Celebrity Cruises Chef De Partie Reviews | Glassdoor

Celebrity Cruises Chef De Partie Reviews

Found 2 reviews

2.0
Michael Bayley

"Great for travel but poor for decent food service operations/ 6month contracts"

Current Employee - Chef De Partie in Miami, FL

I have been working at Celebrity Cruises for more than 4 years

Pros

Being able to travel to 20+ countries, meet and work with many nationalities. Here you can save the cash money that is paid by-weekly or wire it to bank account. Your social life will increase greatly as to the every night parting that goes on. :}

Cons

Some Downers are the 7 days/ 12hr shifts that a must for F&B. Shared cabins for no management, and the single cabins are also small flip down bunks. 80 percent of the management new little about food and did not want the next person to know anything that might compete with him or her. If you are American most people want to see you fail. Out of 640 F&B only 1 or 2 would be American. :{

Advice to Management

Stop working backwards. Stop lying to the workers about food and procedures. Learn about USPH do's and don'ts ... and Retire

Celebrity Cruises2013-04-11

"chef de partie"

Current Employee - Chef De Partie in Montego Bay

I have been working at Celebrity Cruises

Pros

I get to see the world learn many different cultures cook different time of food from many countries meet many people in with different cooking techniques

Cons

your family can't call I most of the time you are away from your wife an children you get home sick

Advice to Management

I am chef de partie. That can work in hot and could kitchen including baking I also supervise freakfast I also no about how to control food cost

Celebrity Cruises2015-09-24