Cedar Sinai Park Reviews | Glassdoor

Martin Baicker

"Community Life Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park

Pros

strong support from the faith specific community, new buildings opening soon, location to businesses in community, beautiful location/grounds

Cons

high turnover, inconsistent hiring style, scattered focus by staff, limited opportunity for advancement/training

Advice to Management

develop a strong well matched team with different strengths who are able to focus on the outcome and agree on the goals established

Cedar Sinai Park2016-06-28

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great dept. directors. Benefits were good for a non-profit. Great training.

Cons

Exec. Team are mostly from corporate America and their behavior shows it. I bet half of them couldn't tell you the mission statement. Exec. salaries and perks were outrageous.

Advice to Management

It wouldn't matter...they think they have all the answers.

Cedar Sinai Park2016-06-08

"CNA"

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time

Pros

The residents and some co workers are great to be around. The Work load allows you extra time with residents. Co workers usually work well with each other. A good spirit of team work exists.

Cons

Was subjected to abuse by supervisor and charge nurse. Openly bragged about being able to influence managements opinion of CNA's. Charge Nurse openly spoke out again LGBT's we were forced to participate in prayer, not related to the Jewish faith or custom. Certain charge nurse abuse staff and residence. Staffing coordinator helped cover up and ignore several HR violations.

Advice to Management

When more then one employee (CNA) comes forward with harassment claims, please take it seriously.

Cedar Sinai Park2015-04-21

"Residents and a few co-workers are the only part of my job I looked forward to."

Former Employee - Server in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park

Pros

Most of the residents are pleasant and I truly enjoyed helping and getting a chance to know them. I found it fulfilling to know that I could improve their lives by taking a bit of extra time to show them I cared about how they were doing. I also enjoyed working with many of my co-workers, especially those who were actually concerned with providing residents with a high quality of care.

Cons

It's been a couple years since I worked at Cedar Sinai, but when I was there group leaders spent a large amount of time gossiping about co-workers and looked down on those who refused to join in. Many co-workers who speak the same same foreign language will talk badly about other co-workers who aren't fluent in that language while that person present, even though company policy was created to stop this from happening....

Advice to Management

Be active in discouraging gossiping, and don't promote employees who gossip the most. Instead, acknowledge and reward the most hard-working employees. If an employee stays with your company for an extended period of time, that doesn't in itself mean they deserve a promotion. Care about customer service. Make sure to notify all employees if any last minute schedule changes are needed. Preferably, ask them if they're able...

Cedar Sinai Park2015-03-05

"A decent experience"

Former Employee - Server in Portland, OR

I worked at Cedar Sinai Park full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Talking and interacting with the residents can be great. People who do not enjoy the presence of the elderly shouldn't work here. For anyone else, it's the best part of the job. Managers are mostly good people.

Cons

Dry, bureaucratic. Managers not interested in change. Not a lot of encouragement to improve one's skills/ get promoted.

Advice to Management

Encourage ideas from all employees. Even low-level employees can give valuable input, and they often have a different perspective, can can see aspects of the job and culture that managers/ supervisors may be blind to.

Cedar Sinai Park2014-07-02

"Poor Pay. Promised Raises are really Empty Promises."

Current Employee - Server in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cedar Sinai Park

Pros

Sick time off granted. Other parts of company okay from what I hear.

Cons

Unsanitary Management doesn't really care about quality/cleanliness of food and food utensils.

Advice to Management

Care more about the product. Respect employees so they do care more.

Cedar Sinai Park2009-10-10