Cedar Sinai Park Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounting Analyst
    Current Employee - Accounting Analyst

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel very valued and appreciated. I am able to offer input and feel heard. I really enjoy my co-workers and supervisor. Feels like family not just an employer. Flexibility in scheduling.

Cons

Some recent turnover makes it more challenging until those positions are filled. Not as much cross training as would be ideal.

Advice to Management

Additional cross training for all key positions in the event of turnover or absence.

"In the midst of an extreme budget crisis. Patients are viewed as dollar signs."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful, kind patients and many warm and wonderful employees work as medical staff and in social services.

Cons

Executives tell us explicitly that their only priority is saving money, at the expense of the welfare of patients and employees. Administration knowingly misinforms family members about our staff to patient ratios. Patients are unsafe due to our constricted budget. Patients requiring one-on-one care don’t receive it because the facility admits that every penny counts and it’s more important not to risk losing money than it is not to risk losing a patient’s life. $$ before people should be their motto!

Advice to Management

Try to care even slightly about the patients and staff members and how your extreme budgetary crisis effects them and the reputation and legacy of this institution.

Oct 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Hi, this is Marty B, the CEO. I am sorry for your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about it. The view you were left with is counter to everything we stand for. As a... More

3. "Avoid"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working with my residents. Health benefits were good.

Cons

The person in charge of me had no nursing certifications, and was completely unsympathetic to how hard our job was. Work environment is very gossipy and toxic. Cuts to staff make it very difficult to provide the model of care promised to families.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified managers with nursing experience.

Oct 30, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Hi, this is Marty, the CEO. When I joined Cedar Sinai Park last year as CEO, I did so in order to help this strong, century-old organization meet the needs of its residents, patients and staff with... More

"Best nursing home in Portland"

Current Employee - CNA in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - CNA in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staffing! The Best I have ever seen for nursing home.
    Huge changes in the last year that have made all the difference in my work.
    I live close by.
    The management is low key and easy to approach. They just want us to give the best care possible.
    Cool building. Brand new.

Cons

Going though the changes and opening the green houses and post acute unit all in the last year has been really hard. There have been some screw ups but mostly its all of us working together to fix things that don't work. I have worked at CSP for two years and my first year was terrible. The management didn't have a clue about how to run a nursing home and the people they put into manager jobs were mean to staff. It was so hard to see many good staff leave.

Advice to Management

I almost left about a year ago and am really happy that I didn't. The changes that the new management have made are really good. I cant imagine going to work at another place. Kepp up the good work.

"Personal Growth"

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company provides wonderful growth opportunities and allows for you to reach your full potential. The company and community provided really backs the missions and ensures.

Cons

Some items take longer than they need, in order to be completed.

Advice to Management

Fire employees who warrant being fired, don't make new positions for them.

"Astonishingly bad leadership"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

Largely, the staff and residents are wonderful. The staff members are some of the most dedicated, hard-working folks I have worked with. Many staff members care deeply about the residents and the organization, even though they are completely unsupported by senior management.

Cons

The senior management team is the issue. The CEO is often short tempered and agitated and holds an obvious measure of distain and mistrust for the staff and management. He seems to struggle with the most basic principles of leadership and business culture, which in turn, drives one of the most intense ‘fear cultures’ I have ever seen in an organization. Bullying is rampant in this organization.
    The Administrators are equally as bad, often speaking badly and gossiping about staff, residents and families behind their backs. They actively cover up violations and mistakes and seem to be more focused on getting bigger paychecks and nicer offices than they are the care of residents. I have never worked with a more unscrupulous, miserable and incompetent group of managers in my life.

Advice to Management

Not going to offer advice. They won’t listen.

Jul 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Hello. This is Marty B. the CEO. I was recruited to Cedar Sinai Park late last year to re-invigorate the organization after several years of tumultuous change. It has been rewarding to listen to... More

7. "Lost the heart"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

The people and co workers

Cons

Management does not care and this place lost its heart

Advice to Management

Start caring instead of worrying about your bottom line

"Worst Management Ever"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

Coworkers and residents are nice

Cons

Management staff will never listen to you or make changes. The people guilt of this most are the CEO and the two administrators. They all walk with their heads up in the clouds and don't want to see the problems. No one cares about how the residents or patients are treated and no one does anything about their concerns either. If management can't even listen to the customers you can keep dreaming that they listen to their employees.

Advice to Management

Start caring.

"Unprofessional and Uncaring"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

The residents. Beautiful people who deserve better.

Cons

The leaders. They are self serving and love to put people down, even those they work for. I've never been around such a disgraceful group of people.

Advice to Management

None, they don't care anyway. I saw some very inappropriate behavior and they cover up for each other. The CEO is a very angry person, they seem to feed off him.

"Community Life Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

strong support from the faith specific community, new buildings opening soon, location to businesses in community, beautiful location/grounds

Cons

high turnover, inconsistent hiring style, scattered focus by staff, limited opportunity for advancement/training

Advice to Management

develop a strong well matched team with different strengths who are able to focus on the outcome and agree on the goals established