Celebrity Cruises "hard work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Celebrity Cruises Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Found 136 reviews

3.8
Michael Bayley
Pros
  • "You get to meet people from over 56 nationalities(in 14 reviews)

• "You have a good salary, good benefits and you get to go around the world(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "work long hours but absolutely worth it(in 20 reviews)

• "Very stressful work with long working hours(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews

"Working on a cruise ship is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Youth Counselor

I have been working at Celebrity Cruises

Pros

With nine ships in the fleet of Celebrity I have been very lucky to experience the many itineraries of the world. Working on Celebrity feels like one big family and it is always nice to see familiar faces going from ship to ship. Also having a couple ID has been great so that my boyfriend and I can be together at sea.

Cons

The compensation for the work that I do is very low. Yes, accommodation on the ship I don't pay for or food, but still. Working every day on the ship with no days off and always being "on' was very exhausting for me my last contract. I'm a really good saver but after looking at my bank statement after the eight months of hard work I still cannot believe my salary. After completion...

Advice to Management

Not micromanaging people and get rid of your "macho" attitudes. My goodness!

Celebrity Cruises2016-08-11

"Get money and leave"

Former Employee - Assistant Waitress in Miami, FL

I worked at Celebrity Cruises full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

International experience, ability to travel and see many different countries, make friends around the world, learn different cultures. Most of the crew is from 21 to 40 years old, interesting parties in crew bar almost every day. Possiblity to save money, as you don't pay taxes, life and nutrition also free.

Cons

Hard work, many hours, lack of free time and sleep, 6 months without a day off. Closed space like in prison in the non-habitant island. Even the company has harassment policy, it doesn't work because you cannot prove anything. So even if 8 people write a complain for the manager, HR doesn't do anything. After leaving I found out that many people had resigned because of him and...

Advice to Management

Get independent auditors and psychologists to work on the ships and make anonymus questionnaires for the crew, take into account what they say. May be then they will take care better of the guests and the suicide rate onboard will decrease.

Celebrity Cruises2016-02-23

"Great ships - Lousy management"

Former Employee - ILounge Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Celebrity Cruises for more than 2 years

Pros

Ships are innovative with great itineraries and crew working is excellent. Many things to do and see, many different cultures to get to know.

Cons

Management and politics. They are non responsive, stuck on politics, looking to get them selves all the credit for your hard work, never praising, and have nickle and dime mentality. They treat crew in an awful manner.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone like they are your family member. Treat them as you want to be treated, treat them like you treat guests. They are the ones that make you money and interact with guests. Show some respect and gratitude for hard work and listen once in a while. You just might get to keep the best ones before they run.

Celebrity Cruises2015-10-19