have a face to face meeting to discuss any bugs/issues - Coworkers are very helpful/friendly - Manager does not micromanage - Parking available in private lot - Company provided macbook pro for programming - Very organized deployment workflow - Time cards are managed by HR and you don't need to clock in/out

Cons

- Vacation cap is small when compared to other companies - Sick time does not role over, so it feels like a waste ending a year without using any sick time - Meetings can run long, and often times people get stuck in the weeds - Sparse food choices in driving distance (I've eaten too much fast food there)

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Operations

Thank you for taking the time to review Ceatus—we appreciate it! We are pleased that you enjoyed working with us and will take your feedback into consideration.

2. 4.0

A Good Start

Dec 25, 2019 - SEO Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned new skills, a good fit with the department

Cons

communication between other departments was not very strong, assignments were often held up, high turnover rate.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director of Operations

Thank you for your review--we know we have the very best, dedicated employees and appreciate their hard work and expertise.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work Life Balance

Feb 5, 2019 - Administrative in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family friendly company with an excellent work life balance! They even cover a portion of our family's benefits which is something I've never enjoyed with previous employers. Flexible with school schedules, paid holidays and time off as well. No waiting period for benefits. Nice offices, easy access and free parking. They seem to hire the best employees in their field. Co-workers have each others backs. They will take time to explain things and are very helpful and supportive to myself, each other and our clients. Everyone seems to work together for the success of the client and the company! CEO is very approachable and humorous. HR is very responsive and helpful. IT keeps everything running smoothly. It appears that the majority of employees stay and appreciate their jobs.

Cons

Well, it is a job.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of Operations

Thank you for your review and feedback. We really do try to make it an enjoyable place to work, that includes a healthy work life balance. We work hard for our clients and are happy to see that you feel the cohesive teamwork that permeates our company! We wish you continued success at Ceatus!

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A place to start not stay

Feb 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was given the opportunity to grow, learn, and network with quality coworkers. The health insurance/coverages were stellar.

Cons

There are not enough people on the teams. Not only does it seem gender specific in teams themselves, but I can personally attest to the fact that they expect the work of 3+ jobs to be completed through a single perso. If someone was hired on part-time to take on the more menial tasks, real headway could be made within the company. Currently, the way it seems, is that the company has peaked.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of Operations

Thank you for your review and feedback. We wish you all the best.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love the People, Company and Job!!

Jan 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Ceatus for 5 years and I'm sad to leave due to me moving away. My boss always makes me feel appreciated and always challenges me to be better and to continue to grow in my career. She is more of a mentor than a boss. The culture is professional but also fun, all of my co-workers truly care and are like family to me. Also the work/life balance is great and they will work with you in regards to life events. I became very ill a couple of months ago and the support and care I received during that time was nothing short of amazing. Being the one who helps facilitate some of the corporate events, I know a lot of time, care and planning go into making them fun for the employees, as well as, a consideration that it's also important to have for team building. I don't do it alone and can always count on someone to help out. In regards to my job, I'm allowed to speak my opinions and bring new and innovative ideas to the table. I've also had the opportunity to wear many hats, which has helped me be well-rounded. I think management is able to tap into employees strengths and they utilize them well. Team work is also a wonderful aspect at the company, though we are separate departments I can always count on support and collaboration. I think the CEO, managers, and employees are great and I will truly miss working with them all.

Cons

Honestly I have no cons, I've been treated with respect, kindness and it's my favorite job so far! I would recommend anyone to work here!

Director of Operations

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Ceatus! I’m not sure we can say it enough, our team is the best in the business and we are so fortunate to work with all of them! Our clients are among the most respected in their industry—the bar is set high and we are always striving to exceed their expectations.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard Work is Rewarded

Aug 14, 2015 - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm in sales, so i might be a little biased. Speaking from my own experience, this company has been very helpful and patient with me. Selling internet marketing to doctors is hard and I didn't make a sale for my first 6 months. I was ready to quit, but my mangers and fellow salesman were very helpful and encouraging. Eventually, I made that first sale and it gave me the confidence to keep going. Some people have written reviews that sales gets all the credit. This simply isn't the case. Sales does not qualify for employee of the month. The other departments have the security of knowing what their paycheck is going to be, where sales is solely performance based, which is fair. The people are great and overall it is a fun working environment. Get a nice amount of vacation days to start, which progresses the longer you are here. Solid benefits with matching 401k. Complimentary soda and coffee. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

I wish the stairs were accessible from the outside, since the building is only 3 floors. It would be nice to have a window.

8 people found this review helpful

Operations Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re glad you hung in there! Our sales team members work hard and we appreciate it. In fact, we think all our employees are stellar! They go over and above the call of duty for our clients and each other. Thanks for the benefit shout out as we strive to offer all our employees solid benefits, and encourage them to take advantage of our generous 401k match! Any communication process improvements are welcome—feel free to share your ideas and if you wish to remain confidential, drop it in our suggestion box in the break room!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Ownership, management and employees all create a family-like atmosphere

Apr 3, 2018 - Creative Director in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Ceatus for more than 5 years as the Creative Director. I enjoy the many relationships I have cultivated with co-workers and clients alike. I enjoy the atmosphere and the personal approach from top to bottom. It’s great that I can talk to our CEO about future clients, company direction, or college football rankings and matchups. Ceatus maintains a great open-door culture where management focuses on the success of the employee and a good life-work balance. Its fulfilling to work for an industry leader, where pride in our work is contagious across all departments. My direct manager provides great communication and feedback. I have been able to expand my design skills and experiment with new ideas, which keeps it very interesting. The social events are fun. Ownership, management and employees all create a family-like atmosphere.

Cons

Construction noise and some motorcycle noise! Take your pick. We seem to be near a supply staging area for the trolley so there’s no shortage of dust and occasional equipment noise. We’re also right next door to a Harley Davidson shop so exhaust noise has become a familiar sound but they do have some nice bikes.

Director of Operations

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about our company culture and personal communication channels. We strive to focus on the success of both our clients and staff, and are thrilled to hear it’s working for you! We have the best and brightest colleagues, and we have great clients. With regard to the noise, sorry about the San Diego trolley expansion construction work. Thankfully it is temporary and will give all of us more transport options to work!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Its not worth your time.

Jul 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you dig bagels once a month and awkward socializing for the employee of the month that is chosen from a small select group of people( If you are not part of the 'IN" crowd you wont ever get it) Quarterly meetings with apps and booze at the same place every time... The building elevator is very slow so you have plenty of time to admire your hair on fleek Coworkers not in sales or upper management are feeling your same pain and some lasting bonds will be formed All the coke you can drink :|

Cons

Morale is at rock bottom. Most employees are so burnt out they are no longer human while working, but rather, shells filling a space and collecting a dollar while job hunting. Anyone who has to deal with the top sales is in for a bumpy ride complete with back stabbing and royal tantrums. Phrases like "thank you", "you are doing a good job", or "you are appreciated" are non-existent "ninja firing" is a thing here. There is no review structure actively in place, or any kind of employee development methodology being used. So, you will come in one day thinking everything is status quo and be surprised with a termination. Raises don't happen, unless someone vital just left and you are the next qualified you might get a raise but its only damage control until they find your replacement who they can pay less. No growth opportunity whatsoever.

Operations Manager

Thank you for your review and sorry it didn’t work out for you. Our monthly Exceptional Achievement awards are meant for those employees who have gone above and beyond expectations—we have even given the award to multiple departments at the same time. We can’t really address “in” crowd allegations as we feel we have the best employees across the board, and everyone is available to win the cash and time off offered with the award, except our sales team! We are addressing reviews as well as suggestions for more formalized processes, although, to be fair, we offer high-end customized services for our clients which don’t always lend themselves to complete process standardization. We welcome discussing pay, reviews, feedback or any issues with HR or your supervisor at any time.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I’ll Miss Working at Ceatus!

Apr 5, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Ceatus Media Group full time for more than 3 years. I recommend the company highly. I got promoted quickly and received several pay increases during my time there. The company and my boss were very supportive and were focused on work-life balance as well as the work I was doing. All of my coworkers were/are great and everyone works as a team! It is a fun, friendly work environment and I only left Ceatus to move back to be closer to my family.

Cons

I enjoyed working at Ceatus and have no real cons. The company had great social activities like parking lot parties, picnics and off site meetings. So maybe a “con” would be that there should be even more so I could learn more about what the other departments are up to.

Director of Operations

Thanks for your great comments. We strive for a team atmosphere and to make all employees feel valued, as we deliver exceptionally high quality services to our clients. We are glad you enjoyed the social gatherings--you're welcome to join us anytime you're in town!

10. 5.0

Overall Great Experience!

Aug 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Ceatus for several years and think its a great place to work! My co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help and welcomes constructive feedback. It has been very exciting to watch the company grow over the years!

Cons

It's a fast paced environment and you need to be able to handle pressure and work efficiently. If your not good under pressure, this may not be a good fit for you.

12 people found this review helpful

Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback! Stay tuned for a BBQ later this month! UPDATE: Please see the photos posted to Glassdoor--see if you can spot yourself!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews