CellTrak Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

CellTrak Technologies Reviews

Updated May 8, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Battaglia

1. "Inside Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Carpentersville, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Carpentersville, IL

I worked at CellTrak Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, nice location. If I could have just done the job I was brought in to do, I would never have wanted to leave. I loved it there.

Cons

I was hired to create and then lead an inside sales team. Shortly after I started, the board of directors replaced most of the leadership team. My role was changed to essentially a lead generation position, and I was told not to sell, not to close business even where a prospect was ready. I've overachieved in sales 15 years out of 15, and won awards for individual sales performance and inside sales leadership - I can close business without handholding or handing deals off, especially when the prospect is ready to sign. But that is a professional difference - I want to sell and I want to lead, not simply be an overpaid lead gen rep - and even the person I reported to is a very pleasant, good person to work with.

Advice to Management

When a prospect has affirmed interest, and verbally committed, the sale needs to be closed. Don't let questions of who gets credit for what kill momentum, spoil the excitement for the new customer, and let business be lost due to forced handoffs.

2. "CellTrak is a wonderful company to work for they offer great benefits, good pay and are very flexible."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at CellTrak Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CellTrak has a great team of employees, everyone gets along and works great together. The benefits are wonderful and they are priced at a normal rate. The new office space turned out wonderful and shows the growth of the company.

Cons

With every company you run into Cons, they are not things that affect my opinion about working for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing what growth will happen in the future.

"Lots of work, minimal rewards, little career advancement."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Good work / life balance, location is great if you like shopping in a mall, casual dress code, laid back environment, people who like playing darts will love it here.

Cons

Low pay, virtually no career advancement, little reward for hard work. The word technology is in the name of the company but it takes a back seat to everything else. OJT at this company is pretty much the only way you will learn anything, so you have to be an above average self starter and have no family life so you can have time to learn what is needed to do your job. Health benefits are expensive, probably the highest cost I have ever had to pay. A lot of people have little integrity, don't communicate well, won't except responsibility and have a pass the buck mentality.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees, a company that is managed by one person at the top can't be successful and learn to trust those with experience in areas you aren't familiar. Retain good quality employees, don't just let them leave and realize that quality experienced people aren't a dime a dozen and are needed in all parts of the organization not just the areas you understand in order to be successful.

"Interesting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Freedom to do the job, no micro management, laid back casual environment. Company is in the health IT field based in a suburb of Chicago.

Cons

The salaries offered are below the going rate. There is a potential for career growth unfortunately the actual direction of such growth is not solid.

Advice to Management

The company is a good company and there is a lot of potential but finding and retaining highly qualified people needs to have better focus.

5. "Device Manager"

Pros

Good Environment
    Nice People
    Food/Coffee/Tea Availible
    Flexible hours
    Good work life balance

Cons

Far from the city of chicago, an issue for commuters
    sales and support driven make customer interactions difficult
    boring work

Advice to Management

Keep in touch more with employees to make them feel like a part of something bigger.

6. "Horrible"

I worked at CellTrak Technologies full-time

Pros

Location is good and there are always job openings

Cons

High turnover, bad morale, worse Exec team

"Some Great Perks, but Heavy Workload and Room for Improvement"

I have been working at CellTrak Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual work environment and dress code. No micro-management. Flexible work hours when needed. Team members I work with are committed to their jobs and take great pride in their work. Collaborative environment and feeling throughout the company.

Cons

Upper management does not listen to lower-level workers to the detriment of the company’s products and the company itself. Although the environment is casual, it is stressful. The workload is very heavy. Salaries are below industry standards. Very little project management, if any.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff members who work directly with customers to help set project timelines, not just developers. The client services team’s input is ignored too frequently. Don’t let talented people leave the company, retain them. Hire more people, we are understaffed in all areas of the business with the exception of sales.

"Big disappointment"

Pros

Friendly and casual work environment. Good balance between work and private life. Attitude regarding time off / vacation is healthy. Good excitement towards product.

Cons

Incompetent senior management. Lack of leadership. Poor compensation. Poor project planning. Work conditions while casual are very stressful. Deliverables are never concretely defined.

Advice to Management

Management needs to lose its ego and actually be willing to listen to subordinates. Input is too often discarded. Unrealistic deadlines, scope creep and lack of focus is destroying employee moral.