Cellular Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 6, 2018

3.8
Adam Kimmet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good pay, good upper management, good vision for the future" (in 4 reviews)

• "Lots of support from upper management" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management treats anyone lower than them terribly" (in 8 reviews)

• "There is almost no training and you are expected to lie to your customers for a sale" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing opportunity for growth and a great work life balance. Great support team and excellent upper management!"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, management, bonuses, incentives for growth. You can absolutely learn a lot and build your life and professional skills in this company

Cons

It's customer service and sales. Can be a bit stressful but hard work here truly pays off. .

Advice to Management

Keep on hearing out employees' recommendations and the future of your company is very bright!

Cellular Plus Response

Feb 16, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We really appreciate you highlighting the personal and professional development opportunities that are provided at Cellular Plus. As we... More

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission is good, TM and DM support is great

Cons

Not allowed overtime, scheduling isnt always great.

3. "Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bozeman, MT

I worked at Cellular Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome manager, good coworkers, decent pay

Cons

Expected to fix a lot of tedious problems presented by customers.

4. "wireless rep"

Former Employee - Rep in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Rep in Loveland, CO

I worked at Cellular Plus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is not bad when there is enough business

Cons

management and always changing something to the system to make it worse and training sucks

Advice to Management

train better and keep good things the same

5. "Store Manager"

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive Culture, Uncapped commissions, trips to be earned, fun environment, advancement opportunities

Cons

Can be stressful at times, you have to have good time management skills.

Cellular Plus Response

Jun 5, 2018 – HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Keeping everyone motivated through teamwork and competition is what makes the Cellular Plus Team great. Having fun at work, going places, and having... More

"Wireless Consultant/Store Manager"

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant & Store Manager
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant & Store Manager

I worked at Cellular Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees and the hourly rate is competitive. That is all.

Cons

The last year I spent with Cell Plus saw 4 changes to the commission policy (1 per quarter which I believe was done only to adhere to a wage law regarding changes in pay-rate). While the hourly is competitive, your real living wage is based on commission which, as I mentioned, can be a moving target month-to-month. When I left, there were nearly 13 different sales metrics to consider when determining your monthly take-home. Of those 13, about 10 were unrealistic, exorbitant, and frankly close to impossible. The only people who really "achieved" goal were scammers and used car salespeople who had no consideration for the customers' needs, wants, or budgets. Suffice it to say, with a moving target for monthly sales goals and commission payouts, steer clear of applying here unless you're willing/able to be ruthless and cutthroat with sales and extremely shady in sales tactics for your customers.

Advice to Management

Generally, the store managers know what's what and speak their piece when they can. However, the territory and district managers are far too complacent watching their employees being raked over the coals with impossible targets and firing good employees for lack of "performance." TM's and DM's need to show some backbone, step up and speak their piece to the power that is the end-all-be-all of the company. It could be a great career opportunity if the targets were achievable and not simply padding the pocket of the owner.

7. "Fairly Good Work Environment"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Cellular Plus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, pretty good compensation, good management.

Cons

Not many, good experience overall so far.

Advice to Management

Require less of consultants. We have to do a significant amount on the backend.

"Training and development on top of perks and parties"

I have been working at Cellular Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for training and development at every level. At every quarterly conversation, my director would let me know how I've been doing for the last quarter, together we plan for the next quarter, and get my input on what more I'd like to do to fulfill my potential with the company.
    We also get to know people we work with through company-wide parties and events. So many celebrations going on for everyone's birthdays, work anniversaries, holiday decoration contests, and costume contests, etc just to keep the work environment fun and exciting.
    Love the snacks, treats, and espresso machine.
    There are even all-expense paid trips to Cancun, LA, New Orleans, etc for more seasoned coworkers and top performers and their choice of a plus one. I haven't been here for that long but I'd love to qualify someday.

Cons

Benefits are ok for a single person but somewhat expensive to cover the family.

Advice to Management

Encourage cooperation between departments and between HQ and retail locations. If we can ask people to work with one another instead of only focusing on what's within their job description they tend to be more truthful about what the challenges are and more open to working as a team to address them.

"Watch your back while working for this company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Cellular Plus (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the job itself, the sales were fun, the people in my store were great.

Cons

The owner/upper management will do anything to cover them and to cover their "good stat" managers. They do not care about the employees. There was theft happening in our own store by our own employees and it was brought to the DISTRICT managers attention and he swept it under the rug and then fired one of the employee's that told because "things weren't working out". That was not the case, it was NOT because things weren't working out... it was because they were saving their butts.

Advice to Management

This company is lucky you have not been sued. You are lucky that I care about a select few people who work for your company, or I would have sued you and I am not the one that even got fired.

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

Pros

everything is so great and awesome

Cons

too awesome
    have too leave at the end of the day :'(

Advice to Management

be less awesome