Cedar Sinai Park Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 26 reviews

2.8
Cedar Sinai Park CEO Martin Baicker
Martin Baicker

"Heading in right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

Finally they pushed out the administrator at the rehab. He was bringing down the whole vibe and the worst boss I have ever had. The culture is much better now. The rest of the leadership are truly amazing people and the company treats people very well. Employees are very valued.

Cons

Can be slow to make necessary changes and get rid of people.

Advice to Management

Do not let the wrong people stay so long.

Cedar Sinai Park2019-03-07

"I loved this place"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The residents are amazing, the staff is truly caring. I had a wonderful experience working at Rose Schnitzer Manor, the independent and assisted living part of the campus. I learned so much about working with elders. My co-workers (99% of them) were so great. Many staff members have been there for years and have moved up through the ranks. The workplace is mostly kind and respectful. Residents are treated very well.

Cons

Because it's a non-profit there is lower than average pay

Advice to Management

Find a way to reward the high performing staff and just get rid of the few bad apples. Board of directors, and development staff: be more engaged with the front line staff....

Cedar Sinai Park2019-02-07

"CSP"

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management seems to really be focused on the organizations mission and the staff seem to have a real passion for the work they do. They are very fair to employees and promote growth within the organization.

Cons

There has been a lot of turnover and smaller things that have fallen through the cracks seem to be resurfacing.

Advice to Management

Keep showing appreciation to all of the great staff who work together to serve our aging community.

Cedar Sinai Park2018-12-01

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounting Analyst

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel very valued and appreciated. I am able to offer input and feel heard. I really enjoy my co-workers and supervisor. Feels like family not just an employer. Flexibility in scheduling.

Cons

Some recent turnover makes it more challenging until those positions are filled. Not as much cross training as would be ideal.

Advice to Management

Additional cross training for all key positions in the event of turnover or absence.

Cedar Sinai Park2018-07-03

"Best nursing home in Portland"

Current Employee - CNA in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great staffing! The Best I have ever seen for nursing home. Huge changes in the last year that have made all the difference in my work. I live close by. The management is low key and easy to approach. They just want us to give the best care possible. Cool building. Brand new.

Cons

Going though the changes and opening the green houses and post acute unit all in the last year has been really hard. There have been some screw ups but mostly its all of us working together to fix things that don't work. I have worked at CSP for two years and my first year was terrible. The management didn't have a clue about how to run a nursing home and the people they put into manager jobs were mean to staff. It was...

Advice to Management

I almost left about a year ago and am really happy that I didn't. The changes that the new management have made are really good. I cant imagine going to work at another place. Kepp up the good work.

Cedar Sinai Park2018-07-02

"Personal Growth"

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The company provides wonderful growth opportunities and allows for you to reach your full potential. The company and community provided really backs the missions and ensures.

Cons

Some items take longer than they need, in order to be completed.

Advice to Management

Fire employees who warrant being fired, don't make new positions for them.

Cedar Sinai Park2018-06-13

"CSP"

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The CEO genuinely cares about people. He has meetings with small groups of employees so everyone is heard. Even came to thank us all on Thanksgiving. It is nice to see he is willing to work holidays like we do. You never saw the previous CEO. This one is always talking to us and residents. He is very involved. It is very nice to work with the same group.

Cons

It would be nice if the rest of management followed the CEO’s lead. The administrator could come during holidays or weekends to thank us. he doesn’t say hello to you when he walks by. A real sour puss who does not care. Any problem told to him is ignored. The new chef treats staff like they are garbage. He speaks about residents in very degrading manners.

Advice to Management

Pay some attention to how the bad seeds treat people and get rid of them.

Cedar Sinai Park2018-12-06

"The caring shows"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than a year

Pros

These are some of the best people I have ever worked with. The nursing staff really cares about the patients and the residents. The senior management team has made a huge effort to show their appreciation and for the first time I feel like I know what is going on in the company. The last CEO kept things secret and this CEO seems to want people to be involved in growing the company. He puts a lot of effort into making...

Cons

The CEO has told us that we are working our way out of deficit so times are tight. I think people need to stop complaining. It's so irritating to see the same people who complain not work hard either. It would be better for everyone to use their energy to pull together or to the constant complainers - just go find another job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The loyal employees know you are trying and we appreciate you.

Cedar Sinai Park2018-12-01

"CNA"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

The residents and some co workers are great to be around. The Work load allows you extra time with residents. Co workers usually work well with each other. A good spirit of team work exists.

Cons

Was subjected to abuse by supervisor and charge nurse. Openly bragged about being able to influence managements opinion of CNA's. Charge Nurse openly spoke out again LGBT's we were forced to participate in prayer, not related to the Jewish faith or custom. Certain charge nurse abuse staff and residence. Staffing coordinator helped cover up and ignore several HR violations.

Advice to Management

When more then one employee (CNA) comes forward with harassment claims, please take it seriously.

Cedar Sinai Park2015-04-21

"A decent experience"

Former Employee - Server in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Talking and interacting with the residents can be great. People who do not enjoy the presence of the elderly shouldn't work here. For anyone else, it's the best part of the job. Managers are mostly good people.

Cons

Dry, bureaucratic. Managers not interested in change. Not a lot of encouragement to improve one's skills/ get promoted.

Advice to Management

Encourage ideas from all employees. Even low-level employees can give valuable input, and they often have a different perspective, can can see aspects of the job and culture that managers/ supervisors may be blind to.

Cedar Sinai Park2014-07-02