KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Celgene

Is this your company?

Celgene

Add a Review

Celgene Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Apr 12, 2022

Found 17 of over 580 reviews

4.0
Celgene Chairman and CEO Mark J. Alles
Mark J. Alles

What people are saying about Celgene

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits for full time employees(in 50 reviews)
  • "All of the people are nice and very friendly.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Great pay, patient focused, and quality driven.(in 25 reviews)
  • "There was a great culture(in 24 reviews)
  • "Very good Salary & Stock Options Compensation Package, although in past 12(in 17 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company to work for w/ the obvious corporate mentality.

Dec 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The majority of the people there are very nice. The stock options were great while working there. Pay was average. Work life balance was good, not too demanding. I enjoyed working with other departments in supporting the production of the medication.

Cons

I can only speak for the department I worked in. My manager was more interested in his personal growth that his mentoring and managing his team. It seemed that his only priority was to be respected and recognized by his colleagues and he did whatever was necessary to get there. It's unfortunate that many of his peers take notice of this however never confront him. He is widely known as being disrespectful within the company.

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company Overall

Aug 9, 2016 - Intern in Summit, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Super smart people - Company is leading edge in terms of their field; very prestigious brand name - High compensation

Cons

Not clear outline of expectations for my role with management - recruiter and manager provided conflicting messages: - Recruiter highlighted the fact that I could live in NY and train in; manager expected me to rent a car for the summer (which would have come out of my own personal expenses) - Recruiter told me that upon a full-time offer I could explore different parts of the company via role rotations every couple of year; manager told me they wanted someone who was interested in their specific department who wanted to stick around for more than several years Unfortunately management didn't tell me about these expectations until the end of my internship so it felt like there was a bit of a gap from a leadership perspective, but could've also been my fault that I made assumptions based on what I was told in the interview process.

3. 5.0
    Former Intern

Internship Review

Oct 15, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Had a great manager who was very supportive and tried making it the best intern experience I could have -Flexibility with projects -Weekly luncheons

Cons

-Summer 2017, still a relatively new intern program so still figuring out the structure

4. 5.0

Summer internship Medical Affairs team

Feb 4, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very helpful manager and team who support you

Cons

Working hours can get slightly long

5. 2.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Lack of communication. Management. changes their minds about direction often.

Nov 24, 2014 - Analyst in Summit, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I did have one manager that was a good leader but the company squeezed this individual out of the company.

Cons

There is a lack of communication from management. Also, the goals change constantly with no communication about direction. I had several management changes and some of them were unstable personalities. Those that are unstable tend to get promoted. The company also tends to hire those connected to people already working there ie. Friends, relatives, etc.. The group I am in doesn't promote team work. There was no training or SOPs.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Great Work environment

Jun 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment. Loved my manager and Director. Great coworkers. Exciting projects.

Cons

Salary is not that competitive

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Look Before You Leap

May 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for the most part and hours are flexible. Most people stay for the stock rewards. People are impressed by the name...they wouldn't be if they really knew what went on here.

Cons

Your happiness and work/life balance with this company is directly tied to the division that you are in and your direct manager. Managers in some divisions have little leadership or management experience. There is a definite disconnect between Sr Leadership and certain divisions within the company. Little to no communication. Broken processes are just accepted as the norm.

11 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Slave mentality

Sep 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Boudry
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice People working there. Benefits are good

Cons

Worst management team in most departments. The Company grew very fast and they were not able to train good managers. Just because you are good at your job does not make you a good manager of people. The Managers treat lower staff like slaves in a factory. 100% is not good enough, you need to give 200%. Work life balance was the worst.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Good Experience

Mar 7, 2019 - Emerging Technology in Summit, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

For interns they arrange many activities and seminars, where you can learn about industry.

Cons

You work under manager, so won't get chance to work in team or collaborate with other team members.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company but it depends on which Department you work for

Jul 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company overall but it depends on which department and manager you work for . Good pay & benefit.

Cons

-I worked for Celgene over 3 years , its a good company to work for but unfortunately I worked in Corporate Accounting which it runs by Mr. right who surrounded himself with bunch of yes men. There are so much Favoritism, politics , double standard and discrimination especially against older employee in that department. He appointed some incompetent middle managers who don't have the minimum skills to manage and don't even know what they are managing . - I would say in my career I have not seen a manager as horrible as my former manager. She micromanaged and wants to control everything

14 people found this review helpful