Cellular Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Adam Kimmet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, good upper management, good vision for the future (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of support from upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Cons would absolutely be upper management (in 6 reviews)

• There is almost no training and you are expected to lie to your customers for a sale (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cellular Plus (More than a year)

Pros

-Great pay. You'll have a hard time finding a job that pays this well and requires little experience.
    -Amazing culture. It is a culture of competition and teamwork. You are always striving to be the best team, which means working together so that you are all successful.
    -Best coworkers/upper management. The company primarily promotes from within, so you find a lot of experienced leaders within the company, and everyone likes to have fun and make money.

Cons

-Many, many, many new sales reps are entitled and have no idea what hard work means. They generally get weeded out quickly, but they are still awful to deal with.
    -Scorecard is strict and stressful, and there is little leeway for you when you're having a string of down months.

Advice to Management

Work harder to understand the situations surrounding bad scorecards, but especially for veteran reps. No one who has done amazing work for the company for multiple years should be afraid for their job for having a few down months, especially if the store has been slow/environment or store manager has been bad.

Aug 30, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience working with coworkers and upper management. Cellular Plus is all about putting our people first. We recognize the... More

"Amazing Company to Work For"

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time

Pros

Cellular Plus is always moving in the right direction. Their culture, compensation opportunities, management, training, it's never ending how they're always improving. They want you to strive, make money, and grow as a person. It's constant change, but it's always been for the better. It's a competitive environment, but you are always part of a team so you have people cheering you on every day. Your peers are taught to coach and teach you so you can continue to pursue to be better than you were yesterday.

Cons

Some days are mentally stressful; customers don't understand that you're not "corporate verizon"; relying on commission to pay your bills can be scary but you go into the job knowing that. This is not the job for you if you're not out-going, competitive, willing to be taught and coached everyday, as well as being comfortable with day to day change.

"Love being recognized for your hard work? This is the place to be!"

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time

Pros

Fun, busy & interactive environment! EXCELLENT recognition for a job well done.

Cons

Can suck you in 7 days a week! This is a sales job and knowing where you are daily & planning each day is the best part. They absolutely make you take time off but it will be hard for competitive people who want to be #1

"Family-Like Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support from upper management
    Advancement Opportunities
    Company promotes from within
    Company recognizes hard work
    Offers bonuses for hard work

Cons

It's customer service... customer service work is hard sometimes.

Oct 17, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It's really important to us that you feel supported and recognized by management and the company. People are our No. 1 priority! We love the fact... More

5. "It's the job and the people I work with."

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time

Pros

Coming to work with such a wonderful group of people is so nice. This group is like my second family.

Cons

Our open concept offices are not soundproof at all. Mostly it's good but there are times I wish I had a door. Not to shut people out but to help me focus on certain projects sometimes.

Advice to Management

I know how lucky we are to have access to all the benefits we offer because a lot of other companies do not have these at all. But my number one thing on the wishlist is to have more affordable health benefits.

"awesome"

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time

Pros

great pay
    great environment
    awesome staff
    awesome managment

Cons

sometimes slow
    buggy customer service
    traffic
    buggy price match system

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Director

Thanks so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you’re having a good experience with the Cellular Plus team. We agree with you 100%, it is the people that makes a workplace awesome. That’s... More

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Great Falls, MT
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Great Falls, MT

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is very supportive. My direct supervisors care about my professional life and are interested in my personal life and what drives me. I've spoken with the owner of the company on multiple occasions, and am confident that he would recognize me if we crossed paths in the street. There's a huge potential for income, especially considering the fact that it's an entry level job with 0 experience required. This company is constantly changing in order to make improvements to their comp structure, training processes, and to meet the needs of customers!

Cons

Small disconnect between certain departments at corporate and stores. IT sometimes comes off as demanding, rather than understanding, especially when stores are swamped with guests.
    Promotions are limited, and really only available if you can relocate (which isn't always possible with families).

Advice to Management

Continue to getting to know your leaders and reps!

Sep 15, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you so much for your review. It is great to hear that you feel valued as a professional and as a person. That is exactly what we want everyone to feel being on the Cellular Plus Team. As a... More

"Comments from Corporate Headquarters staff"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Billings, MT

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for a one owner company is great. You get access to decision makers and can offer suggestions and help change or implement policy. This company is very generous in the community.

Cons

Clearer communication between HQ and the Stores is something that needs to constantly be worked on.

Advice to Management

Please continue to work toward greater training for ALL staff.

Sep 15, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Cellular Plus. As a company, we make it a priority for everyone to feel valued and heard. It is every talented individual like you that makes the... More

9. "Decent at First"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Cellular Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The "family" that most stores have is great. This is entirely up to the staff and not so much the company. I actually miss working with some of my team.
    The pay is pretty decent as well.

Cons

The corporate office is only concerned about themselves. The processes for very easy things require approval from someone wayyyyyy up the chain. It was also very sad that I gave a month notice that I was leaving from my position as a store manager and the territory manager came in the next day and terminated me, leaving the store with no manager.

Advice to Management

Make things a little more simple. Cut the micromanagement. Give your staff some $$ to have fun as a store... $20 for a pizza party or something that can be rewarded as a team... its all about the individual and not many want to work together to achieve a common goal.

10. "Hmm, It was very good until"

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Sandy, OR
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Sandy, OR

I worked at Cellular Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission was pretty good, and the spiffs were pretty nice. The store looked beautiful in Sandy Oregon. We figured quickly how to build and keep a good team. It was good to learn the cellular world by doing it and making mistakes. MY district manager Greg, and then Mike were key components to our success.

Cons

Management got greedy, the system changed at some point and my managers above my store were dropping like flies. I guess it was because they felt the same as me and many others. They lost sight of their loyalty and care for the employee. If we are not happy, our customers see that and then the energy of the store is just off. Its hard to fix once it gets to that point.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees about what the store/team needs, and dont loose sight in your company mission. Be managers, and be well, but understand that you dont know everything because the consumer changes all the time and so we have to utilize the reps you employ to gather the info and vibes needed to carry you further into the future with current and new customers.