Celebrity Cruises Youth Counselor Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Bayley
  1. "Youth Counselor"

Current Employee - Youth Counselor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Celebrity Cruises for more than 6 years

Pros

You have a good salary, good benefits and you get to go around the world. You get to visit many places with the ship and usually you have the mornings off because the kids go out with the parents. And depending on the manager you could have a wonderful contract or not too bad one.

Cons

You never leave your workplace so even if the job is not that tiring you get exhausted. They can call you anytime and get short or long your contract. The schedule could change and you cannot complain because "that is ship life"

Advice to Management

Everyship and every contract its a new adventure. They should really put the same procedures and the same values in everyship, the job always depend on the manager on board and the staff captain, Hotel director and Captain. I understand that they have the privilege to manage theirown place but it shouldnt be that different from ship to ship.

Celebrity Cruises2018-01-18
  2. "Youth Counselor"

Current Employee - Youth Counselor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Celebrity Cruises for more than 2 years

Pros

Possibility to travel around the world.

Cons

Live on a ship it's not easy.

Celebrity Cruises2017-06-15

"Working on a cruise ship is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Youth Counselor

I have been working at Celebrity Cruises

Pros

With nine ships in the fleet of Celebrity I have been very lucky to experience the many itineraries of the world. Working on Celebrity feels like one big family and it is always nice to see familiar faces going from ship to ship. Also having a couple ID has been great so that my boyfriend and I can be together at sea.

Cons

The compensation for the work that I do is very low. Yes, accommodation on the ship I don't pay for or food, but still. Working every day on the ship with no days off and always being "on' was very exhausting for me my last contract. I'm a really good saver but after looking at my bank statement after the eight months of hard work I still cannot believe my salary. After completion of your contract on the ship you are...

Advice to Management

Not micromanaging people and get rid of your "macho" attitudes. My goodness!

Celebrity Cruises2016-08-11