Celergo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Timothy P. Callahan

"Fun Place if you can handle the pace"

Former Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Very fun work environment, casual, fast paced and encourages autonomy and decision making.

Great direct manager for my department, great people overall.

Above average comp. and benefits

Cons

Work load could get out of control very easily

Very high turn-over and lots of entry level people

Sep 14, 2016 – HR Manager

We really appreciate your feedback. It sounds like you have a good connection with your manager and your overall experience has been a positive one. If you have any ideas on how we can continue to ... More

"Great place to launch a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Celergo is a great place to launch a career. Every person is given the tools to mold their own future at the company. Colleagues are great, most are extremely helpful in difficult situations and will help your troubleshoot to find the best solution. If you work hard, you can move up quickly. Everyone is encouraged to voice what they are interested in. There are sub projects anyone can be a part of if they are interested. Having a positive attitude and ability to handle stress is key based on the industry. The company tries to create fun events for people to get to know each other out of the "work setting." If you are a hard worker, critical thinker, and looking for somewhere to make your mark...there are plenty of opportunities.

Cons

Deadline driven environment can be stressful at times, but that is the industry. If you do not like working with deadlines than the payroll industry might not be for you. There are times of the month where long hours are required, again based on the deadlines and industry. Supervisors/Managers are flexible when it comes to long hours. If you had to work 3 hours of overtime the night before, communicate that and they will ensure you get time off on a different day. It's hard work at times, but many many people have proven that hard work pays off.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to increase efficiency. People need tools, processes, and systems that work well all the time. Continue to promote from within and look for people committed to this company to contribute to the future.

Jun 16, 2016 – --

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad you recognize that hard workers can create and find opportunities at Celergo. We courage you continue sharing your ideas with your manager and/or ... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Celergo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, good benefits, job security (assuming you actually do the work) and useful resources available to all employees. Fun environment and great company that gives back to their employees. Room to grow.

Cons

Honestly, I personally don't see any downsides that come from working here. The only thing I can think of for anyone else working here is the fact that the work here is hard but again, I don't see a problem with that.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to upgrade hardware, software, etc. The more efficient we are, the more work we can get done and the happy you are.

Jun 6, 2016 – -

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you are having a good experience with Celergo and we appreciate your hard work. Have a great day.

"Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Celergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company! Excellent solution, great people, and the management is phenomenal. I am so happy I made the move and selected Celergo!

Cons

You will work very hard, but will be appreciated. If you are looking for a company that you can make a difference at...look no further.

May 23, 2016 – -

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you are a part of the Celergo family and we look forward to you future success. Have a great day!

"Anonymous"

Pros

Great culture. Impressive onboarding and training. Growing company with great people!

Cons

I don't see cons. Company is working hard to improve & grow.

"Fantastic Place to Start and Build Your Career"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Celergo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment in Celergo is very warm and family oriented. Fun work place with supportive management, focused on building a great product and a great culture. Strong leadership. You honestly can't ask for a better job. Everyone needs to work for Celergo! If you're thinking about applying; stop thinking and apply. Celergo is not only a great place to begin any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career.

Cons

Probably there are negatives that I have been fortunate enough to not to run into, but I can only speak about joyful experience working for Celergo.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture. As we expand is it already very difficult to get to know new team members. Keep making the effort to keep the family feel!

May 23, 2016 – -

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased that you have found a supportive and welcoming culture as you have joined the Celergo family. Have a great day!

"Accounting Clerk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Celergo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

possibility for graduates to get job

Cons

not having same goals for employees in same company

"Full time employee"

Pros

Great people to work with and always ready to help each other! Good place to start your career, with lots of learning opportunities and international exposure.

Cons

Payroll environment is very unpredictable and the processing time can get quite intense with the deadlines. Time zone differences can also be challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team members who go above on beyond with their job responsibilities. Provide more training opportunities.

May 23, 2016 – -

Hi, thank you for the feedback. We are happy that you are enjoying the Celergo culture and finding a variety of opportunities. We appreciate your hard work and commitment to meet the payroll ... More

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I worked at Celergo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with client services team for about a year and gained valuable experience while dealing with international clients.

Fun team
    Highly educated
    Very diverse
    Opportunities for international travel

Cons

It can get boring doing the same work again and again. One needs to be creative to improve processes.

Advice to Management

Provide career-oriented training to employees. They are well educated and need direction.

May 19, 2016 – -

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased that you gained some valuable experience and had the opportunity to interact with international clients. We will continue to expand our training program ... More

"Client Service Team"

I have been working at Celergo full-time

Pros

Energetic and versatile work place. Great people who support one another. Good place to start your career and gain business professionalism. There is career growth potential for anyone who is committed and ambitious.

Cons

Processing payroll can be cyclical which can become monotonous, but with global payroll it provides a lot of learning opportunities while trying to manage international time zone differences.

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback from the team to make process improvements and efficiencies.