Celerity Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2020

4.1
Celerity CEO Ken Quaglio
Ken Quaglio
Pros
  • "Celerity engages & cares about their employees(in 40 reviews)

• "There are quarterly happy hours where I've been able to meet many of the other Celerity consultants in my area(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons when working for Celerity(in 5 reviews)

• "There were quite a few consultants that has worked for them that once their contract ended, they no longer heard from this consulting firm(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Celerity full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is hands down, one of the best companies I've ever worked for.. they truly do invest into their employees and their development.. they routinely bring in outside consultants to help develop their staff and their personal/professional development.. the annual performance management program is excellent and one of the most lucrative out there in the market ... they go out of their way to find things to celebrate .. new employees joining, people's achievement, etc .. free food all the time ... happy hours all the time .. this is one of the best culture's I've ever been apart of .. and I'll echo some of the other comments here... I've never worked with a smarter group of people in my 15 year career .. there is nothing to think about before joining this group

Cons

We do operate as a start up so the growing pains that come along with that but its expected

October 23, 2019VP/People Care

Thank you for sharing your Celerity experience! Good to hear that you have found many positive aspects to your Celerity worklife! Please continue to keep us informed as to how we are doing as we recognize the importance of striving to make each day better.

2. "Great work life balance and benefits"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Celerity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Healthcare and perks, good salary, flexible work environment

Cons

Lots over turnover, but not really a bad thing.

November 26, 2019VP/People Care

Thank you for taking the time to share what you like about your experience at Celerity. Our business succeeds because of the People we hire and it’s important that we offer meaningful benefits including a flexible workplace. As you noted, turnover is not really a bad thing. At times, our People do leave. Whether they found a position more in alignment with their career path or their client engagement has ended, our goal is that our People are advocates to Celerity and speak proudly about their experience within our company.

3. "Great"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Celerity full-time

Pros

Loved the atmosphere there alot.

Cons

It is a startup though so growing pains.

December 17, 2019VP/People Care

Hi - Thanks for taking your time to share feedback about your Celerity experience. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our atmosphere as our People are the heart of our business. Maria

4. "Employee and Client centric firm poised for growth"

Current Employee - Client Partner in McLean, VA

I have been working at Celerity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vision/Values - CEO has led a transformation to be a consulting led organization that adds tangible value for clients. Company values are important to leadership and that includes being a nice place to work and make a difference. People - plenty of smart, savvy professionals that deliver high quality work and great client relationships. I must add everyone I have interacted with is genuinely nice, friendly and collaborative. Work/life balance - people work hard but expectations are realistic and the culture is flexible. Much less travel than large consulting firms.

Cons

Lack of focus - the company has lots of capabilities but needs to pick certain areas to focus on in order to drive higher growth Too humble - it's crazy but sometimes I get the feeling that people are afraid to toot their own horn here and talk about how good Celerity is to clients and prospects. I've never had that experience elsewhere - it's kind of nice but can be limiting as well.

October 23, 2019VP/People Care

Thanks for pointing out the importance of synchronicity between the vision (why), mission/focus (what) and values (how). These are important for Celerity's, our clients and Peoples' success as the alignment creates endless opportunities!

5. "Friendly People, Good Culture!"

Current Employee - People Care Coordinator in McLean, VA

I have been working at Celerity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are helpful and supportive. Plenty of opportunities for growth and education. Leadership is great and accessible

Cons

None I can think of!

August 21, 2019VP/People Care

Hi - Really happy to hear that you are having a positive Celerity experience! Glad that you see that learning opportunities are available and that you can reach out to your colleagues . Thank you for your contributions!

6. "Great People, Great Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Celerity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Celerity is a great company to work at. You can tell that the leadership team is passionate about the company. They take time to listen to employees ideas, questions, concerns..etc. Celerity is moving in the right direction and growing everyday!

Cons

I think management could be stronger and participation in events & fundraisers could be higher.

August 21, 2019VP/People Care

Hi – So glad to hear that you are enjoying your Celerity experience! Thank you for recognizing the importance we place on our People’s feedback. We grow stronger through our People. Our Employee Engagement Committee just recently brainstormed ideas to encourage participation in our Celerity Cares Program and Wellness events. We are hopeful that you will be seeing some positive change. Ideas are always welcome along with any input on how we can ensure our People are informed about their manager relationships. Please feel free to stop by and/or enter an anonymous suggestion in TINYpulse. Thank you for your time!

7. "Great consulting firm to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Celerity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture: great people to work with. Generous benefits and educational opportunities.

Cons

Typical instability that comes with consulting.

June 19, 2019VP/People Care

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your Celerity experience and for your contributions to our company! Our business is about our People as you help our clients thrive and Celerity grow.

8. "They will make a true consultant out of you!!"

Current Employee - Lead Business Architect in McLean, VA

I have been working at Celerity full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. You will be mentored by the most experienced folks in the business of management and IT consulting regardless of your own experience 2. Highly collaborative environment 3. True Work life balance 4. Amazing CEO,VPs and other leaders..you can walk into their office and brainstorm 5. Folks from HR, Recruitment and other Departments are very friendly and accessible

Cons

No cons experienced thus far

May 14, 2019VP/People Care

Hi - Thank you for taking the time to share your Celerity experience with others. Appreciate the positive feedback to keep rolling forward! Maria

9. "You Get Out What You Put In"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Celerity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Significant latitude for implementing your ideas on the consulting side.

Cons

You need to initiate and fight for time on people's calendars and it's boring if you don't.

May 14, 2019VP/People Care

Hi - Appreciate that you took time to let others know there is space at Celerity for individual thought and our People make things happen. You're right … some of our calendars do get a bit tight and it takes persistence. One of our goals is to decrease the number of meetings which should hopefully provide for more drop-in time. Thanks for emphasizing mentoring as our women@celerity affinity group recently launched its mentoring program, our onboarding includes a buddy assignment for new hires and Talent Management is piloting a program in Q3. Maria

10. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Celerity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Celerity engages & cares about their employees. They have a variety of employee events to encourage teamwork and provide updates on the company. They are friendly and responsive on questions or issues. They offer good benefits with medical, 401k with corporate match, vacation pay, and an easy to use online tools.

Cons

Typically a contract position is less secure than an employee -relationship position but many positions are longer term contracts with extensions renewals.

March 30, 2019VP/People Care

Thank you for taking time to share your Celerity experience! Our People are core to our success. Your suggestion is very timely! We have just launched a new applicant tracking system which will enable folks to sign up for job alerts. Best of luck to you!

Found 136 reviews