Cedar Park Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Cedar Park Regional Medical Center CEO Brad Holland
Brad Holland

1. "nine year employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

great community, fast growing, small town feel with advanced clinical experiences, competitive

Cons

middle management can sometimes be a challenge

2. "Weak leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice staff co-workers. Great ICU dept.; Director and Clinical Manager are excellent professionals. Great Nurse Educator. Awesome materials management director & department. Great experiences with vendors / suppliers.

Cons

Set up to accomplish unbelievable goals. Worked 65 hrs a week for months to accomplish. When burn out occurs, management doesn't support.

Advice to Management

Make up your mind. Don't back down when you get push back. Make a decision and have the spine to stand by it. Stop apologizing. Be true to your business model and stop being so soft. Professionals need to be accountable.

"Excellent growing hospital"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pay is very competitive with Austin area
    -Employees can use ER for just $100 copay
    -Still small enough to know most of the staff
    -Dr's are easy to work with
    -Nice, clean hospital and campus
    -Easy parking
    -Managers and Directors are always present on the floors and units
    -Le Cordon Bleu trained director of cafeteria

Cons

-If commuting from Austin, its best to take the 183-A toll road, which can add up overtime.
    -Cafeteria could use more staff; lines are sometimes long and/or slow

Advice to Management

Maintain the current culture and friendliness as this hospital is sure to grow a lot in the near future

Cedar Park Regional Medical Center Response

Jun 20, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review, we strive to lead by example and provide a cohesive working environment. We are also very proud to have Chef Brady in the cafeteria, he has plans in progress that should ... More

"RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cedar Park, TX

Pros

Great location, easy access and good management for the most part. I didn't ever see the people from the administrative offices. The management on my unit did listen to their employees.

Cons

I didn't like not knowing the doctors here. They have way too many on staff and so there was no consistency.

Advice to Management

Spend some money on the technical things, like the EHR. The computer systems are out of date and it is really hard to use. Make things easier for the people taking care of the patients. Stop buying and building stuff and invest in your people.

6. "Healthcare Employee"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staffing ratios, hours, scheduling, pay structure.

Cons

Work load, demand for extra shifts, benefits costs

7. "Labor and Delivery Nurse PRN status"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexibility of schedule. Wonderful physicians to work with. Very strong, experienced fellow staff to work with.

Cons

Pay is below Austin standards for PRN wages. Staffing can be an issue. Management consistently changing.

8. "New Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Pros

Great work environment, friendly staff, positive business outlook and growth. CEO and Sr Management Team focused on future expansion.

Cons

Continue to recruit and retain the right people into critical jobs to keep up with the growth.

Advice to Management

Spend more time listening to employee suggestions and concerns.

9. "Great people and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Pros

I have had nothing but a positive experience during my time so far with CPRMC, starting with the first initial phone call from the Recruiting/HR department and throughout the entire onboarding process, I have been surrounded by a great team and supportive managers. During my peer interview, the managers were very approachable and took time to discuss their goals and growth plans and I felt confident they would be a great team to work with.

I've never worked for a company that truly makes you feel like you are valued and appreciated the way CPRMC has done and it shows me I made the right decision coming here. The hospital is still young and may have had its challenges and growing pains in previous years, but it seems they are on the right track and I look forward to being a part of the growth.

Cons

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and my manager has been great at soliciting my feedback and suggestions.

10. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This organization has made significant improvements over prior years, in terms of recruiting the highest caliber of clinical and non clinical staff. The organization is very much focused on employee retention and offering competitive salaries. This is the type of organization that you feel valued and have a voice. In fact, i look forward to coming to work. It doesn't matter what our role, upper management engages all and truly cares about staff. I can not say that about previous employers! I have been here over 5 years and to see the transformation in all areas is a joy to watch and an honor to be a part of. I have no plans of leaving any time soon.

Cons

Some bad reputation issues from YEARS past that are completely irrelevant now, so many years later.

Advice to Management

Continue to strong leadership!

11. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cedar Park, TX

Pros

Great team work within the team.

Cons

Upper management is unfair, absent, unfriendly and cares for nothing but herself.