project team support excellent with good people
travel .. lots of travel but good
I have been working at Celerant Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)
- Interesting product; operational improvement that is made sustainable by behavioral change.
- The values of the firm are not just a corporate boiler plate - employees do live by them day to day. Also an important way consultants engage with clients.
- Have a broad functional expertise. Not just a one tricky pony consultancy.
- Lot's of brainy people knocking about.
- Global coverage. Travel to unusual places.
- New European CEO seems like the right guy for the job.
Management come from a engineering background which sometimes means they are not the most dynamic and commercially aware people in the world. This can be an issue with employee motivation and effective leadership.
This has lead to a lack of direction and bad hires by mid and senior management causing Celerant have spurts of success then periods stagnation.
A lot of this came from founder and CEO who has now left. A lot the senior management who were hired and promoted by him have been found out since the Hitachi acquisition - although there is a lot of dead wood still lurking.
Hitachi consulting acquisition - increase our functional expertise - but what are the real synergies? Very different culture of IT consulting. Their value add is the software etc. Our value add is the people. Very easy to spot a Celerant employee and Hitachi employee. Celerant staff seem to be of a much higher calibre.
Advice to Management
Keep one eye on staff motivation and leadership.
Make sure Hitachi don't do anything silly (e.g. change compensation) - a lot of people will leave.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?