Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center President and CEO Tom Priselac
Tom Priselac

Pros
Cons
  • HR department takes a lot of time in providing offer letter and other required documents (in 4 reviews)

• Employees have to pay for parking (in 4 reviews)

1. "Regulatory Coordinator (SOCCI)"

Former Employee - Regulatory Coordinator (SOCCI) in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regulatory Coordinator (SOCCI) in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Exposure to clinical trials, Exposure to excellent physicians and clinical staff

Cons

Lack of management, lack of leadership, lack of transparency, favoritism, lack of maturity within leadership, lack of structure, lack of growth opportunities

Advice to Management

Management significantly lacks with development and leadership skills. Management lacks respect for their team and treats their team very poorly. Management does not offer opportunities for growth within the department. The SOCCI department at Cedars-Sinai has experienced significant turnover throughout the past 5 years. Many former employees have expressed concerns with HR regarding poor treatment and "boss bullies."

"Doesn't care about staff"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meet lots of celebrities, newer equipment and facilities are well kept

Cons

Management does not care about the employees. Everyone is easily replacement to them. No attempt at retention or being open to change. Give the illusion of being a top notch facility just to please magnet, JACHO and every other govt inspector. Staff as well as management are very clique, and fake.

Advice to Management

Start listening to staff concerns.

"Overworked"

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good, medical plan was cheap, nice 401k. Nice ppl but watch out for office politics.

Cons

In the beginning your schedule will suck. They want you to learn fast. Very fast paced. They do not like to give you 10 min breaks(which is required per law)!!!! The supervisor and manager ask you to not take lunch sometimes due to business needs! Anyway, I do not recommend this place due to being overworked and ended up taking anti anxiety medication every day! Now that I no longer work there I have a very healthy lifestyle and I am out of the meds.

Advice to Management

- employees are not robots
    - 10 min break is required in CA
    - understand when an employee asks for a day off they are basically telling you I am burned out.
    - give employees a day off when they request one.

5. "veterinarian technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

working in Research very rewarding with the animalsand their well being

Cons

sacrificing animals for the sake of research sometime can be overwhelming

Advice to Management

make sure you're fully staffed when your work with animals for the sake of the animals

"Social Workers continue to lose at this Medical Center ..."

Current Employee - Social Worker in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time

Pros

Pay is decent; healthcare benefits are good.

Cons

They continue to cut benefits for social workers so that "we're in line with other departments." In the past we received generous CEU days and reimbursement. We also we able to punch in a few minutes past our start time without having to fear repercussion. Now we have to arrive either before or exactly at our start time regardless if we've worked an hour or two or more past our leave time. We're salaried, unlike many other professions at Cedars, so it does not matter how much we work since they are free from having to pay us any overtime. They give us two CEU days per year and though we're offered reimbursement very, very few of us ever meet the criteria. Raises? If you work like a dog and do a lot of extra outside work, then you might get a raise 1% or 1.5% higher than others but it destroys the work-life balance concept. Naturally, this is all done under the tiresome platitudes that we're, somehow, so much better off. If it weren't for my colleagues I'd have left a long time ago but now it's getting to the point where leaving may become necessary. I here the nurses talking about a union. Maybe its time for the social workers to also advocate for unionization as well. Even if we don't like unions at least management will get what it deserves. Here's another platitude for management: You can dress it up but it's still a pig.

Advice to Management

Treat people like professionals and they'll act like professionals. Treat people like children and you'll get children. Management seems to think that social workers are dispensable. Let's see how dispensable we are when the majority get fed up and leave. Maybe it's time for a work slow down?

7. "cna"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

great health benefits paid time off ...........................................................................

Cons

They treat there nurses and staff like dirt...............................................................

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better they might stay longer and give better patient care.

"Certified Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money 17.25, benefits, discount at theam parks

Cons

You sell your soul, to be "cost effective", egos to stroke, read between the lines, trust NO ONE

Advice to Management

Mean what you say and say what you mean, even to the little people, be observant to what people are REALLY like

"Think twice"

Current Employee - Surgical Technician III in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Surgical Technician III in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and benefits, plenty of room for growth.

Cons

Constantly understaffed! Especially with critical care services, i.e. surgery (orthopedics, cardiovascular, transplant, and neuro surgery). Union representation for allied health professionals is sub-par.

10. "Worst Hospital in Los Angeles Area"

Former Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay for the work
    Good benefits with pension
    Great location
    Good cafeteria
    Dry cleaning on site

Cons

Stupid managers
    Stupid senior leadership
    Long hours
    Complaining patients
    Pay for parking

Advice to Management

Work life balance.

"Passionate Care if You Have the Cash"

Former Employee - Regular Professional Staff in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regular Professional Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Should you find yourself hired, you can expect reasonable salaries. Tenured employees are treated well if you remain on the good side of supervisors.

Cons

Often, employees are weighted down with too much to do and little time to do it -- bottom line, unreasonable expectations. The laughable part is that most supervisors could never finish the work themselves if they had to work. Most departments operate as political machines -- they don't care about the employee, they care only about self-promotion. There is no loyalty, no sense of family.

Advice to Management

Your staff can be your greatest asset if you treat them with respect and set reasonable expectations. New ideas may be great, but you need to make a reasonable assessment if these new ideas are manageable. All supervisors should be able to perform as well as their subordinates, if not better. Upper management must be fully capable of "working the line" alongside their staff.