KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Celadon Trucking Services

Is this your company?

Celadon Trucking Services

Add a Review

Celadon Trucking Services Employee Reviews about "facility"

Updated Jun 17, 2022

Found 6 of over 317 reviews

Celadon Trucking Services CEO and Director Paul Svindland (no image)
Paul Svindland

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Gain a ton of knowledge about the industry and you will work with great people that treat you like family.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Good work environment.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers on the floor.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Medical facility and cafeteria onsite.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Lots of good people who work there.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "facility"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Shady

May 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay, friendly fellow employees, good perks (cafe, workout facility)

Cons

A revolving door in all departments.Management is either right out of high school or don't know the industry or (Sales) in general. Beware of many empty promises & questions that are unanswered or ignored. Little to no parking available so you always have to get to work early to beat someone for a spot. If you are in the 5% that went to college with someone that is a manager you will fit in, other wise watch your back. They try to screw you out of commissions & are very shady about it when asked.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Just number, listen to the reviews

Mar 17, 2019 - OTR Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Orientation and my trainer were my best thing from the company. They put you in your own room and there is a gym and cafeteria, it's their own facility.

Cons

The truck had issues right away, not paid for actual milage, terrible communication between you and dispatch, and school reimbursement is a chore to set up. I had to call over 5 separate times, even after everything is submitted in orientation.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0

Not a quality employer

Aug 13, 2015 - CSM (Customer Service Manager) in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sustainable business while market stays strong Upward mobility is possible if you have a degree from Franklin or Butler On site medical facility and cafeteria

Cons

Benefits are terrible Treatment of employees is consistently bad Positive reinforcement is given to less talented individuals based with more social contacts within the company International trucks are unreliable and unable to perform well on some loads Driver dorms are pre-fab rooms without windows like a jail cell Driver managers are overworked and unable to provide new drivers with adequate support for them to succeed Office positions will be overworked, underpaid, and overlooked Compensation and benefits are substandard for the transportation industry and Indianapolis metro area Preferential treatment given to younger employees

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Manager

Nov 22, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing Acquiring Nice facility Frat like environment Industry leader

Cons

When you reach your late 40s, they are done with you unless you've made it into their fraternity.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

If they reach out, Don't respond

Mar 23, 2017 - HRIS Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medical facility and cafeteria onsite. Weekends off lol

Cons

First and foremost I'd like to say I was quite excited to start working at Celadon when I got the offer. I was looking forward to being out of a call center environment but I quickly regretted leaving my previous place of employment. There was absolutely no formal training over the system I am supposed to be learning whatsoever. For the first 12 weeks working there, I did not have my own cubicle/desk, I was sitting at a desk that belonged to someone on maternity leave. Anyone who wants to be a manager can be a manager.. The company is supposedly a billion dollar organization but from the looks of the technology hardware you would not be able to tell. The monitors, keyboards, laptops, and docking stations are antiquated, you're disqualified for a wireless headset if you're not walking around talking all day. I think its really unfair to tell employees they cannot get a wireless headset unless they are walking and talking due to the budget when CEOs are taking home biweekly paychecks over 8K and Directors and VPs make over 100K a year, but that's the 1% for ya! Maybe the salaries of these individuals need to read readjusted so the company can at least get some new tech hardware. Lastly, the lack of diversity is alarming, about 80% of this organization is white, Go figure.The benefits suck, you're better off applying for Obamacare.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Watch out for Lease purchace

Oct 14, 2017 - Lease Operator in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Dispatch but all calls go through a single 800 number. Was or are building a new Headquarters just east of Indy and looks to be a nice facility when done

Cons

Try to sell you on leasing a 2012 Prostar with the Maxxforce engine and yes they push this deal hard. Sleep in a dorm room with another person. I did not meet Eye to Eye with my room mate till 3rd day luckily he was from Baltimore MD and was a great guy. To many sub companies in one company. Celadon Trucking and Osborne to name 2 and way to much animosity between companies. Yard in Indy and Waxahachie TX are stuffed with trucks and trailers to the point there useless to go into. Richmond VA and Kernsville NC are not bad pleanty of room to get aroung just watch for sharp Concrete in dirt drop lots for empties.

Be the first to find this review helpful